January 2018 Challenge

Options

Replies

• 0426Jamie
    0426Jamie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just started again this month! Excited :D!!!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I got up and grabbed a pair of pants and thought oh wow! I lost tons overnight. They were quite baggy. Then I saw I had grabbed them from my “too big don’t wear in public” pile of jeans. Lol. But a most successful day. 15g net carbs and I even got a piece of Dutch licorice in there!
  • k2626k
    k2626k Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 5'2 current weight 129 and want to be 118. So happy to be part of this! Very motivating!!!
  • elizabethannmeier
    Options
    I’m in too. First day was today, and I am getting over a severe fat phobia.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I started today; so I'll jump in on the weekly weigh ins!

Hoping this group will stay positive-as it seems SO many of the community boards become rude or often shame others :neutral:

We haven't had that problem.
  • Shortontime
    Shortontime Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Okay, I weighed and can now post my stats

HW:224 / CW: 173.8 / GW: 150

01/01: 173.8
    01/07:
    01/14:
    01/21:
    01/28:
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hoping this group will stay positive-as it seems SO many of the community boards become rude or often shame others :neutral:

I've been on forums and message boards for years and I can assure you, this is by far the most wonderful, safe, accepting and non judgemental group I have ever participated in. Lots of awesome folks here :)
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options

Agreed! I just recently stopped posting in a community on MFP for that reason!

I’m looking forward to giving and receiving support here.
  • Jackieards
    Jackieards Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just started eating keto for the new year.
  • Jackieards
    Jackieards Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    52 years 5'4
    HW: 274
    CW: 242.9
    GW: 199 1st goal weight
  • klelk2
    klelk2 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The holidays were great, but it’s time to focus on myself again!

12/31: 230.4

01/07
    01/14
    01/21
    01/28
  • vmengesa
    vmengesa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to Keto. Started today. I hope to stay on track and this challenge should help.

SW: 256 GW:135(for now)
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Its fun to see how many of us are starting this challange. Here's wishing success to all of you!
  • KittyS1986
    KittyS1986 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Started keto on 2nd Jan. Can I ask what you all have your macros as? Feel free to add me!!

SW: 228.8lbs
    GW: 138lbs
  • Luke_Z
    Luke_Z Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm in as well! Totally a forum noob but I've been using MFP for a good couple of years now. Looking to get motivation and inspiration from you all!

01/03 SW 89.6kg / 198lbs
    01/07
    01/14
    01/21
    01/28 GW 85kg
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Ok gang, I'm in too! I'm really discouraged right now as I've been in ketosis for about a month and have not lost one ounce of weight! I work out a few times a week, track calories and macros, intermittent fasting 18:6, I don't know what else to do but keep plugging away and maybe eventually my body will figure it out. I need to lose at least 25 pounds, more would be better but it's a start. Hopefully I can lose 10 this month.

1/1 - 175
    1/7 -
    1/14 -
    1/21 -
    1/28 -
    1/31 - GW 165
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    goodness me, people, do you realise we have 46 new challengers and 12 oldies posting their weights! Let's try to get to the end of January with everyone still going at this and perhaps with even more joining us! For anyone who said they wanted to join and hasn't posted their weight so far, feel free to join in the chaos! :D

@cbishop7777 have you just started to work out? It could be muscle? Or maybe you are having too much fat? Some one who knows more about marcos etc may well advise!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

@travelmore86 - Let's refrain from criticism of any other boards or locations, please. It is a violation of MFP's terms. Thank you.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I could use a challenge for sure. Find myself getting lazy lately.

1/1 - 204
    1/7 -
    1/14 -
    1/21 -
    1/28 -
    1/31 - GW 195
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    goodness me, people, do you realise we have 46 new challengers and 12 oldies posting their weights! Let's try to get to the end of January with everyone still going at this and perhaps with even more joining us! For anyone who said they wanted to join and hasn't posted their weight so far, feel free to join in the chaos! :D
    I was thinking this is getting to be a pretty good sized group! Heres hoping great siccess for all of us this month!!