Check In

Options

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Yeah I mean it could have been a lot worse but it definitely still sucks and since the lady who hit Andrew changed her story, the cost fell on us (rental + deductible) until the insurance battle it out so we've already had a pretty significant financial hit so this was just another thing that we didn't really need right now. Hopefully your husband gets his car back soon! I think that just makes it worse, being in an accident is scary and sucks on it's own but then when you have to be without your car, it just makes an already crappy situation crappier.

@RhiannonBecks Love the design on the dishes! Awesome job motivating yourself to go to the gym!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 if the cartoony tree dishes are the ones I’m thinking of, I’ve always wanted those, haha. I guess we have different tastes.

@RhiannonBecks that sounds like a great experience at Planet Fitness and way to get there early!!! Those are pretty dishes! I may talk myself into some Christmas dishes when we start storing things in the new shed...

@WifiresGettingFit so sorry your neighbor hit your car! People make excuses for everything! Glad they exchanged info but what a hassle that you didn’t need!

Our company is showing up today. Kris’s party last night only ended up being 5 people, including us, so I went way overboard on the baking. It’s good we had some snacks though because Kris made a turkey that wasn’t ready until like 9pm. Our puppy is getting spayed tomorrow. I’m wondering if she’ll be less crazy afterward. I know I would be if it weren’t for hormones
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    So I have NFI how to size, but I logged into a computer, and into my google pics just to share these with you. Obligitory none of these pics are from this year...just the last one :) I dont look this put together this year, and the dining room table is covered in presents and wrapping paper at the moment!

These are my dishes, Rhiannon you can see my Lenox platter that matches yours here! Amanda, the tree ones are here too! 8o4amxsa6tu9.png

Here are my snowman dishes
    pw11vgvo2qon.png
    Pointesttia dishes: k34jsyzapuqg.png

My favorite picture of my dog EVAR! v2w6dv7j8h50.png

This year looking at the tree <3 So frigging cute!
    8abgtcl95dds.png
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Forgot to add...does anyone else have google albums just of their Christmas decorations? Just me?
    Also, Amanda good luck with your company and getting the doggo spayed. Try and relax a bit and have a great time with your friends/family :) Glad you have lots of tasty leftover bakes to nom on!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    That pic of your dog! Be still my heart! I love all the dishes but yeah the tree ones are the ones I was thinking I wanted some day, haha. Don't judge me for having bad taste!

Yall my friend who's visiting with her 10-month-old reminded me that you can only do exercises when you're pregnant that you did before you're pregnant! So that was enough to motivate my lazy butt for at least the rest of the month. I went for a walk at lunch to ease back into it but maybe tomorrow I'll swim or jog. I'd hate to have to lie still (if I feel well enough to move) and stuff my face during pregnancy since that's pretty much been my MO lately! Of course this comes with the optimism that another LH surge is on its way and I may ovulate someday.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I love your Christmas pictures! Especially your pooch.

@WifiresGettingFit I'm so sorry to hear about your car now getting hit. That is so much unnecessary stress all at once! I hope things start improving for you both and you can have a relaxing and enjoyable remainder of the year.

@pezhed I'm glad the party went well. A clarification on exercise while pregnant - it's not that you can't start anything new but that you shouldn't push yourself harder than you did before pregnancy in order to avoid overexertion and injury. The way my doctor put it is - you can keep running and but don't start training for a marathon. A lot of women start light exercise and yoga while pregnant when they didn't do it before.

In regards to pregnancy and fitness, the one thing I cannot express enough is to work on having a strong core and back before getting pregnancy. Pregnancy really messes with that area badly between the separating muscles, increased weight, shifted center of gravity, etc. But the other thing I hadn't thought about is that as your belly gets larger, you have to lean over so much farther to do things (wash dishes, cook/meal prep, carry the laundry basket, etc.) which puts a lot of added stress on your back. By the end of pregnancy, I deeply despised washing dishes and cooking because it just hurt my back so badly.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Loved all the dishes! and that picture of your puppy is adorable! The tree is beautiful!

@puffbrat Thank you for the well wishes! =) and the pregnancy tip!

• RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 -eek I LOVE your hutch and how it displays everything; I do see that platter peeking out. love the holiday spirit you have + the doggo pic just makes everything better!

@puffbrat - thanks for the pregnancy tips, this is partially why I decided as well (one of many reasons) to start going back to the gym and starting weights NOW, I have been talking a lot of talk, but actually doing it was different. I'd love to be pregnant now, but in the mean time, I am going to take advantage of not having that BFP and work hard on my core & back (among many other areas).

@pezhed -I just said to my husband that apparently my hobby as of late is challenging myself to see how full and uncomfortable I can get and then feeling guilty, lol - ok, so maybe it isn't funny but that is just how I had been feeling, see you say sitting around & stuffing your face was your MO just made me giggle and think "same sista".

I have my 2nd session today @ PF- I am soreeeeeee, but actually looking forward to it. I was laying in bed and thought - I never even knew these muscle could hurt, ha!

Have a great day ladies, if it is snowing where you are, safe travels today!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just found this group and wanted to say hi. We aren't TTC yet but we are going to start in January after the holidays are all wrapped up. Happy to be here!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @aubyshortcake Hi! and Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you! =)
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    Welcome, @aubyshortcake , dive right in and don't be afraid to post. I have been welcomed with loving, supporting voices, and I am sure you will too!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Welcome aubrey! Tell us about yourself!
  • RhiannonBecks
    Options
    Hi friends, how was your weekend? Is everyone ready for Christmas; just a week away! So crazy. I had a wonderful weekend filled with lots of Christmas activities- it was nice to keep my mind off of AF for the weekend. I am CD4 today and 5 days away from Fertile week, starting on 12/23/17 - what a Christmas Present to us, lol.

