Daily check in

Options

Replies

• avoid150
    avoid150 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Very active td-Went to the gym for stair master and weights-18 holes of golf-Please do not ask my score:) other activities left me no time to eat--That might be my key-Keep busy:)
  • Karaderic
    Karaderic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel good today! Tired yesterday but a lot more energy today. Making good choices about food and able to get two workouts in!
  • Karaderic
    Karaderic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your positivity ringleader aka intotennis
  • jperdomo79
    jperdomo79 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Check In:

Workout: Piyo Upperbody, Treadmill 30 min incline walk, 60 min Ballet Barre
  • kbranch75
    kbranch75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Walked dog, yes I logged my 90 of yard work and went to the gym for some 45min strength training of fairly heavy weight tonight. Ate very healthy and was below my calorie threshold. It's a battle everyday to make the right choices.

D4, W8
  • shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well done today everyone! Today I ate very well with 787 calories remaining after food and exercise. Also just finished my 8th cup of water for the day.
    I went for a 20 min run this morning, along with a 2 hour walk in the evening. Hit 20,000 steps. Not as much as yesterday (30,000) but still wayyy over the recommended. Feeling superb :)
  • kathyNKCSD
    kathyNKCSD Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Fun getting to know you all through your posts and sharing some of the same daily struggles and successes. Not as active today running around for car service and doctor appts. Realizing that some days will be better than others. Just having to record food intake every day is a great motivator for me not to snack. We are just starting, stay strong!
  • hotmammatotwogirls
    hotmammatotwogirls Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Checking In
    Workout chest/back & 1/2 run
    Nutrition was great today compared to the last 4 days. Feeling good today about my food choices.
    Way to go Shawna, 20,000 steps that's impressive I need to start wearing my Fitbit again.
    Way to go everyone !!
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Check-in

Nutrition:
    Calorie (20% deficit goal range: 1171/1188) - 1305
    Macro (goal range: 99/102c, 44/47f, 87/93p) – 132c/57f/64p
    Water (goal min: 68/80 oz) - 37

Fitness:
    5/3/1, Cycle 5, Day 1 - Lower Body
    Steps 5,739

Assessment:
    It'll take me a couple of weeks to get back into the swing of things but it's a start. Wow, when it's spelled out like that, well, lets just say...it's not the scale's fault or the dry cleaners, lol.

@shawna_25, what! 20,000 steps, that's awesome! between my sedentary life and achilles tendinitis, some days I'm lucky to hit 1000!
  • intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Avoid150 – Great day of moving and yes, what did you shoot? I just started playing so I’m sure I can relate. Lol Keeping busy is a good thing and you need to fuel your body too! Keep up the great job!

Karaderic – Two workouts is awesome, the energy level will keep rising as you, keep rocking it!

Jperdomo – 3 workouts is crazy killing it! Excellent day girlfriend!

Kbranch – You are an excellent example of an above the top workout, verity of workouts and clean eating. Very motivating, Thank you!

Shawna – Excellent example too! Working out, eating well and drinking plenty of water will give you the results you’re looking and as you said feeling superb!

KathyNK – You said it, some days will not be as good as other but, you’re still moving and on those days when you can’t get your workout in, that’s when logging food and watching your nutrition is key, great job!

Hotmamma – Workout, nutrition, checking in, done! You’re a rock start!

Giusa – I think you’re doing a fantastic job! Your working out, logging your food and checking in to be accountable!

Change is hard! You are all making huge changes, you’re taking steps everyday. You’re working out, logging food and checking in. That’s all you need to get to your goals and to feeling great! We are “Always” hardest on our selves! I’m a professional weight loss expert, lol I’ve been battling my weight my whole life. I’m an emotional eater and I never really knew how to eat properly. WW taught me you can eat what you want but, you have to make choices. A very long time ago, my glory days (2012) I completed P90X at the age of 54 but, even after getting great results, I only saw the little bit of fat I still had, crazy! Well now I post P90X weight with extra. As I’m sure it is for you, this is a challenge for me too. I’m trying to adjust my thinking, I’m 58, overweight, (rimes,lol) I play tennis 4/5 times a week but, I want to feel better, have more energy and of course look better. I love food and wine but, I will hold off on the junk & wine and eat clean until I’ve lost 20 lbs, then I’ll continue to find that happy balance of enjoying “treats” now and again but maintaining my weight. We all need each other to help motivate, keep each other accountable, and when we fall down, help each other to get back up! We can do this ladies, let’s keep kicking butt!

