November Challenge

Options

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Oh man, it really sucks, hey?? Reality check!!
    Good fuel for change. Look at us now, totally rockin it ♡

we are amazing and let no one, especially us, forget it!! (this applies to the whole group obvs!!) <3B)
  • mranlett
    mranlett Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    mranlett wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    mranlett wrote: »
    I'm in too! I need some help getting off this weight loss plateau I've been stuck on for months now... I've been bouncing up and down the same 4 pounds (between 181 and 178) since early August. :(

10/29 179.8

11/05 177.6

11/12 177.2 <-- lowest recording in YEARS!!! Maybe I broke through the plateau!?!!

11/19

11/26

Updated (and consolidated my conversation about my weight loss plateau)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @mranlett
    11/12 177.2 <-- lowest recording in YEARS!!! Maybe I broke through the plateau!?!!

Well done! Now within sight........176.9!!! B)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    HaideeJo13 wrote: »
    Feeling really good today :sunglasses:

I don't think I will have much of a loss this week, but I'm okay with that. I usually peek on Saturday and whatever the scale says is a good indication of the direction things are headed. So far I'm only down .2 this week, so I don't expect any big movement on the scale between now and official weigh in. I'm not concerned, I've had a good run these past few weeks :lol: BUT, I feel really good in my body, and my clothes are fitting nice... and my sense of overall well being is up so... I'll take it :smile:

I am not going to have much of a loss this week either. Maybe a pound or two. I was a little discouraged at first. But I feel really good. All my clothes feel good. I can get ready to go out and about for my day without dreading finding clothes to squeeze into. It feels good and that's all that really matters. I still have note cheated so as long as I keep going the weight will come off. AND I finally did it... skipped my weekend drinks. It's feels better than it would have had I drank!

@HaideeJo13 - Please please please remember that "maybe a pound or two" is considered the gold standard of success. For you to call it "not much of a loss" worries me quite a bit. Anywhere between half a pound to 2 pounds is considered to be consistent and excellent weight loss. Unless you're specifically medically monitored, losing more than 2 pounds per week is considered medically risky. Please make sure your expectations are realistic.

And kudos on skipping the drinks!!!
  • lucmatele
    lucmatele Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    10/29 159.7

11/05 158.9
    11/12 158.6
    11/19
    11/26
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! this is the first weekend I skipped drinking and it's the first entire week that i didn't even lose a pound :( I am trying not to be too crazy discouraged because i am down almost 20 lbs in 4 weeks but still.. an entire week and no loss... frustrating!!! Fingers crossed I get a couple pound weight loss this week. On the bright side my clothes fit amazing, so there has to be at least some inches lost in this last week.
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Feeling really good today :sunglasses:

I don't think I will have much of a loss this week, but I'm okay with that. I usually peek on Saturday and whatever the scale says is a good indication of the direction things are headed. So far I'm only down .2 this week, so I don't expect any big movement on the scale between now and official weigh in. I'm not concerned, I've had a good run these past few weeks :lol: BUT, I feel really good in my body, and my clothes are fitting nice... and my sense of overall well being is up so... I'll take it :smile:

I am not going to have much of a loss this week either. Maybe a pound or two. I was a little discouraged at first. But I feel really good. All my clothes feel good. I can get ready to go out and about for my day without dreading finding clothes to squeeze into. It feels good and that's all that really matters. I still have note cheated so as long as I keep going the weight will come off. AND I finally did it... skipped my weekend drinks. It's feels better than it would have had I drank!

@HaideeJo13 - Please please please remember that "maybe a pound or two" is considered the gold standard of success. For you to call it "not much of a loss" worries me quite a bit. Anywhere between half a pound to 2 pounds is considered to be consistent and excellent weight loss. Unless you're specifically medically monitored, losing more than 2 pounds per week is considered medically risky. Please make sure your expectations are realistic.

And kudos on skipping the drinks!!!

Yes I know. I am aware that I am not always going to have a huge weight loss every week. That is why I am trying my best not to be really discouraged and down. I know the weight loss takes time. I am still happy with the weight I have lost. It just sucks when you go from some really good weight loss in the first few weeks to nothing, but I know it's jist part of the process.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I've got a 3-day craft fair coming up soon (I make and sell beeswax candles) and I can already feel myself thinking about the local chocolate lady's salted caramels. They are SO good! It's my yearly tradition to buy a $20 box of salted caramel and munch it throughout the weekend! I literally look forward to it, as it is one of the main perks of going to the fair.

