New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• emma_linton
    emma_linton Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks that's really helpful! And I'm going to take you up on your offer and stalk your diary too :)
  • tmoag54
    tmoag54 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Im Tammy! I am looking to lose weight and get strong again post an injury. My goal is to lose ~40lbs and take it 5 at a time. I struggle with not eating enough and easing my way back into exercising!
  • fionaschipke
    fionaschipke Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I am Fiona. I have been on the EM2WL forum and over at Facebook but have only just started tracking on MFP. It is better than I expected. I am almost at my goal weight. I was doing really well and eating optimally and decided that I would do LCHF and then zero carb. Huge mistake. I gained fat immediately and then lost it after a few months on LCHF and then gained it again on zero carb. I have around 4kgs of fat to ditch after that 2 year experiment. I can't believe it took me that long to realise it wasn't working.

Since around August last year I have been sort of resetting and have lost and gained a kilo or so. But haven't seriously tried cutting. My bloating has gone and I feel much better though. Maybe in a couple of months I will try a cut.

I have been doing weights for around 25 years and HIIT for the last few years.

I only have a few friends at the moment so would love a few more. I find it helpful to see what others eat and do.
  • Treena59
    Treena59 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi there! My name is Treena. I have been over weight most of my life...but since I did not have a car until I was 40 years, I maintain my weight about 190 lb. Which for someone is 5'4", it was over weight, but not really bad. Then I got my car, because I moved from California where you can take a bus every where you want to go, to Ohio, where the bus system is not as great as So. Cal. Plus I got tired of freezing my butt off in the snow and ice. I knew, when I got the car, that was it for me weight wise. I am now pushing 240 lbs and I am 58 years old. Due to my weight, I have breast Cancer, knee replacement...and high blood pressure and other issues...that if I don't do something now, by the time I hit 60, I feel my health will be a lot worse.

My job is great, I am working with an diet counselor, and trying to work out at the gym at work...and my breast cancer dr is saying that I need to work at 5 times a week. That is a lot for me...And with my knee replacement, it is hard to do a lot of things, but I am trying to go at least 3 times a week and work out at home on my Wii.

I did have a fitbit, but it took a nose dive...so I have a Fitcloud...Which works great.

I need to let you guys know that I am a pepsi drinker, and I have cut down to one per day. I do not like water, but have been drinking flavor water. And sometimes, I do drink sparkling water just so I can get my fizz for the day.

So far, I have lost a half a pound....not the greatest but hey I will take it. And hopefully with your help, I can do better....trying to stay at 1500 cal per day.

Thanks.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Hello Everyone!! My name is Connie and I live in PA. I am 50 years old and currently weigh 179. I would love to lose about 30 - 35 pds. My calorie count is 1400. I really need all the help I can get
  • nikki6_2002
    nikki6_2002 Posts: 31 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi everyone,
    I have been an on and off 1200 a day mfp calorie limiter for years now. Im not all that overweight but I do have 10kgs (22lbs) to lose.
    The first time I used mfp it took me 8 months to lose 22lbs, i was super committed amd very happy with the results but I was tired... tired of starving and having no energy, of cooking seperate meals for myself and my family, of not being able to live! I went back to my old ways and eventually my weight crept back up. Now I find that limiting to 1200 cals current see results in the same way.
    So I am excited to find you all amd have a plan I can live with for the long haul.
    I would love some EM2WL friends, please add me
  • brujahqueen
    brujahqueen Posts: 29 Member
    Hi my name is Misty I'm 5'10" and I weigh 338 lbs, my goal weight is 200. I've struggled with weight loss most of my life and I'm looking for ways to lose the weight and keep it off. I'm currently eating about 1500 calories a day and trying to work out 3 times a week. I'm looking for things that will work in the long run, not for the short term. I'm always happy to meet new people and I love making friends.
  • hbanks25
    hbanks25 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello....have been lurking for quite a while. I think I am finally ready to TRY it. So, so nervous and scared. I have my numbers and macros but can't find anything about what everyone is actually eating. Does anyone do a free-for-all or are they 1800 calories worth of "good" food?

So, about two years ago I was down 20 lbs or so then had to have a hysterectomy and it slowly crept back. When I did lose it though, it was with help of a rx. Don't want to depend on that and need a way of life.

Looking for some EM2WL friends!!!

Heather
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Start artificially limiting yourself on food during this time, and you'll discover as do most coming out of a diet - they gain it back.

Make the diet time the same as maintenance time.

Many apply a 80/20 rule - 80% healthy to provide needed nutrients and get macros where they need to be - 20% enjoyable to make it sustainable and allow adherence.

Because if "good" food (whatever that means in your definition) causes you to not eat enough - not good.
    If it causes you to binge to a well planned day with foods you actually enjoy and want to eat - not good.

So have something you can adhere to, and sustain from weight loss to maintenance.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Hi

found your group after searching for info on BMR & TDEE. They are 1960 and 2760 according to the calculator.

