P90X Successful at 54 yrs (women)

Options
I've battled my weight for most of my life which leads to being hard on myself with my body image.
I guess you could call me a yo-yo dieter; I'd try different diets, lose, gain, etc. About 22 years ago I joined a gym worked out with weights, did aerobics and got into pretty good shape. At the health club I met the man of my dreams and as the story goes I fell madly in love, had babies and got fat! I'm a tennis nut and play 3 to 4 times a week but still wasn't losing weight. In 2009 I saw a picture of myself (I'll post it) I couldn't believe how big I had gotten, I'm 5' 4" and my largest weight was over 187lbs. I found and joined WW and lost about 50 lbs and felt pretty good but still not happy with my body image.

My hubby (jfearn64) has been tall and slender all of his life but as with age your metabolism slows and he put on a little weight so he put his game face on, got disciplined and lost it. He had told me about P90X and said he wanted to do it so he could get that "6 pack" while he was still young. I'm not sure if he asked me or I said I wanted to try it but, I am so happy I did! P90X is extreme but, Jeff inspired me on days when I wasn't feeling up to it and he even made me laugh on others. I truly believe I would not have the results I achieved without Jeff being there to encourage me along the way.

When I met Jeff and later got big; I used to joke that I was lucky because I met Jeff when I was in the best shape of my life but I could never get below 130 lbs and now with P90X I'm at 127! It's funny I'm still adjusting to the body image thing but I'm very happy with my results "The program works!"

New Year's Eve 2010

30awh2r.jpg

Before Twist
3bhhe.jpg

After Twist
65bvh5.jpg

Before Back
2l95y15.jpg

After Back
2ylwlko.jpg

Sheri Day 1
Day 90

Weight: 150

Chest: 34
30 1/2

Waist: 33
27 1/8

Hips: 38
33 3/4

Rt Thigh: 23

Lt Thigh: 23
21 1/2

Rt Arm: 12 1/4
11 1/4

Lt Arm: 11 1/4
11 1/4

Body Fat% 28
20%

Replies

• anniebell83
    anniebell83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!! I just ordered P90X this morning can't wait to try.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Congratulations on such a great job done!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    wow great job!
  • Hungrygirl88
    Options
    Holy cow, you look great!
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and you are amazing!! Congrats!! You are lucky to have someone so supportive!
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You look great! one sexy momma :)!

I am hoping to start first round p90x run within the next week, I hope my arms look half as good as yours!
  • ZombieMercy
    ZombieMercy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look phenomenal!
  • shella_bella
    Options
    WOW! you look great! congrats!!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Wow you just totally inspired me! Age is not a factor!!! I think I need to pull out me p90x in the new year! Way to go.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and are truly inspiring! Well done :D
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    It has a been a pleasure watching your journey. Absolutely amazing effort from you and Jeff! I've been inspired from day 1 by the both of you. Your boys must be so proud of their parents! What fantastic role models you both are.

B B here you come!!! Me and Lamar will be following your lead :)
  • lamarnnem
    Options
    One of my virtual workout pals you've done a remarkable job and you've inspired the young and the young at heart. male and female. Awesomeness. Simon you are correct!!!!
  • MzGoddezz
    MzGoddezz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing results and a great inspiration :)

You have done a great job, congrats :)
  • rachelgettingfit
    Options
    You look completly AMAZING!!!! What a great job!!
  • donkeypoop
    donkeypoop Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is an incredible job!! You did awesome and there's a huge difference in your transformation!! You are very gorgeous!! :D
  • Tebbspcad
    Options
    omg wow what a transformation you look amazing!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Nice going!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational!:flowerforyou:
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    HOLY GMILF!!! LOL! Awesome job!! You look amazing! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!