Erin's OMAD Diary

Replies

• EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    I love reading y'alls updates, just FYI. :)

Thanks! I'm honoured that you read them actually. I'm just trying to emulate your success.
  • EVP_NZ
    So if you've read my thread you know I got bronchitis in February. I still have it, to a lesser extent though. I'm trying an experiment with removing dairy to see if that helps.

How have you tweaked your food? Gluten free? Low carb? High carb? Vegan? Local? What do you eat or not eat?
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    I think removing dairy will be very helpful in ridding your bronchitis because it produces extra mucus. I hope you are able to overcome it in full, bronchitis sucks!

I'm an omnivore and take advantage of all foods that I love. However, I choose nutrient dense, whole foods 85-90% of the time because those are the foods my body craves. That said, I do eat processed some times and I also like eating out and every now and then, McDonalds or other fast food places call my name. Haha :)
  • EVP_NZ
    My coughing is already less gunky. It really was the dairy. I am happy and sad at the same time. Imagine no more Parmesan or cheesecake, ever. :'(
  • EVP_NZ
    I'm consistently failing OMAD. I'm rededicating myself tomorrow. I'm going to post like crazy as I need some hand holding.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    EVP_NZ wrote: »
    So if you've read my thread you know I got bronchitis in February. I still have it, to a lesser extent though. I'm trying an experiment with removing dairy to see if that helps.

How have you tweaked your food? Gluten free? Low carb? High carb? Vegan? Local? What do you eat or not eat?

I do try, although a busy schedule has me skimming or missing some.

Bronchitis can be tough to get over. As a big guy, I went to the hospital multiple times a year for it. Strict OMAD will whip it, although it will still take time.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited August 2017
    Maybe try a longer window with 2 meals and gradually reduce until you're doing OMAD? Give your body a chance to get used to it again...
  • EVP_NZ
    Alright here we go. It's Tues morning here. I've had a single shot of espresso with 1tsp xylitol. Next 1 T chicken broth to go with my B vitamins and my pain relievers. I think, weird as it sounds, I have a dairy withdrawal headache. Nothing will make it go away. I suppose a big gulp of cream would... sniff. Oh well! On to better things.

It's probably good to remember why I'm going OMAD. It's not just weight loss for me, but mental health as well. I have a history of PTSD, depression, and anxiety and I understand intermittent fasting is very neuroprotective.
  • EVP_NZ
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Maybe try a longer window with 2 meals and gradually reduce until you're doing OMAD? Give your body a chance to get used to it again...

Gah! I guess you're right. I consistently cave at 17 hours. I think I'm trying too much at once. I'm off dairy, and about 80% less meat than I used to and adding flax, more beans, and fish. AND I'm trying OMAD. Too much I think.

Am I still welcome if I'm 17/9? My intent is to get down to OMAD again.

Feeling v. frustrated with myself right now.

• minigrrll
    Definitely still welcome!

That's what I did my first few weeks on OMAD and then gradually lengthened my fasting time until I was just doing the one meal. Some days even just a snack of a few carrots or a red pepper were enough to keep me going until my full meal.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    EVP_NZ wrote: »
    minigrrll wrote: »

Gah! I guess you're right. I consistently cave at 17 hours. I think I'm trying too much at once. I'm off dairy, and about 80% less meat than I used to and adding flax, more beans, and fish. AND I'm trying OMAD. Too much I think.

Am I still welcome if I'm 17/9? My intent is to get down to OMAD again.

Feeling v. frustrated with myself right now.

Ease into it babe... If you push it too hard too fast it'll be frustrating and you risk "failing"...just ease on into it and you'll be good ;)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    If your losing on a 17/7 then who is to argue. Look and see if it is working or not. Also, last week I took a B vitamin complex while fasting and got very hungry not long after, much more so than usual. Maybe if you could wait to take that, it might help.
  • minigrrll
    blambo61 wrote: »
    If your losing on a 17/7 then who is to argue. Look and see if it is working or not. Also, last week I took a B vitamin complex while fasting and got very hungry not long after, much more so than usual. Maybe if you could wait to take that, it might help.

Very good point about the losing! Tons of people do IF with different eating windows - if it's working, maybe just go with it for a while...
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Yes...I see many people drop with longer windows!!! )
  • EVP_NZ
    Today is my (only) child's 6th birthday. :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Happy Birthday little one!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Happy Birthday to your child!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    happy bday to your kiddo!

glad to see that you're going well and sticking to it.
    Sorry to see you were still sick :(

Btw love your new display photo :D
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Of course you're still welcome, and Happy Birthday to your little one <3
  • EVP_NZ
    Lost 1.1 kg last week, so something is going right. I read somewhere recently that people often skip the thing that they will do for some "more perfect" thing that they'll quit. I guess right now for me it's 17/7 or 18/6. I'm still aiming for OMAD but I'm okay with this right now.