Erin's OMAD Diary

Options

Replies

• EVP_NZ
    EVP_NZ Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @Brendalea69 and @Jim_fbr Moderation has never been my strong suit. That’s why I’m here. ;)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    EVP_NZ wrote: »
    @Brendalea69 and @Jim_fbr Moderation has never been my strong suit. That’s why I’m here. ;)

:D
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    Day 3 easier though still hungry of course. It comes in waves.

Think I have dialed in my caffeine. I’m having 75 mg per day (in caffeine pills) and drinking only decaf. That way I can have a consistent daily caffeine dose and taper off slowly, hopefully without headaches. I’ll just keep shaving the pills into smaller chunks and going slowly, slowly.

Finally picked up my novel again today. Probably been a month since I’d worked on it. Bless this patient protagonist who has been waiting 9 years to be born. Not eating and worrying about eating (carbs?!? Calories? Meat? Vegetarian?!?) frees up a lot of time and mental space.
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    Day 3 sorted. Much easier than Day 2, thankfully. Anyone reading this still using cream in their coffee or broth—do yourself a favour and stop. It’s easier without. Days 1 and 2 may suck, but it’s super easy after.

Now I have to really try to get above 1000 calories at my meal. I don’t know what the deal was with that 1,500 calorie meal. Not vegetarian probably, because I really have to eat on my veggie meals. The vegan ice cream I made is pretty blah (very icy—too low fat although the flavour is great) but the calories help.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I use carnation milk in my coffee (when i rarely have a cup) I love it!

Sounds like yr doing great!!!
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    I feel like I was really cocky the first time I tried this. Like “I do keto and have read Jason Fung so I know how to do this and I’m going to make up all my own special snowflake rules.” Needless to say that didn’t work.

I’m also finding that this go-round I’m really delving deep into some mental/emotional healing. Just spent an hour writing and clearing some of the gunk left in my brain after my son’s 3-week hospitalisation in the NICU, failure to breastfeed (I had to exclusively pump), and just the stress of caring for a baby with zero support (family 8000 miles away) and a husband in grad school.

That’s over 6 years ago now, but PTSD doesn’t just go away unfortunately. It’s still right there. But I’m dealing with it now, not just stuffing it down with food.

And I’m writing again, not just journaling, but legit creative writing. Feels good man.

Weight loss is not just weight loss. It’s an inner transformation too, I think.

Thoughts?
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    yes, most definitely an inner journey =)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I feel like I was really cocky the first time I tried this. Like “I do keto and have read Jason Fung so I know how to do this and I’m going to make up all my own special snowflake rules.” Needless to say that didn’t work.

I’m also finding that this go-round I’m really delving deep into some mental/emotional healing. Just spent an hour writing and clearing some of the gunk left in my brain after my son’s 3-week hospitalisation in the NICU, failure to breastfeed (I had to exclusively pump), and just the stress of caring for a baby with zero support (family 8000 miles away) and a husband in grad school.

That’s over 6 years ago now, but PTSD doesn’t just go away unfortunately. It’s still right there. But I’m dealing with it now, not just stuffing it down with food.

And I’m writing again, not just journaling, but legit creative writing. Feels good man.

Weight loss is not just weight loss. It’s an inner transformation too, I think.

Thoughts?

You're right, it is an inner transformation...I also had a baby in the NICU for 4 weeks and in the hospital for a total of 7 Weeks because she was born 2 months premature and I also had to pump because she was just too tiny to breast feed...I had support from family but I couldn't be with my baby all the time because I had a 3 year old at home to take care of too and the hospital was 2 1/2 hours away...I felt like I was neglecting each child because I couldn't be with them both 24/7...Just because we couldn't breast feed doesnt really matter because our babies still got milk from us, it was just in a different way and that's perfectly ok...I'm glad you're dealing with your PTSD without food this time...We are great Mom's and we got this <3
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    @Brendalea69 Thank you. It helps to know that others can relate. SO much guilt. Motherhood is a minefield, though I’m enjoying his school years much more than the baby and toddler years. Just being mostly alone raising this being entirely dependent on you. No thanks. There are many reasons I have just one child.

Day 5 and hungry as soon as I’m awake. That’s interesting.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Ive had a day or two of hunger on waking....it usually goes away =)
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    Day 5 done. A bit unwell. Ever know when you’re eating something that it’s not going to agree with you? I wonder how I knew? Next time I ought to listen

Days 6,7,8 I’m worried about. My first OMAD weekend and a long weekend with travel to boot. Yep. Worried.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Stay strong, you can do it!!!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    you can handle it girl =)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it, just take it one day at a time. You can do it.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Just run the play, and you'll be fine :)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Don't get stressed, if you can do five days you can do eight days.
    Each day you get through makes you stronger and one step closer to you reaching your goals.
    Just keep thinking how great that will feel.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Ive had a day or two of hunger on waking....it usually goes away =)

Get your protein and micro-nutrients! I usually have a little hunger in the morn tell I drink some water.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Great that you are back at it Erin.

We have a little grandson in the NICU right now. He was born in July at 23 weeks and 2 days and will hopefully be out in the next month or so. Darcy’s daughter had the flu a few weeks ago and couldn’t even go in to see him while she was sick. Very stressful, I really feel for you...
  • EVP_NZ
    Options
    @Brendalea69 and @minigrrll There are few things worse than having your baby in a plastic box, stuck full of IVs and oxygen tubes, etc and not being allowed to hold him or even touch him. Give those mums all the support you can.

The whole process (I had to have a c-section because of a previous surgery) felt like a violation and infantilising. I had no control over my own body or my child. I was a package holding a product. It was horrible. Give her lots of love and support and don’t let anyone minimise her feelings. UGH. I’m so sorry.

I didn’t do so great over the weekend. Two meals everyday for three days. No snacking, but still TMAD isn’t OMAD. But I’m back here. I figure the only way to really fail is to quit. If you don’t quit, you can’t fail.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    . But I’m back here. I figure the only way to really fail is to quit. If you don’t quit, you can’t fail.

exactly!!