November Challenge

Options

Replies

• keto_strong
    keto_strong Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, I've finally hit the keto energy curve! Really had been starting to question whether this was right for me. Workouts had been a disaster both in strength and endurance. Now almost a month in, have lost 5lbs (not counting the water weight I lost and gained back) and thrilled to not be moving at a snails pace! I wish I knew how long the whole adaptation process takes beforehand.
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    I know it's already the 6th of the month but I just saw this. Too late to join?
  • senseandsensibility
    Options
    [/quote]
    Great weight loss, well done to you! Also post anytime and you are doing it correctly, we don't edit the original one, just add a new post as you have done.
    [/quote]

Oh good. Thank you. I thought I was being a ninnie who couldn't figure out how to edit the post. LOL.

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Oh good. Thank you. I thought I was being a ninnie who couldn't figure out how to edit the post. LOL.

[/quote]

Nah, just like the rest of us!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    I know it's already the 6th of the month but I just saw this. Too late to join?

Of course not, post your weight and get going!!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    lucmatele wrote: »
    10/29 159.7

11/05 158.9

Not a full pound but started about 6 months ago and have lost a bit over 27 lbs... this is when it starts getting really hard to loose for me, thank you for the challenge, I need this PUSH! :smiley:

Well done for loosing 27lbs and let's face it, loosing anything is better than putting it on which seems to be my alternative :s
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Well, I've finally hit the keto energy curve! Really had been starting to question whether this was right for me. Workouts had been a disaster both in strength and endurance. Now almost a month in, have lost 5lbs (not counting the water weight I lost and gained back) and thrilled to not be moving at a snails pace! I wish I knew how long the whole adaptation process takes beforehand.

It can take up to 6 weeks for your body to adapt to burning fat for energy. Also many people stall at week 3-4. At my 3 week mark I was really strict with my macros and I had the same 4-5 lbs for about 2 weeks up & down, but I'm so glad I stuck with it.

Edited: bc I'm getting sick & clearly can't read. Lol. I'm glad it's turned around for ya.
  • blondebaby88
    blondebaby88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late y'all!!
    11/05 - 212
    11/12 -
    11/19 -
    11/26 -

I was very annoyed to hop on the scale and see I gained 2lbs...ugh.
    I'm kinda hoping it was a crap scale
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    It can take up to 6 weeks for your body to adapt to burning fat for energy. Also many people stall at week 3-4. At my 3 week mark I was really strict with my macros and I had the same 4-5 lbs for about 2 weeks up & down, but I'm so glad I stuck with it.

Thank you for this!!!
    I was really depressed after leaving the clinic with my weight having gone up.
    I did have some adult beverages but cut calories this week. Also my macros were very good. So your info was encouraging. This was my week 4.

My stats:
    11/01- 222.4
    11/06- 223.8 :neutral:
    11/13
    11/20
    11/27
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Sorry I'm late y'all!!
    11/05 - 212
    11/12 -
    11/19 -
    11/26 -

I was very annoyed to hop on the scale and see I gained 2lbs...ugh.
    I'm kinda hoping it was a crap scale

Welcome! Just stick to the same scales all the time, crap or not, it eventually evens out!!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options

Thank you for this!!!
    I was really depressed after leaving the clinic with my weight having gone up.
    I did have some adult beverages but cut calories this week. Also my macros were very good. So your info was encouraging. This was my week 4.

My stats:
    11/01- 222.4
    11/06- 223.8 :neutral:

It must be muscle after all those stairs at the weekend!!
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Started 10/17 at 184lbs
    10/31- 172lbs
    11/7- 169lbs
    11/14
    11/21
    11/28
    Goal 11/28- 162lbs
    Goal this week is to not have my Saturday drinks. I paid for it this week. Felt like crap for two days. And I am pretty sure it stalls me a little. So I'm gonna attempt to skip it this week!

• keto_strong
    keto_strong Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've decided to ditch the scale! I could see my body changing but the numbers didn't always show it .. instead of basing my success (or failure haha) on my weight I'm gonna fly blind.

Just finished my 1st IF workout and was amazed at the energy and stamina I had! Anyone else using intermittent fasting?
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    Started 10/17 at 184lbs
    10/31- 172lbs
    11/7- 169lbs

Goal 11/28- 162lbs
    Goal this week is to not have my Saturday drinks. I paid for it this week. Felt like crap for two days. And I am pretty sure it stalls me a little. So I'm gonna attempt to skip it this week!

Well done with the loss, excellent work! Good luck with this week's non drinking goal! o:)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    I've decided to ditch the scale! I could see my body changing but the numbers didn't always show it .. instead of basing my success (or failure haha) on my weight I'm gonna fly blind.

Just finished my 1st IF workout and was amazed at the energy and stamina I had! Anyone else using intermittent fasting?

good luck with your journey! IF I use when at home but workout I don't! :/
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Anyone else using intermittent fasting?

I am, 18/6 or I do dinner to dinner on occasion. Very effective for me combined with LC. I'm especially hoping the IF helps with skin elasticity.

Congrats on ditching the scale!! I carry my weight all over. It took me months of dropping lbs to see a real difference in inches and how my body looked.
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Started 10/17 at 184lbs
    10/31- 172lbs
    11/7- 169lbs

Goal 11/28- 162lbs

Well done with the loss, excellent work! Good luck with this week's non drinking goal! o:)

Thank you!!! After the way I felt after drinking, I don't think it is going to be too hard skipping it lol. Plus I prefer the feeling of eating healthy than the buzz from drinking. Crazy how everything changes once you start seeing and feeling the results.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Started 10/17 at 184lbs
    10/31- 172lbs
    11/7- 169lbs

Goal 11/28- 162lbs
    Thank you!!! After the way I felt after drinking, I don't think it is going to be too hard skipping it lol. Plus I prefer the feeling of eating healthy than the buzz from drinking. Crazy how everything changes once you start seeing and feeling the results.

I hear ya. It used to be my favourite way to unwind. A glass (or bottle) of wine, a dry cider (or five). One night a week (or three). Not anymore. I can count on one hand how many times I have had drinks since starting keto last June. It's just not appealing anymore. I get a headache and a hangover from just one drink now. I'd rather spend my money on keto chocolate and good quality meat/cheese :love:
  • mranlett
    mranlett Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I need some help getting off this weight loss plateau I've been stuck on for months now... :(

10/29 179.8

11/05 177.6

11/12

11/19

11/26

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    mranlett wrote: »
    I'm in too! I need some help getting off this weight loss plateau I've been stuck on for months now... :(

10/29 179.8

11/05 177.6

11/12

11/19

11/26

@mranlett - I'm having a blond moment and am confused. How is a 2.2 pound loss in a week a plateau/stall?