If interested, here’s a link to my story from P90X :

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/799545/p90x-successful-at-54-yrs-women#latest

• jorange88
    jorange88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thats delightful giglqueen. Its encouraging and motivating to see you overcome the temptations.
    Today should have been my day one. Completed my 60min of cardio and had no junk food. Thank you for the advice intotennis. I put some of it into practice.
  • intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - Check in!

Completed P90X3 Yoga, my balance was off so kind of funny! but got it done! I will play tennis doubles tonight so good day with exercise.

Nutrition is/was good today

giglqueen - Mamma said they'd be days like this! We will all have those days so Excellent job for pushing forward and resisting! If Dorritos is a weakness don't bring it into the house. When shopping I'd have my boys pick their goodies but, it had to be something I didn't love, lol It helps :)

jorange - Awesome job on the no junk food, those workouts will pay off faster! Keep kicking butt!

Don't forget to keep a daily tally of you points so we can see who will be queen for the week!

Day 4 - weekly 11
  • shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Really appreciating the positive feedback here! Thank you!

Great job, @intotennis !!! I once tried P90X and BOY OH BOY was it tough. I admire your strength with P90X3! Also, I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't understand the daily/weekly point system, otherwise I would record it lol.

@hotmammatotwogirls , I started wearing my Fitbit again last week and it's made a huge, huge, difference in my activity level this week. If you're looking for another Fitbit buddy, add me! https://www.fitbit.com/user/4WH8FJ
    Or if anyone has a Fitbit and wants a new buddy.

Day 3 check in- 1 hr 20 min walk this morning followed by a 10 min run. 30 mins using various weight machines at the gym (focused on back and arms).
    8 cups of water gulped. Will probably have another two when I get off work tonight, as I am meeting a friend for a quick chat and walk on the boardwalk. Also stayed within my calorie goal again with all healthy foods, except my dessert. A ridiculous amount of 912 calories remaining after logging. Hope I can keep this up!
  • jperdomo79
    jperdomo79 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Checkin:

Workout: Rest Day! Yesterday was brutal and definitely sore- listening to my body.
    Nutrition: Undee Calorie Goal
    @intotennis: yes crazy! But felt accomplished
  • MommaBeare
    MommaBeare Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    DAY 3: Yeah, I just straight up didn't do anything but walk the dogs :neutral:
    Hubs left for El Paso, so didn't get motivated, just did nada!
    Tomorrow, I will make up for it. So all that fat intake and no cardio or work out, we'll see if Ketogenics is true to it's word! Scale don't lie :(

I don't understand about the points either, have to tell us what that means and how to do it.
    GREAT JOB into tennis and you bad self!
  • hotmammatotwogirls
    hotmammatotwogirls Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Checkin
    Workout was shoulders & Run .
    Nutrition under calorie goal, but have to stop eating so many carbs .
    Jperdomo Hope you enjoyed your rest day :)
    Mommabeare how long have you been doing ketogenics for ???
    Total points 8 (I missed the first Checkin day )
  • lschreiber78
    lschreiber78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was super good Monday and Tuesday. Ate well, exercised.... today wasn't as good. I had plans to meet a friend at Mimi's, good news is I got a healthy choice and ate half... bad news is I had a yummy mimosa! Ate a good lunch, ok dinner and did a small bike ride. Better get more exercise in tomorrow! Good job everyone!
  • kbranch75
    kbranch75 Posts: 80 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Good evening! I did okay eating and wish it was better. I ate when I wasn't exactly hungry and started picking at things before my evening workout. Temptation is getting to me. I did manage to not buy a slice of pizza that was freshly made at AJ's this afternoon. Walked by it twice.

Tonight I was outdoors playing tennis and went conservative logging calories burned I think. I don't have a Fitbit or Apple Watch. Thanks for all of the inspiring posts! Tomorrow is a new day.

D4, W12