P90X Successful at 54 yrs (women)

Options

Replies

• GetDemGainz
    Options
    Wow, you look great. Truly amazing transformation and very inspiring. Thanks for sharing and congrats!!
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Awesome results, you look Fantastic!
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My jaw literally dropped - what an amazing transformation! Very inspiring, so much so I'm getting off here and getting onto burning some cals! Well done!! :flowerforyou:
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. If P90X isn't paying to share these photos they should be.
  • Kathylouhoo
    Options
    Amazing results!! Great job!!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! Amazing results! Makes me want to go get a copy:)
  • intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Your words are very inspiring to me, Thank you so much for commenting! Have an awesome day! :flowerforyou:
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Incredible job and you look fantastic! You should be very proud! Great work!!
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look amazing. Which version did you do? After I'm done with RI30 I want to do a round of P90X but not sure if I should do Lean or Classic.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    OMG

:love: :flowerforyou: :love: :wink: :wink:
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My jaw dropped! Amazing job.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I've battled my weight for most of my life which leads to being hard on myself with my body image.
    I guess you could call me a yo-yo dieter; I'd try different diets, lose, gain, etc. About 22 years ago I joined a gym worked out with weights, did aerobics and got into pretty good shape. At the health club I met the man of my dreams and as the story goes I fell madly in love, had babies and got fat! I'm a tennis nut and play 3 to 4 times a week but still wasn't losing weight. In 2009 I saw a picture of myself (I'll post it) I couldn't believe how big I had gotten, I'm 5' 4" and my largest weight was over 187lbs. I found and joined WW and lost about 50 lbs and felt pretty good but still not happy with my body image.

My hubby (jfearn64) has been tall and slender all of his life but as with age your metabolism slows and he put on a little weight so he put his game face on, got disciplined and lost it. He had told me about P90X and said he wanted to do it so he could get that "6 pack" while he was still young. I'm not sure if he asked me or I said I wanted to try it but, I am so happy I did! P90X is extreme but, Jeff inspired me on days when I wasn't feeling up to it and he even made me laugh on others. I truly believe I would not have the results I achieved without Jeff being there to encourage me along the way.

When I met Jeff and later got big; I used to joke that I was lucky because I met Jeff when I was in the best shape of my life but I could never get below 130 lbs and now with P90X I'm at 127! It's funny I'm still adjusting to the body image thing but I'm very happy with my results "The program works!"

New Year's Eve 2010

30awh2r.jpg

Before Twist
    3bhhe.jpg

After Twist
    65bvh5.jpg

Before Back
    2l95y15.jpg

After Back
    2ylwlko.jpg

Sheri Day 1
    Day 90

Weight: 150

Chest: 34
    30 1/2

Waist: 33
    27 1/8

Hips: 38
    33 3/4

Rt Thigh: 23

Lt Thigh: 23
    21 1/2

Rt Arm: 12 1/4
    11 1/4

Lt Arm: 11 1/4
    11 1/4

Body Fat% 28
    20%

Has anyone asked yet?

Did you follow the P90X nutrition plan, the Beachbody nutrition plan or your own plan?

Eat at a deficit or did you eat at RMR + Exercise cals?
  • intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'll try to answer some questions regarding my nutrition plan. "Thank you" for all your compliments; I really appreciate it!

I followed the P90X Classic - Phase One "Fat Shredder (50/30/20)" program for most of the time but the last 3 weeks I went on Phase Two "Energy Booster (40/40/20), I needed more complex carbs to help keep my energy up. I'm 5'4" and started at 150lbs so I made sure to eat 1200 calories a day. I did NOT eat back any exercise calories and I made sure to eat all of the 1200 cals and didn't worry about going over just a few. The most important thing to me was eating all my Protein and the right Macros (If you need more info with Macros, just let me know).

Pre-logging my food dairy was a must! If I didn't pre-plan or pre-log I'd surely mess up my numbers. I tried to eat as clean as possible but once in awhile I'd treat myself to something gooey. I also used P90X Results & Recovery Drink to help keep the soreness to a minimum. I love how you can modify each workout with P90X and if you log your progress you'll see yourself get stronger the next time you do that DVD.

I'm always here to help if you have any questions, just drop me an email.

Take care for now,
    Sheri :wink:
  • AfroKaos
    Options
    That is an incredible transformation! And that's what happens when you put in the work.
    Age ain't nuthin but a number. You look amazing!
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You look amazing well done
  • stennis
    stennis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sizzle! Jeff is one lucky dude. I bet he struts pretty good when you're on his arm.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation !
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • brightblader
    Options
    I wish my mum could be as dedicated as you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!