TEAM: Gutbusters (January)

Options

Replies

• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm new to this challenge and looking forward to finally losing weight. Last year was frustrating in many ways, and I now weigh more than I ever have in my life. It's time to turn that around!

Let's Bust Some Guts!! :)
  • pianopotato
    pianopotato Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Gabe, Glad to have a challenge! I need to lose around 45 lbs to be healthy again, really want to feel good.

Username:pianopotato
    Weigh in: 225
    Weigh in day: Friday

• MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @cardio_enthusiast , it's Lake Washington? I live in Kenmore, which shore of Lake Washington? And haven't these sunny (rain-free!) days been wonderful?
  • pianopotato
    pianopotato Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    January 2

Exercised?: yes. Ran for 30 minutes
    Calories?: yes
    Tracked?: yes

Running is so much easier when your watching tv!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Jamie. 60 years young. Just retired. I was an avid exerciser till my knee started giving me problems. I will be finding out at the end of this month if I am a candidate for a knee replacement. I just want my life back. I can still exercise but not like I want to!

Exercise. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Tracked. Yes

Happy New Year everyone
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    @MoyMG, we were walking on Mercer Island near I-90. I think that the view was of Leschi:-). The weather has been fantastic, lately!!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi team, old and new! I'm Emma, 35, from London, UK. I've been using MFP off and on since 2011 with some great results, followed by long stretches of good living. I'm getting married in September this year so that's my motivation this time around. I've been in this challenge since October and have lost over 20lbs in that period. It would have been a nice round 2 stone for January but I had a rather large Christmas gain that I hope will fall off quickly...

Here's to a great 2018, let's go Team Gutbusters!

January 2
    Exercised?: Yes - 4.13km run plus 40 crunches. Wanted to hit a 5k but my last run was Dec 12th and I forgot to have a snack before I hit the gym so I unsurprisingly ran out of energy. :/ Tomorrow maybe?
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • bambi2578
    bambi2578 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Jan 2
    Exercised: Yes - 45 minute walk + the daily challenge
    Calories - Yes
    Tracked - Yes
  • sebae1
    sebae1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My name is Shana and I live in SW Michigan. (Originally from Seattle) I'm 46 and married with a teenage son. I am ready to lose weight and feel better. Excited to be on this team!
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    January 2

Exercise? Yes, 2 hours on treadmill
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? Yes
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Jan 2nd

Exercise: yes, 30 minute walk, plus stretching and strength exercises
    Tracking: everything
    Calories: under my limit, did not eat any exercise calories, whoo-hoo!

I've been pre-logging the last couple days, and I find that makes it easier for me to stay on track. I'm eating lunch out tomorrow; I'll check the restaurant's menu now to plan my lunch.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Jan 2
    Exercise- yes, and side lunges
    Calories- yes
    Track- yes

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Username: craigo3154
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: (66.0kg) 145.5
    Todays Weight: (65.1kg) 143.5

I don't HAVE to post a weigh in (as I am not counted towards the team total), but I do anyway as both an example and to keep myself honest.

The 2 lbs loss for the week is in my normal fluctuations in maintenance. This was before my 6km walk (before breakfast). After the walk I was 64.6kg (142.4 lbs), so I lost an extra 1 lbs in fluid walking (but after walk is just for interest sake - after waking up is the one I record).

Regular post later tonight.
  • sebae1
    sebae1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Question about weigh in days.. if my 1st weigh in was Monday Jan 1st, it appears that I am supposed to stick with Monday's as my weigh in days. However the challenge has a Saturday weigh in deadline each week. Am I missing something or will I not have any results to post for this weeks challenge.. ? I don't mind changing my weigh in days to Saturday's if that is preferred..
  • craigo3154
    Options
    January 3
    Exercised?: Yes. 6km in 45 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Fast walk early morning.

Drove 2 hours to visit a friend today. Back late.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for January 03 is side planks. ()

2 sets
    • First set 15s, 30s each side, wait 2 mins
    • Second set 15s, 30s each side.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    sebae1 wrote: »
    Question about weigh in days.. if my 1st weigh in was Monday Jan 1st, it appears that I am supposed to stick with Monday's as my weigh in days. However the challenge has a Saturday weigh in deadline each week. Am I missing something or will I not have any results to post for this weeks challenge.. ? I don't mind changing my weigh in days to Saturday's if that is preferred..

@sebae1. Only part you are missing is that the challenge starting weight week was from Dec 23 to Dec 30. Registration was extended into the first weigh in week to allow thous who were searching for an assist to a new years resolution to join.

Your weigh in on Jan 1 is both your week 1 weight and your starting weight (unless you have a recorded weight for Dec 25).

Your next weigh in is due Jan 8.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Username: aeloine
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Previous Week's Weight: 223.8
    Todays Weight: 224.2

I know it LOOKS like I went up but I actually hit 221 last Friday! I'm having these mini yo-yo's and they're just so very frustrating. I realize that 3 lbs between Friday and Monday is mostly water weight associated with travel and NYE drinking, but it's still a kick in the gut.
  • gatorbob353
    gatorbob353 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

craigo3154 wrote: »
    sebae1 wrote: »

@sebae1. Only part you are missing is that the challenge starting weight week was from Dec 23 to Dec 30. Registration was extended into the first weigh in week to allow thous who were searching for an assist to a new years resolution to join.

Your weigh in on Jan 1 is both your week 1 weight and your starting weight (unless you have a recorded weight for Dec 25).

Your next weigh in is due Jan 8.

Thank you I had the same question.
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Username: cjv73 (Chandra)
    Weigh in week: January week 1
    Last week's weight: 254.4
    Today's weight: 253.8
This discussion has been closed.