Right, this is day 74 (10 weeks 4 days) eating approximately 25% deficit. I started at 131.7kg with a target loss of 61.7kg.

My last weigh in was 120.1kgs after exactly 10 weeks. Therefore, I've been averaging a loss of 2.6lbs per week.
    I have been eating a steady, comfortable 2000 cals per day and hitting 40:30:30 macro profile (carbs highest).

I still have 50kgs to lose. From what I've read in the forum & quick start guide, after 12 weeks I should eat TDEE for 2 weeks, right? Then go back to my cut.

Won't that just delay my weightloss by two weeks?
  • heybales
    Only if you think a body kept in a diet is going to keep responding exactly the same way to a deficit.

Studies show it won't.

You'd probably actually lengthen your time by well more than 2 weeks, plus the stress of aggravation during that time causing water weight gain. Now talk about stress.

https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html/

• Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    Only if you think a body kept in a diet is going to keep responding exactly the same way to a deficit.

Studies show it won't.

You'd probably actually lengthen your time by well more than 2 weeks, plus the stress of aggravation during that time causing water weight gain. Now talk about stress.

yeah, I don't really understand your reply but thanks
  • dawnmckoy
    dawnmckoy Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! I'm not new to EM2WL, but new to this group. Have been lurking a few weeks. :)

What brought me here? Knowing I need some support.

I was mostly successful at maintaining my weight with the Metabolism Reset, while healing from a multitude of restrictive diets and yo-yo'ing for the past 40+ years. I still struggled with binging on the foods those diets restricted, but I have noticed for the past two-three weeks I am not binging anymore, and I am finally ready to cut.

I love strength training and have a good bit of muscle-just need to keep increasing it and uncover it! I'm having a tough time eating enough protein so I will be looking for ideas on that.
    ~~Dawn
  • dtmpofu
    dtmpofu Posts: 6 Member
    Hie there, im Duncan, 33 year old male based in Southern Africa.Current weight of 102kg.Desired weight of about 80- 85kgs.Looking for friends to support me on this journey.20 days into calorie tracking, hope i win & i definately know that w your help I will.Thanks
  • heybales
    heybales wrote: »

Studies show it won't.

yeah, I don't really understand your reply but thanks

To the questions you posed - Yes. No.
  • slbwell1
    slbwell1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I'm Sandy and very new to forums. I've joined an 80 day challenge at our gym to get healthy. I quit smoking a little over 2 years ago and in the process decided to join the gym to avoid the wieght gain that usually came with quitting. Now I'm just trying to stay healthy and get the BMI precentages down. It's not so much about what the scale is saying but how strong I'm feeling.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Hi! After a long time of abandoning MFP, I have come back today. I put my current stats in - I'm 5'3", 38 years old, I'm sedentary, and as of this morning I weigh 171.2 lbs - and MFP has given me 1280 calories to eat for the day to lose 1lb/wk (I'm so gonna starve).

At the beginning of this year, I got my a1c results 5.7 which classifies me as pre-diabetic and my cholesterol is 103. Throughout the year, my doctor tried to get me to do a slow carb diet... which I completely failed as I love my carbs. It would stress me so much that I had to keep seeing her every 2 weeks with no big results to show week after week. I've yo-yo'd the same 5 lbs over and over again (which is my usual result over the years). So I want to know if this EM2WL will work for me. :/:ohwell:
  • heybales
    Letting body recover from current/past diets, getting the mind into a better state, and then taking a reasonable diet approach ....

Works for everybody.
  • msviada
    msviada Posts: 3 Member
    Hi....im currently 300lbs and looking to lose 80 long term 6 months and 30lbs by January....i want to fet focused on real weight loss abd permanently keep it off. .....i am getting my mind right spiritual and i just need the other components to line up to....i need help
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Hi! After a long time of abandoning MFP, I have come back today. I put my current stats in - I'm 5'3", 38 years old, I'm sedentary, and as of this morning I weigh 171.2 lbs - and MFP has given me 1280 calories to eat for the day to lose 1lb/wk (I'm so gonna starve).

At the beginning of this year, I got my a1c results 5.7 which classifies me as pre-diabetic and my cholesterol is 103. Throughout the year, my doctor tried to get me to do a slow carb diet... which I completely failed as I love my carbs. It would stress me so much that I had to keep seeing her every 2 weeks with no big results to show week after week. I've yo-yo'd the same 5 lbs over and over again (which is my usual result over the years). So I want to know if this EM2WL will work for me. :/:ohwell:

EM2WL is not a diet. There are no restrictions on what you can eat. You would benefit from looking through our quick start guide which will give you the low down on what who we are and what you can expect. www.em2wl.com/start
    At the top of this discussion group you will also find a bunch of stickies full of information. Please have a look through those as well!

Welcome to the group!
    Kelly
    Team EM2WL