• danzibob2016
    danzibob2016 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Username: Danzibob2016
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 174.2
    Current Weight: 176

Have over indulged way too much over the Christmas period, so need to get refocused again!

1. From tomorrow, I am back on no added sugar as this was the healthiest balanced diet for me which also cut out my migraines! (You would be surprised about what foods have sugar/sweeteners added!) Not looking forward to the withdrawal headaches, but after a few days I know it will pass.

2. Exercise has not been possible for the past few months after my knee injury, but I am now much more mobile and I start physio exercise classes this week...so hoping to gradually be able to up the intensity and get back to netball in the next couple of months!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Username: Danzibob2016
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 174.2
    Current Weight: 176

Have over indulged way too much over the Christmas period, so need to get refocused again!

1. From tomorrow, I am back on no added sugar as this was the healthiest balanced diet for me which also cut out my migraines! (You would be surprised about what foods have sugar/sweeteners added!) Not looking forward to the withdrawal headaches, but after a few days I know it will pass.

2. Exercise has not been possible for the past few months after my knee injury, but I am now much more mobile and I start physio exercise classes this week...so hoping to gradually be able to up the intensity and get back to netball in the next couple of months!

I have faith YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post

So I cooked for my friemds today made baked mac and cheese, black eye peas, green beans and homemade corn bread and store brought fried chicken with last bottle of Wine! A wonderful way to start of the New Year fellowship with friends.

Exercise: 45 minutes of cookimg yes it counts
    Track yes
    Water yes 112oz
    Calories still under 1000 (loving this new regimen)
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    @sarahann104 It's extremely important to have a routine and set aside time to take action to reach your goals, glad to see you taking action!! I think I might take a look at that book myself. Thanks for sharing.

@gemwolf110 That's a great resolution!! I have the same goal for myself!!

@danzibob2016 You will get back in to the swing of things. Setbacks happen, but it's what you do next that matters!! You got this!

@gjaholy33 That sounds like a great day, glad you got to spend day with loved ones!!
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone, I literally just joined MyFitnessPal about three hours ago. I am learning the app and decided to join a challenge right away. I am a 44 year old mom of two very busy teenage boys, a wife to a very supportive husband, and a teacher to about 120 middle school kids!! I love my life, but have recently been trying to take better care of myself. After a pretty serious health scare last year and major surgery, I started to go to aquafit (which Is love!!). This app seems to have the accountability and support that I need! So glad to be here!!

Username JJKM02
    Current weight 333lbs
    Weigh in day Friday
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My resolutions for 2018 are to be more cognizant and accountable in my food choices. I think this app will be a great resource!
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I'm running a little late - just got back from visiting family and am ready to get back to the non-holiday schedule. Today was all about the airport, so not a great start! I am focused on getting back to my regular 3x week weight training and then I want to add in some more movement oriented exercise.

Username: Calli1616
    CW: 200.4
    Weigh-in day: Monday
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    Cw 228.8
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no ( twisted ankle)
    Weigh day Monday
  • AB0215
    Options
    @JJKM02 Welcome to MFP and Welcome to the Slimsons!! I think you will find that spending a little time entering things into MFP and spending a little time here will really help you reach your overall goals!!

@Calli1616 Welcome to the team!! Hope you get settled back into your routine super fast!!

@IanMoone30 Great start to the month!! Keep it up!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Goals: A little R&R before I head back to the dr, this week I will find out how my hip is doing and if I'm finally allowed back to lower body exercises.
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No
    Water Intake: 2 ltrs
  • PaganUK
    PaganUK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    user name:PaganUK
    January Week 1
    PW 155.4
    CW 155
  • Fyreside
    Fyreside Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hi all, new members and old. I had been planning to have Jan as a maintainace month. But after taking the last week and a bit off, I feel reinvigorated towards hitting my goals. My original plan of hitting 220 by March is not looking realistic anymore... So my new goal is to his onederland by the middle of the year or earlier.

Funny thing.. I had no idea December had a week 5 lol.. So after week 4 I just went on holiday from the challenge. If it weren't for a message from @AB0215 I probably wouldn't have been back till Feb.

So yeah, I'm in for Jan, determined to get past the 123Kg plateau I've been stuck on for some weeks. And I hope everyone has a great year. I will be in a remote outback area much of the time, so I don't expect I will be able to daily post very often. But I'll keep logging and stay in touch whenever I can.