Husband and I were talking about how maybe we should actually BD more than we are now - of course he was on board, said " If we have to everyday, I guess that is just what we will have to do". HAHA. Ok buddy, calm down now. He is right though, often times life gets in the way, we are both tired, or ate too much, or insert reason. With us coming up on Cycle 7, maybe we need to consider that too, I suppose the more we do, the more opportunity.

I am glad that I started back at the gym, I'm super Type A personality, and having control is my jam; TTC clearly can not be controlled, so taking back my health in more ways than one has given me something else to focus on; or at least something to distract me from the everyday "will we ever get pregnant" thoughts.

So anyway, that is my check in- how is everyone else doing?!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks We had a birthday party to go to on Saturday, neither Andrew or myself have been feeling well so I was glad that my Dad didn't want to stay too long (we all carpooled in my husband's car) so we were probably only there for about 30-45 minutes. Just long enough to see my aunt, say hello to people, eat, sing happy birthday and say goodbye. I got to see my sister and the kids earlier that day as well along with shopping with my Dad for my Mom. It's our tradition; however, this shopping trip was not successful so not sure what we are going to get her. Anyway, it turned out to be a good family day. Sunday, we were suppose to meet up with some of my husband's family but we ended up rescheduling and instead got a few things done around the house. Our bedroom has the sliding glass doors that lead out to the balcony which also let's in a lot of cold air so we put plastic over that, did some vacuuming and other cleaning task and a bit of organizing to go along with it so it turned out to be a pretty productive day. All in all it was a pretty good weekend!

I'm glad you're enjoying your time at the gym and I think it's great that it's giving you something else to focus on. Baby dust sent your way.

Now for my official check in: I got back from the collision center about an hour ago and well cars are freakin' expensive. Needless to say, if the insurance for whatever reason decides to not cover it, my car will just have some extra character on the rear bumper for a while. I don't think there will be any reason for them to contest it since my car was parked and I wasn't anywhere near it but you never know. I'm hoping it goes as smoothly as possible but we'll see.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    @RhiannonBecks I'm glad you had a great weekend of Christmas activities. That can be so fun. Your husband's response is hilarious! Just gotta enjoy it as much as possible ;)

@WifiresGettingFit I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you and Andrew both feel better quickly! I would hope and expect that insurance will cover the damage but at least it doesn't sound like there is damage to anything critical to the car's function. Fingers crossed!

Leo and I had fun Christmas shopping on Saturday. We bought gifts for a gift exchange on Christmas Eve (we are providing all the gifts for 2 people) and got our tree. I also got a lovely massage. Unfortunately Saturday night the baby wasn't feeling well. He was screaming and majorly threw up. Then all day Sunday he was really fussy and cranky and threw up again. As of last night he thankfully seems to be feeling better - smiling, wiggling, babbling and less fussy. The tree is up but not decorated and the house is not at all clean. My in-laws are coming Saturday night from out of state and my whole extended family from my mom's side will be at the house Christmas Eve - the 20 people. Because of the baby and lack of sleep, I'm at a point where I'm excited for Christmas and all the festivities but really couldn't care less if everything that needs to be done happens. I'll clean as I feel like. I should probably wrap gifts on my day off on Thursday. All else fails, I make my in-laws decorate the tree Christmas Eve day.

On a positive note, I have lost 5lbs in the last several weeks even though there have been delicious holiday treats at work and home. Hopefully I can maintain through the holiday and then keep losing.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @puffbrat Thank you for the well wishes! =) Glad your little guy is feeling better! Awesome job on the weight loss! and I think that's a good attitude to have around this time of year, it'll get done when it gets done! haha =P
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Just got the call that the insurance has approved the repairs for my car. I'll go in the shop on January 3rd.

• RhiannonBecks
    Options
    Just got the call that the insurance has approved the repairs for my car. I'll go in the shop on January 3rd.

Oh yay! I was going to write earlier telling you I was sending you good vibes! So happy for you; hopefully this will relieve a bit of stress for you, especially as Christmas Approaches swiftly!

• Kirstie155
    Options
    CD1 of cycle 11...on my anniversary. And Chris had to go to court today to fight his reckless ticket he got in the car accident. Ughhhh. Ticket was dropped, it was the other guys fault, but we still don't have the car back-its been 5 or 6 weeks. :/

I'm ready for Christmas, the presents are all bought an wrapped. Glad you are enjoying the holidays everyone, try not to get too stressed out!

Everyone has been so busy!! Rhiannon, great job going to the gym! Ive gained a few pounds but it's the holidays, so I'm not going to let it bother me too much. Kayla I'm glad the insurance company approved tour reapirs, what a relief! Jessica, that is a ton of people to have at the house for baby's first Christmas, and plus he's sick! I hope he feels better soon and you enjoy having a full house!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Oh, I see we got a new reaction! We can hug now!! Whoever hugged me, hugs back!!! =)

@RhiannonBecks I appreciate the good vibes! =) It definitely helped relieve some stress, I haven't had much faith in insurance companies lately just with what my husband went through and I was honestly expecting/preparing for some type of fight. I'm glad that wasn't the case. It's hard to believe that Christmas is only 6 days away!

@Kirstie155 I'm glad that at least the ticket was dropped but it sounds like it's been a rough day all around for you. HUGS. I hope tomorrow is better and sending positive vibes your way! About the car: Are they waiting for parts or the insurance? What all had to be done? Did they give an idea of when you can expect it to be done/to get it back? Do you guys have a rental or are you sharing a vehicle now? Sorry for the 20 questions and if you already answered these somewhere and I'm sorry it's taking so long to get the car back, that beyond sucks. HUGS (I also hit the button because HUGS! haha)