January 2018 Challenge

Options

Replies

• wtomsej
    wtomsej Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will post weight on Jan 7th (Sun). I'm in. Started Keto Dec 2017.
  • tinigirlat25
    tinigirlat25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new to Keto and new to My Fitness Pal. I'm in my first week and although I've worked out my calories and macros with the help of MFP, I have really stuffed up with working out what to eat. I just realised white coffee is a killer with Keto from a carb point of view. I live in Australia and have 20 kg to lose (about 45 pounds I think). How did the rest of you get started with working out what to eat?
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    12/31 - 195.4
    01/07 - 191
    01/14 -
    01/21 -
    01/28 -
    01/31 -

I couldn't do it. I tried to keep off the scale, but I failed. I'm such a loser. Oh wait! Yes I am! LOL! 4.4 lbs for this week...gone! 36 total. I'm almost halfway to my goal!
  • Koso2006
    Koso2006 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    No real loss this week, but no gain either after slipping up a couple of times. Back to basics and going to hit it hard this week!!

12/31- 227.4
    01/07 - 227.2
    01/14
    01/21
    01/28
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new to Keto and new to My Fitness Pal. I'm in my first week and although I've worked out my calories and macros with the help of MFP, I have really stuffed up with working out what to eat. I just realised white coffee is a killer with Keto from a carb point of view. I live in Australia and have 20 kg to lose (about 45 pounds I think). How did the rest of you get started with working out what to eat?

Welcome! I find it's easier to pre-plan your meals. MFP is a very useful tool to do this. Just go to the next day, input what you absolutely HAVE to have first. For me it was bacon and eggs in the morning. Then just work the rest of the day around that. You just add or subtract what you like and make sure you avoid fruits, starchy veggies and grains. This is easier if you have a computer rather than on your phone or tablet. MFP has a lot of good stuff, but between the computer version and the app version, there is a lot to be desired!

If you take any supplement, you can count those too. Some carry minuscule amounts of calories or carbs. Try to keep your carbs low...20 grams or below. You can do total carbs or net carbs. Net carbs is when you subtract fiber from the total amt of carbs. Since you're in Australia, your foods may already be labeled with net carbs.

There are some recipes for bullet proof coffee if you want to check them out. You'll have to search for them. I drink coffee black, no sweeteners or additives. So I can't help you out there. If you have to have something, you can add heavy whipped cream and a sweetener like stevia I guess. But know that HWC has carbs, even though the label states 0 carbs. If you just use a serving which is like 1 tbsp, you should be ok. More than that, count a carb to be safe.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. We are here to support and encourage everyone. Once you get hang of it, it's easy peasy from there! :)
  • dea131313
    dea131313 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    seneedha wrote: »
    I’m in! I’ve been researching and gathering recipes the last few weeks in preparation. Need to kick my horrible sugar craving and hoping to better my cholesterol. Also hoping to lose around 25 pounds as end goal.

Hi, any thoughts on the best site to start the Keto with advice and recipes . I also have a horrible carb and sugar craving ... I wish you well on it.
  • Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started out the week strong and I WAS down 4 lbs as of Thursday morning, but in my typical fashion I had an unraveling over the weekend, and now here I am. I’m honestly surprised I kept 2 lbs off. This week my only goal will be to stick to my eating goals. Once I can get that under control, I’ll work on adding an exercise goal. I was so focused on making sure that I exercised every day, I’m wondering if it was making me hungrier because i felt like a snacking monster. I’m also going to cut out diet soda and see if that helps with my snacking.
    01/01- 260.3
    01/07- 258.3
    01/14-
    01/21-
    01/28-
  • HaideeJo13
    HaideeJo13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    12/31- 146!
    01/07- 144- for 4 days of zero motivation, I am happy with that loss!! 9 more lbs to go!
    01/14
    01/21
    01/28
    Let the workouts begin!!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    12/31 - 195.4
    01/07 - 191
    01/14 -
    01/21 -
    01/28 -
    01/31 -

I couldn't do it. I tried to keep off the scale, but I failed. I'm such a loser. Oh wait! Yes I am! LOL! 4.4 lbs for this week...gone! 36 total. I'm almost halfway to my goal!

This gave me the best laugh. Congrats on a wonderful week!
  • NikkiJRM
    Options
    jenconv wrote: »
    I’m chuffed with my first weigh in

31/12-226

7/1-217.75
    14/1
    21/1
    28/1

8.25lb loss in my 1st week is more than I could have dreamed off

AH-MAZINGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!
  • NikkiJRM
    Options
    2nd week check-in!
    F/30/5'9.75
    SW 290 CW below GW 165

12/31- 237.6

01/07- 234.2
    01/14
    01/21
    01/28

I wanted to get to 233 so I'm pleased. Especially since TOM should start today or tomorrow and I've been giving into cravings like crazy!!! However, seeing @jenconv amazing progress inspires me to get back on the ball with keto. I forgot how much keto works when you really stick to it! This is why I love group challenges! We inspire and encourage one another!

Your own weight loss this week is inspiring as well.
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    12/31 - 195.4
    01/07 - 191
    01/14 -
    01/21 -
    01/28 -
    01/31 -

Wooooohoooo!!!
    Way to be a major loser! :smiley:
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    squeeeyk wrote: »
    squeeeyk wrote: »
    Newbie here. Just started keto 5 days ago though I've been on MFP off and on for about 2 years now. I should mention that I am eating at maintenance as I am breastfeeding and hoping that will be enough deficit without lowering my milk supply. Good luck everyone!

Weighing in!

SW 249.9
    GW 130.0
    12/31: 227.0
    1/7: 223.8

NICE!!! Excellent weight loss! Keep it going!
  • jenconv
    jenconv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    @Figaver I stopped my 2 litre a day Pepsi max habit when I started keto. I’ve been drinking that level for probably 10 years. The caffeine withdrawal kicked my *kitten* but I’m really pleasantly surprised I’m not missing soda.
  • wtomsej
    wtomsej Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    In
    230.8 Jan 7-2018
  • Figaver
    Figaver Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @jenconv I usually don’t even drink soda(like maybe 1 on a weekend), I get my caffeine from my morning coffee. But my husband likes it and he bought some packs of cans to have at home while he was off from work the past few weeks. Since I gave up my nightly alcoholic drink, I found myself replacing it with a diet soda, and sometimes drinking one with my lunch. I’m confident I won’t miss it either. Trying to find a replacement for my alcohol has been tricky.