Daily Post:(Monday) I hate summer heat. Seriously, I just need to find a way to move to the snow for half the year.
    Exercise: Yes

• AB0215
    Options
    Fyreside wrote: »
    Hi all, new members and old. I had been planning to have Jan as a maintainace month. But after taking the last week and a bit off, I feel reinvigorated towards hitting my goals. My original plan of hitting 220 by March is not looking realistic anymore... So my new goal is to his onederland by the middle of the year or earlier.

Funny thing.. I had no idea December had a week 5 lol.. So after week 4 I just went on holiday from the challenge. If it weren't for a message from @AB0215 I probably wouldn't have been back till Feb.

So yeah, I'm in for Jan, determined to get past the 123Kg plateau I've been stuck on for some weeks. And I hope everyone has a great year. I will be in a remote outback area much of the time, so I don't expect I will be able to daily post very often. But I'll keep logging and stay in touch whenever I can.

Daily Post:(Monday) I hate summer heat. Seriously, I just need to find a way to move to the snow for half the year.
    Exercise: Yes

So funny thing....January also has 5 weeks... ;)

Glad you feel reinvigorated and glad to see you're back!! The thing that's good for plateaus is change, and it can be simple, different food, different exercise--maybe try a different workout? That usually helps me. Good luck, I know you can get past it, but it is super frustrating!!
  • heatherbombard
    heatherbombard Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Slimsons! I'm excited to join for this month. I do have some questions (@craigo3154), so hopefully y'all can help me with those too!

My goal for January is 10 pounds. I don't want to be unrealistic, considering I'm a 42 year old female, and losing weight may be difficult. But my weight today was 202.4 pounds. I think that going back to exercising and tracking my food will make a huge difference.

Can someone walk me through how this works? I heard there were spreadsheets, etc. - but searching through all these messages in the thread isn't getting me an answer.

My motivation is to go back to obstacle course racing and start running again. I think I can do it this time and you guys will be here to help me! I want to be fit in my 40s - not fat. I don't know where I lost the determination, but I have it back, big time.

Also, I want to do everything I can to make a last-ditch effort at fertility treatment. Losing weight is the only way to do that.

Thanks all! I appreciate the help.

• saladhead123
    saladhead123 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Leanne, have been a long time user of MFP, and have seen some serious goals met along the way. I'm back, and ready to commit until goals are met again! (Welcome to life, right?!?)
    I am a homeschool mom with 3 kids, a bad back, and a trip to Hawaii coming in 35 days
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Username: mjohemme
    Weigh in week: January Week 1
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 280
    Weight: 279.25

Daily Post (Tuesday)
    Starting the New Year with The Super Shred Diet (recommended by my doctor) for 4 weeks to kickstart my weight loss. Hit me up if you also do this one and we can compare notes. :)

Monday (I do these in the morning, so my info is for yesterday)
    Track: No
    Calories: No
    Exercise: No
  • gjaholy33
    edited January 2018
    Options
    3syvsmpcgf4w.jpg
    HAPPY TUESDAY TEAM SLIMSONS!
    HOPE YOU GUYS ARE INSPIRED BY HIS GRACE!

PRAISE'M PRAISE'M
    Still don't have my voice back but I still went to AQUATHERAPY TODAY!
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    PRAISE'M PRAISE'M

Still don't have my voice back but I still went to AQUATHERAPY TODAY! Did 45 minutes of water aerobics calisthenics includinf 10 minutes of walking on the under water treadmill I even increase my speed it's nothing to write home about but I'm proud of PROGRESS!

HAVE A GREAT DAY TEAM SLIMSONS! -GLORIOUS GLORIA
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Lisa. I had done a Biggest Loser challenge group before, but this one looks different. Is this only for the month of January and not the longer challenge? I'm just feeling a little lost. Anyways, I I entered my starting weight when I signed up. It is my understanding that this challenge officially starts on the 2nd? So when is our weigh in day? I normally weigh in Mondays. My goal for January is to lose 8 lbs. My starting weight when I signed up was 170.6 (I think) I was 171 today, so my goal is to be 163 last day of January.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Hi Slimsons! Ready to take on January! Question..... will my current weight be the weight I entered for last week? And then I just give my next weight on Thursday, my usual weigh in day? Or do I have to do another weight for January?
This discussion has been closed.