November Challenge

Options

Replies

• mranlett
    mranlett Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    mranlett wrote: »
    I'm in too! I need some help getting off this weight loss plateau I've been stuck on for months now... :(

10/29 179.8

11/05 177.6

11/12

11/19

11/26

@mranlett - I'm having a blond moment and am confused. How is a 2.2 pound loss in a week a plateau/stall?

Because I've been bouncing up and down the same 4 pounds (between 181 and 178) since early August. This is less a case of a blonde moment and more a case of too little context
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    For me, I think that'd be more of a feedback loop. Plateau is no change (no inches, no fluctuations, no scale weight up or down, absolutely nothing changing), not getting stuck in a loop/range. LOL Hence my confusion.

Remember that the body needs to maintain. For every 5% of body weight you lose, it wants 6 weeks up to 6 months of maintenance to pause, set a new normal, and be "safe" i.e. low cortisol/low stress, before losing consistently again!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    For me, I think that'd be more of a feedback loop. Plateau is no change (no inches, no fluctuations, no scale weight up or down, absolutely nothing changing), not getting stuck in a loop/range. LOL Hence my confusion.

Remember that the body needs to maintain. For every 5% of body weight you lose, it wants 6 weeks up to 6 months of maintenance to pause, set a new normal, and be "safe" i.e. low cortisol/low stress, before losing consistently again!

I love this! So my recent (overnight) gain of 1lb and the one I sure to have tonight as we are going for a very nice meal arranged by my brother which is a tasting menu and no choices is a good thing really............. :p
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The body's life-long long term goal is homeostasis. It wants to be level and steady. The body's brain just knows that this is easiest to do at the heaviest "set point" we've been at, so it wants to get there and just maintain!!! That's why we have to fight hard in maintenance to tell it - NO, BODY, THIS IS YOUR HOMEOSTASIS POINT. Over and over again until it's understood...
  • unrulygurl
    unrulygurl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    First week of Keto for me. Looking for MFP friends to keep me honest and motivated, my diary is public. Today was the first day I had a sugar craving. I think it was stress related more than anything. I'm 45 years old and my body feels 20 years older.

11/5 266 lbs
    11/12
    11/19
    11/26
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    The body's life-long long term goal is homeostasis. It wants to be level and steady. The body's brain just knows that this is easiest to do at the heaviest "set point" we've been at, so it wants to get there and just maintain!!! That's why we have to fight hard in maintenance to tell it - NO, BODY, THIS IS YOUR HOMEOSTASIS POINT. Over and over again until it's understood...

Maintenance, that would be nice...........and my body did well last night saying eat and drink lots and I did! Still back on the straight and narrow (narrow?? ME??) o:)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    unrulygurl wrote: »
    First week of Keto for me. Looking for MFP friends to keep me honest and motivated, my diary is public. Today was the first day I had a sugar craving. I think it was stress related more than anything. I'm 45 years old and my body feels 20 years older.

11/5 266 lbs

Welcome to the group and good luck with avoiding those cravings, you can do it!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    unrulygurl wrote: »

11/5 266 lbs
    11/12
    11/19
    11/26

Welcome! I've been eating keto since Oct 1st. As of today, I've officially lost 20 pounds! I haven't craved sugar or starch since probably about 2 weeks in. So you'll get there! Best way is to avoid all those fat bombs and fake sugary type of foods at first. Eat simple low carb foods and your body will respond. And yes, stress will definitely trigger those cravings.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    I've been eating keto since Oct 1st. As of today, I've officially lost 20 pounds!

Excellent work!!
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Feeling really good today :sunglasses:

I don't think I will have much of a loss this week, but I'm okay with that. I usually peek on Saturday and whatever the scale says is a good indication of the direction things are headed. So far I'm only down .2 this week, so I don't expect any big movement on the scale between now and official weigh in. I'm not concerned, I've had a good run these past few weeks :lol: BUT, I feel really good in my body, and my clothes are fitting nice... and my sense of overall well being is up so... I'll take it :smile:

I am not going to have much of a loss this week either. Maybe a pound or two. I was a little discouraged at first. But I feel really good. All my clothes feel good. I can get ready to go out and about for my day without dreading finding clothes to squeeze into. It feels good and that's all that really matters. I still have note cheated so as long as I keep going the weight will come off. AND I finally did it... skipped my weekend drinks. It's feels better than it would have had I drank!
  • jeaninebyrom9707
    Options
    Hi all, I am joining late, better late than never!
    11/12 170.7

I am such an emotional eater, I have gained 33lbs in the past year going through my divorce. Enough is enough! Back on the keto wagon!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    Hi all, I am joining late, better late than never!
    11/12 170.7

I am such an emotional eater, I have gained 33lbs in the past year going through my divorce. Enough is enough! Back on the keto wagon!

Welcome! I know a lot about emotional eating! It's hard to overcome! When life gets us down, its hard not to reach for carb-laden food or drink. But we can overcome!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    10/29 211.8
    11/05 210.6
    11/12 207.8

I'll take it! I'm one of those crazy people who like to weigh every other day. On Thursday, I weighed 207. I ate pizza on Friday. Mainly just the toppings, but I know I had some crust too. It was so good! My bg shot up to 140 mg/dl Saturday morning and I weighed 208. I learned my lesson! At least it's going back down. And my bg was 111 mg/dl this morning. So its all good!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    Feeling really good today :sunglasses:

I don't think I will have much of a loss this week, but I'm okay with that. I usually peek on Saturday and whatever the scale says is a good indication of the direction things are headed. So far I'm only down .2 this week, so I don't expect any big movement on the scale between now and official weigh in. I'm not concerned, I've had a good run these past few weeks :lol: BUT, I feel really good in my body, and my clothes are fitting nice... and my sense of overall well being is up so... I'll take it :smile:

A loss is good no matter how much, right? I hope you have a good surprise when you weigh in. And sometimes, even though the scale doesn't move, those inches do!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    10/29 211.8
    11/05 210.6
    11/12 207.8

I'll take it! I'm one of those crazy people who like to weigh every other day. On Thursday, I weighed 207. I ate pizza on Friday. Mainly just the toppings, but I know I had some crust too. It was so good! My bg shot up to 140 mg/dl Saturday morning and I weighed 208. I learned my lesson! At least it's going back down. And my bg was 111 mg/dl this morning. So its all good!

Well done! I'm worse about weighing, I do night AND morning, every day!! That Onederland is getting closer! I'm about to post my weight now mmmmmm!! >:)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    10/29 170
    11/5 169.6
    11/11 171

I know I gained but 1.4lbs for two weeks away I'm going with it as being a success! We came home yesterday evening and I went back to the diet from Saturday morning as soon as I got up, so now on day two of the next loss phase I hope! o:)
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    10/29 211.8
    11/05 210.6
    11/12 207.8

Well done! I'm worse about weighing, I do night AND morning, every day!! That Onederland is getting closer! I'm about to post my weight now mmmmmm!! >:)

Yes, you ARE crazier than I am! LOL! And Onederland is getting so close I can TASTE it! :)
    10/29 170
    11/5 169.6
    11/11 171

I know I gained but 1.4lbs for two weeks away I'm going with it as being a success! We came home yesterday evening and I went back to the diet from Saturday morning as soon as I got up, so now on day two of the next loss phase I hope! o:)

You did great for being off your normal routine! Way to go!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
  • unrulygurl
    unrulygurl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Week one done and I had a good start. Now the hard part begins when the pound loss isn't as dramatic.

11/5 266 lbs
    11/12 259 lbs
    11/19
    11/26