Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @Samquentin , you look AMAZING! Congratulations!
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    wlsami wrote: »
    This past weekend I fit into Victoria's Secret panties and bras!!!

One day, after I get a breast reduction, I'll be able to wear VS bras!! You'd think with weight loss, I'd lose breast mass also... yeah, not so much!! (Newest bra purchased-34i... yep, I have to go to a specialty shop still).--maybe TMI?
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Samquentin wrote: »
    wlsami wrote: »
    This past weekend I fit into Victoria's Secret panties and bras!!!

One day, after I get a breast reduction, I'll be able to wear VS bras!! You'd think with weight loss, I'd lose breast mass also... yeah, not so much!! (Newest bra purchased-34i... yep, I have to go to a specialty shop still).--maybe TMI?

It all depends on the composition of your breast tissue. Mine are a shadow of their former selves--48 double D to 32 double nothing. Although having no breasts makes many things easier, I do sometimes miss my abundant rack!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I've been running more in 2018 in anticipation of upcoming races. Many of my friends/co-workers have seen me around the county getting a few miles in. I work for San Luis Obispo county bus so they're all drivin around anyway, lol. But its nice to hear honks and for them to tell me they "saw me running". I've become known as the running bus driver. B):)
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see more Non Scale Victories celebrated. I see lots of posts regarding weight. Regain, pre-op diet, juice cleanses, Keto, life events, etc etc. And I realize we're all reading this because we had or are about to have WEIGHT Loss Surgery. Weight is an important measurement for so many reasons. But there are also many other ways to measure health. Recently on a podcast I heard Health described as "the ability to pursue your dreams". That sounded pretty good to me! Let's CELEBRATE ALL OUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS in out journey of a healthier and happier life.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I joined a cycling class. I would have never attempted that prior to losing weight. The class was great, physically demanding, and made me feel so energized. This month I've challenged myself to step out of my comfort zone and try different classes offered at the gym.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Samquentin wrote: »
    I went to see my surgeon yesterday... gallstones :( I'm 1 in 9! booooo.... anywhoo... the nurses that did the BP, questions, etc, were talking outside the room, and were like, "how does she have gallstones?!? She's so TINY!"
    Why yes! that makes me feel good!
    And my surgeon bragged on my weight loss to the nurse who stepped in for the abdominal exam, "This is one of my bariatric patients! she's lost 160 pounds!!" He told me how proud he is... surgeon was just beaming! and I said something about my BMI still being 'overweight', he was like, your BMI is 26! Mine is 37...

Overall, great appointment, and hearing the nurses I've never met before be confused by my gallstones.... (rapid weight loss can cause stones, BTW.)

SO many good NSVs yesterday.

Congrats!!! Just a question if you don't mind, my doctor requires you to be on medication to ensure you don't get gallstones. Where you on something like this? Just wondering if this is something for newbees to consider.....
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Wait, what? I should be concerned about gallstones??? More details, please; what causes them, what meds can counter them? I'm five years and 160+ pounds post-RNY, and this is the first I've heard of gallstones...
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Gallstones.... @DawnCumm @MoyMG

I didnt know where was a med to prevent gallstone formation. I would have been on that! *looked it up: Ursodiol is controversial as to if it truelove works or not to prevent gallstones from forming--once you get off the med, it may form/may not. Especially since our diets post-op are VERY low calorie (under 800) and we lose weight very rapidly.

As for if you should be worried about gallstones... Surgeon said 1 in 9 post-ops develop gallstones. I would have never worried about gallstones. (But, I knew it was a possibility.) I just wish he would have been able to remove it at the same time as the first surgery (RNY), proactively!

MoyMG: Since you are already 5 years and down 160+, I'm guessing you are in the 8/9--the ones that don't get them. LUCKY!! :wink:
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my doctor requires you to take Ursodiol for the first five months. I thought about not taking them but had a friend that went in for emergency surgery due to gallstones, figured I better so what they say.... Although my weight loss has been more slow than most.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    James, send us a link to the article in the newspaper. Congratulations on your continued success.