Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

4031isaiah
4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
edited January 2022 in Social Groups
Hey friends! I started the daily check-in thread back in 2015 to have a place to come to regularly to give and receive daily support while I muddled my way through the transition to the keto WOE.

In 2017 a new thread was started because the original had gotten so long. I figured with 2017 coming to an end, now seemed like a good time to start gearing up for 2018.

Feel free to jump in anytime to share what your plans are and how you are doing on your keto journey for 2018!

Replies

• RoxaneMW
    RoxaneMW Posts: 3 Member
    Hi I have been doing metro since Aug. 2007.
    Lost 15 lbs, but got the flu and cold in distress try to keep keto. Back on track today with lovely flush I hate those. So nice to find you here I am not alone.
    Roxane
  • 4031isaiah
    I tried to restart yesterday but it was like a bad weight watchers commercial. Remember the one from 10-15 years ago? They have commercials about people who start their day with good intentions and end with a crash and burn. They called it th “grapefruit for breakfast, Rocky Road for dinner” diet. I didn’t actually have a grapefruit or Rocky Road ice cream yesterday but I started off hardcore keto style and ended with a giant bag of skittles and gum balls!

Today is a new day!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    @elize7 I have only seen purple once and that was the day after my marathon. I never achieve more than a light pink. My husband NEVER tests positive for ketones using a urine dip but he will with a blood prick. So each person is different. I would love to have the instant input of purple!
  • 4031isaiah
    elize7 wrote: »
    Another day of no loss. Bummed, but I know I'm 100% on target food wise. Just need to stick it out.
    Might check in with ketostix for a mental boost. It's been awhile since I did that and I'll use any trick I can think of right now to keep me focused. I do luv that purple when I see it, and even pink will make me very happy!
    Feeling lucky!

Good call. I have ketostix but haven’t used them in months. I think I’ll pull mine out by the end of the week. That gives me time to tighten things up a bit more for a good result.
  • jamndyl
    jamndyl Posts: 37 Member

I used to think I had a “sugar addiction” until I cut sugar/carbs out of my life. Your body craves what you give it. If you can get past the first week or so, you should start to notice that the call for sugar fades. [/quote]

I hope that is the case, I am ready to feel back in control.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Stick with it, give it time jamndyl. I'm a sugar freak myself...it takes me about two weeks to really feel the keto plan rolling along...and then I really don't crave sugar much at all, and it becomes easier to say no when unexpected temptation occurs. It's the only way of life that works for me or else very low carb...but even that has been a slippery slope for me at times.
  • jamndyl
    jamndyl Posts: 37 Member
    edited December 2017
    Made it through Day 1, Day 2 is pretty much in the bag because I feel like crap. OMG. Woke up with terrible stomach cramps and well um...TMI : I’m in the bathroom every 30 minutes. I suspect it was from the artificial sweetener in the Mio water enhancer. It was my first time trying it yesterday mixed with some lite salt for “ketorade”. I didn’t eat anything else new and unfortunately, it wasn’t my first “Day one” so I don’t know. KCKO I guess. It’s looking like a fasting day since I have no desire for food. Hope everyone else is have a better day.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    That sounds like the best evaluation there, @tcunbeliever! Good luck on your next goal.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    So far another solid keto day. Missing the alcohol, though. Still holding off til Friday on that. Am kind of liking having a break from liquor, but had also hoped for a weightloss boost that hasn't happened.

No weight loss at all for a few days now. My calories may still be a tad high for that, but they are already low; so, I'm just working hard on cutting back slowly to avoid sudden binge urges, and sticking with very basic, simple keto food.
    Two more days til I see my son. Suddenly, I feel a little more excited about the season. Might even try on some party outfits tonite.
    Keto on, pals!!
This discussion has been closed.