TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Options

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Glad to recommit in January. December start great and got some hiccups. @craigo3154 Question: can I change my weigh day to Thursday? it was Wednesday.

@Gwenfromnyc. Done.
  • PlummerBecky
    PlummerBecky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Username: Plummer Becky
    Weigh in week: January Week 1 January 1st Happy New Year
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 186.5
    Todays Weight: 184.8

I didn't see the folder up for week 1 results yet but I wanted to post this before I forgot this morning.
    Hope everyone had a great New Years Eve . I know we can do this... One day at a time
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Username: thedestar
    Weigh in week: Jan Week 1
    Weigh in day: Mon
    Previous Week's weight:
    Todays Weight: 168

This is my first challenge with this group so I hope I'm doing it right!!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Username: GardenMama129
    Weigh in week: January Week 1
    Previous Week's weight: 166.5
    Todays Weight: 167.5

Sorry for the 1 pound gain. It was all about yesterday. Next week will be going back in the correct direction. :o
  • hooliemay
    hooliemay Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    katevt78 wrote: »
    Username: Katevt78
    Previous Week's weight: 213.8
    Todays Weight: 209.2

Bam! No more Christmas cookies for you I see ☺️. Well done!
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    hooliemay wrote: »
    katevt78 wrote: »
    Username: Katevt78
    Previous Week's weight: 213.8
    Todays Weight: 209.2

Bam! No more Christmas cookies for you I see ☺️. Well done!

Thanks! I tried very hard this week to stay on track!!
  • PlummerBecky
    PlummerBecky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Username: GardenMama129

Sorry for the 1 pound gain. It was all about yesterday. Next week will be going back in the correct direction. :o

We will all have our days that we go the wrong direction.. it is just a matter of continuing on and turn the corner

• wewillbskinny
    wewillbskinny Posts: 125 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @HASWLRS, @Bluetail6, @clynnwoodard, @Coheednkimbria. @enyagoboom, @Gwenfromnyc, @hooliemay, @karynclarke, @mari_moulin, @motheroftwins95, @my3boys424, @Nicoletime4me, @Nola818, @SAHNinja, @ShelleyMJ46, @GardenMama129, @PlummerBecky, @NerineLuna, @bizgirl26,
    @rjones76, @baplumb, @FitLifeCrossroads, @thedestar, @jenniferrenie, @ladyj22, @holly2e, @katevt78, @BigBigBertha, @lawerette, @MelsLeanDream

THE BIG BUTT THEORY Mini-challenge

Returning members just continue doing what you have been doing. You are doing great!  All of you who took time off for the Holidays,  it's time to start back now.  :)

About the mini-challenge:

First and foremost is that participation in this trial is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this or not.

The mini-challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories on MFP. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. Do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch) 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass). Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

At the end of the week, those who have managed to keep to the plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized on our page as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

This format is great as: No dietary restrictions. (fine for vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, paleo, carnivore, etc...)Works with whatever diet plan you may want to follow. (keto, 5:2, 16:8, atkins, etc..). You set your own daily budget (MFP helps with this). You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run). It is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar.  Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as it restarts  each Sunday).

The mini-challenge works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work.

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime. 

So if you want to participate just post here daily (Tracking yes /no; Calories yes/no, and Exercise yes/no with short description of exercise).

The mini-challenge starts for January starts tomorrow (Tuesday).   The first week will be 4 out of 5 days to make the winners circle.

I hope a lot of you choose to participate.
  • baplumb
    baplumb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/dispatch/mobile/user/wewillbskinny/profile/wewillbskinny. Since my weigh in day is Sunday when is my first weigh in?
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

Very excited to be back on MFP. I started with a BL group back in 2012 and went on to host two cycles of BL-Brides leading up to my 2013 wedding. I went from 212 to 158. I felt amazing.

Fast forward to January 2018, I’ve had two babies (and two c-sections), gaining back every pound I fought to lose.

Although we are hoping to get pregnant with out third soon, I’m tired of postponing my own fitness and health. I’m not sure how much I’ll lose (if anything, if I get pregnant soon), but I know I do best when I have accountability to a group.

Thanks for including me :)
  • wewillbskinny
    edited January 2018
    Options
    baplumb wrote: »
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/dispatch/mobile/user/wewillbskinny/profile/wewillbskinny. Since my weigh in day is Sunday when is my first weigh in?

@baplumb We started the challenge for January this past Sunday (12/31). The first weighins started on Sunday. So please post your weight as of last Sunday 12/31.

If you didn't weigh-in on Sunday, please weigh-in today and post that weight for this week.
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    Happy New Year, y'all!!!

Weigh-in January Week 1

Last week: 199.7 lbs
    This week: 194.8 lbs!!

Looks like a lot of the water weight that I put on over the last two weeks has come off!

@karynclarke Wow what a way to start the New Year! Great job!
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    lawyerette wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

Very excited to be back on MFP. I started with a BL group back in 2012 and went on to host two cycles of BL-Brides leading up to my 2013 wedding. I went from 212 to 158. I felt amazing.

Fast forward to January 2018, I’ve had two babies (and two c-sections), gaining back every pound I fought to lose.

Although we are hoping to get pregnant with out third soon, I’m tired of postponing my own fitness and health. I’m not sure how much I’ll lose (if anything, if I get pregnant soon), but I know I do best when I have accountability to a group.

Thanks for including me :)

@lawyerette Welcome to our group. :) You are right, no need to postpone your fitness and health. And although it is a bit trickier to manage with two little ones, you have made the first step by acknowledging the desire to start to focus on yourself and your health. 2018 is going to be your year!
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Username: thedestar
    Weigh in week: Jan Week 1
    Weigh in day: Mon
    Previous Week's weight:
    Todays Weight: 168

This is my first challenge with this group so I hope I'm doing it right!!

@thedestar You are doing it exactly right. Just continue to weigh in here each Monday.

Congratulations on your new baby. They are so much fun. :)
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    Hey everyone! I feel 100% confident that this is my year to finally reach my goals! I'm looking to start thus year off strong. We got this!

@FitLifeCrossroads Great attitude to start the New Year! Welcome to TBBT. :)

Please remember to post your weigh-in for yesterday here on this page. The start of each month is a bit tricky, but we actually started posting weights on Sunday. The weight you gave at registration is your starting weight. So your first weighin started yesterday 1/1 on the New Year.
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    SAHNinja wrote: »
    I'm so glad to have found this group. Especially in the midst of holidays surrounded by the wrong types of food. I did end up gaining i believe, but it would have definitely been more if I hadnt been here

@SAHNinja You actually did great in December. You only gained .4 lb. Not even half a pound during the toughest month of the year. Woo Hoo!!!

Now lets rock 2018! Please remember to post your weigh-in for Monday 1/1. That will be your weigh-in for the 1st week of January.
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    NerineLuna wrote: »
    Trying to do the whole weight loss thing on my own didn't get me very far, so here's hoping it will work better with a group structure like this. Thanks for having me! :)

@NerineLuna. It definitely helps to be part of a team who are all committed to the same goal! Check out the mini-challenge as well. That also helps to keep you focused and accountable. Welcome to our group. :)
This discussion has been closed.