I can bring my own chocolate and will keep my will power, but geez. It's 10 days away and I'm dreaming of the stuff. I've been keto 5 months with no cheats, almost nothing tempts me. But this... is gonna be a challenge :frowning:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I would think that a single piece a day, right before or after the most strenuous part of the day, would be doable... Maybe freeze the rest to reduce temptation?
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    I've got a 3-day craft fair coming up soon (I make and sell beeswax candles) and I can already feel myself thinking about the local chocolate lady's salted caramels. They are SO good! It's my yearly tradition to buy a $20 box of salted caramel and munch it throughout the weekend! I literally look forward to it, as it is one of the main perks of going to the fair.

I can bring my own chocolate and will keep my will power, but geez. It's 10 days away and I'm dreaming of the stuff. I've been keto 5 months with no cheats, almost nothing tempts me. But this... is gonna be a challenge :frowning:

Go for counting a piece into your daily carbs etc, you quite often have a keto dark chocolate I know from your posts so you obviously manage to stick to a small amount, so I think if you just don't have the chocolate it's not a cheat, it's just incorporating this into your planned daily routine instead of chocolate! You can remain o:) like!!
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Better week, even with going out to dinner two separate nights and a couple glasses of wine!
    7.2 pounds to my first benchmark of 25 lost. Thanksgiving is not getting in the way!

My stats:
    11/01- 222.4
    11/06- 223.8
    11/13- 220
    11/20
    11/27
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Better week, even with going out to dinner two separate nights and a couple glasses of wine!
    7.2 pounds to my first benchmark of 25 lost. Thanksgiving is not getting in the way!

My stats:
    11/01- 222.4
    11/06- 223.8
    11/13- 220
    11/20
    11/27

Awesome! You're doing great! I still haven't had any wine. I like mine more sweeter, but I might try a dry Cab on Thanksgiving.
  • unrulygurl
    unrulygurl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @River_Goddess after 5 months it probably won't taste as good as you remember. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Lol You just described my favorite treat.

Sidenote, i have discovered asparagus sauteed in butter is decadently delicious
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    We'll see. Right now I'm skeptical that having any at all is a good idea, but may feel perfectly strong willed when the time comes, and capable of eating just one. I'll have to judge where I'm at at the time.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options

My stats:
    11/01- 222.4
    11/06- 223.8
    11/13- 220
    11/20
    11/27

Well done indeed!! 25 lost is on it's way! :D
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    Started 10/17 at 184lbs
    10/31- 172lbs
    11/7- 169lbs
    11/14 169lbs
    11/21
    11/28
    Goal 11/28- 162lbs
    Skipped my Saturday drinks... and did not lose a pound. Hopefully this week i at least get a budge on the scale!

• chinatowninchina
    Options
    Started 10/17 at 184lbs
    10/31- 172lbs
    11/7- 169lbs
    11/14 169lbs
    11/21
    11/28
    Goal 11/28- 162lbs
    Skipped my Saturday drinks... and did not lose a pound. Hopefully this week i at least get a budge on the scale!

Still not a gain so, in my book: Well Done AND you've lost 15lbs!! :)
  • senseandsensibility
    Options
    I had a four-day weekend, so I actually weighed on Monday when I returned into town. Alas, the travel didn't do great things for my weight loss, but at least I lost.

10/31 - 450.6 lbs.
    11/5 - 442.8 lbs.
    11/13 - 440.1 lbs.
    11/19
    11/26
  • HaideeJo13
    Options
    Started 10/17 at 184lbs
    10/31- 172lbs
    11/7- 169lbs
    11/14 169lbs
    11/21
    11/28
    Goal 11/28- 162lbs

Still not a gain so, in my book: Well Done AND you've lost 15lbs!! :)

Thank you!!! Yes I agree. It sucks when the scale quite moving. BUT knowing that the clothes are still fitting better makes it worth it! I bought a pair of size 11 jeans sunday... wore them to work and they were falling down. That's a win in my book lol
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I had a four-day weekend, so I actually weighed on Monday when I returned into town. Alas, the travel didn't do great things for my weight loss, but at least I lost.

10/31 - 450.6 lbs.
    11/5 - 442.8 lbs.
    11/13 - 440.1 lbs.
    11/19
    11/26

Ummm...you've lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks!! That's AWESOME!!! WTG! Keep up the fantastic work!

I agree, it's hard to keep on a diet when you're traveling. It's possible but definitely takes more work and planning! And sometimes for no explainable reason, our bodies hold onto every ounce when we're doing something different like traveling. Your next weigh-in might be even bigger! Crossing fingers! If not, you did still lose almost 3 pounds in one week! So, whooot!