Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome to OMAD Ellen :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
  • litla_dilja
    litla_dilja Posts: 11 Member
    Hi Ellen. We started the same day! Welcome!

Nice :) We can do this
    Thank you all :)
  • mariafast7862
    mariafast7862 Posts: 22 Member
    You can call me Mia
    ...167.4lbs (weighed myself today)
    ...5’3”
    ...past struggles-binging, desserts, no portion control
    ...my goal 130-120lbs by summer
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hi, Mia
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome to OMAD Mia :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Welcome Mia!
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Hi Mia. Welcome to the group!
  • litla_dilja
    Hi Mia. Welcome to the group!

How are you doing ? :)
  • mariafast7862
    I’m doing great
  • mariafast7862
    I just started taking acv, it’s pretty gross but I’m hoping to see some health benefits. I’m liking this diet, it’s easy, doable, and not complicated at all.
  • arguablysamson
    I just started taking acv, it’s pretty gross but I’m hoping to see some health benefits. I’m liking this diet, it’s easy, doable, and not complicated at all.

ACV will yield results, trust me.
  • litla_dilja
    arguablysam...

When do you take acv ? will it not brake the fast ?

• arguablysamson
    arguablysam...

When do you take acv ? will it not brake the fast ?

I used to do it every day for the first month with juice after the meal (for the beverage). Then twice a week at the same time and occasion. I don't do it anymore very often at all since I have VERY low cholesterol.
  • ShashankSagar11
    ShashankSagar11 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi .. I am Shashank from India.
    I weigh 240 pounds
    I am 188 cms tall (6 ft. 2 inchs)

I used to weigh 294 pounds at my worst, a year ago. I am 28 years old and used to feel miserable being this fat.
    I used the KETO diet to lose around 35 pounds in last 4 months. But I plateaued for a month, which directed me to OMAD diet. Now I have been doing OMAD for a month, although the weight loss have been very slow (2-4 pounds only) , but I feel great on OMAD, my productivity at work was never better and I just have so much time at hand now, also I do not have to worry about finding Keto foods when I am not home. OMAD is something that is unheard of in India, and people think I am crazy, my parents get worried for me too. I try to explain to them but people have just been blinded by years of false information regarding weight gain/loss.

My goal weight is around 195 pounds and my I eat my meal at 9 PM night on weekdays and around 3 PM on weekends, as its difficult to not eat if not at work.

My biggest struggles are
    1) when I get stressed at work, I start feeling cramps in stomach and I have to break my OMAD, I eat some nuts and buttermilk to curb my hunger, If I do not get stresses then I can easily go all day. This happens once or twice a month, any suggestions?
    2) I am still not losing significant weight, I understand that scale is not that important but I would love to go below 100 Kgs (220 pounds), Should I eat normal carb meal or Keto fat heavy meals on OMAD? I keep my calories in 1500 range and at times do 48 hrs fast, still my weight is stuck at this number and its starting to get demotivating.
    what should I do?

during the day i drink 1 cup of black coffee or 1 cup of green tea only.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    I weigh 240 pounds

I used to weigh 294 pounds at my worst, a year ago. I am 28 years old and used to feel miserable being this fat.
    I used the KETO diet to lose around 35 pounds in last 4 months. But I plateaued for a month, which directed me to OMAD diet. Now I have been doing OMAD for a month, although the weight loss have been very slow (2-4 pounds only) , but I feel great on OMAD, my productivity at work was never better and I just have so much time at hand now, also I do not have to worry about finding Keto foods when I am not home. OMAD is something that is unheard of in India, and people think I am crazy, my parents get worried for me too. I try to explain to them but people have just been blinded by years of false information regarding weight gain/loss.

My goal weight is around 195 pounds and my I eat my meal at 9 PM night on weekdays and around 3 PM on weekends, as its difficult to not eat if not at work.

My biggest struggles are
    1) when I get stressed at work, I start feeling cramps in stomach and I have to break my OMAD, I eat some nuts and buttermilk to curb my hunger, If I do not get stresses then I can easily go all day. This happens once or twice a month, any suggestions?
    2) I am still not losing significant weight, I understand that scale is not that important but I would love to go below 100 Kgs (220 pounds), Should I eat normal carb meal or Keto fat heavy meals on OMAD? I keep my calories in 1500 range and at times do 48 hrs fast, still my weight is stuck at this number and its starting to get demotivating.
    what should I do?

Hello Shashank, welcome.
    Isn't it funny how people react? Just ignore them and lead by example.
    To reignite your weight loss you might want to change up your diet. Do some experimentation and see what works for you. But worse case there is also nothing wrong with slow weight loss either. You'll get there!

One other suggestion is maybe to go for a vigorous walk 3 or 4 times per week. It helps with stress and it's good for you.
    Good luck, let us know how it goes.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I weigh 240 pounds

My biggest struggles are
    what should I do?

I have the same problem you do when late in the day and I have to think hard at work and am stressed. Very, very hard to fast in those circumstances. If that happens, a small spoon of coconut oil has gotten me through many times. I just started doing that again and it works great for me. I eat carbs during my eating window. Do you exercise? I think it is a wash for me and exercise doesn't help me lose weight because I eat back all the calories but it does let me eat a lot more which is great!
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome Shashank!!! While I was losing I would chew sugarless gum and drink lots of water outside my eating window :)
  • ShashankSagar11
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I weigh 240 pounds

My biggest struggles are
    what should I do?

I have the same problem you do when late in the day and I have to think hard at work and am stressed. Very, very hard to fast in those circumstances. If that happens, a small spoon of coconut oil has gotten me through many times. I just started doing that again and it works great for me. I eat carbs during my eating window. Do you exercise? I think it is a wash for me and exercise doesn't help me lose weight because I eat back all the calories but it does let me eat a lot more which is great!

I tried exercising while eating 2-3 times a day on KETO, but I rapidly gained 6-8 pounds, which I guess, was muscle mass. After starting OMAD, when I get back home from work, I am just so hungry that first thing I do is eat, and after eating a huge meal there is no thought of exercising. I try to go to gym over the weekends though.. I have planned to regularly go to gym when I get close to my goal weight.
  • ShashankSagar11
    Welcome Shashank!!! While I was losing I would chew sugarless gum and drink lots of water outside my eating window :)

yup, I try not to eat sugarfree gums too much as they have aspartame, which I am not sure raises blood sugar/insulin or not?
    Over the weekends I drink 1 bottle of Water with apple cider vinegar and lemon with some stevia, it suppresses my hunger for few hours. Its really difficult to sit at home and not eat, when everyone around you is eating. :dizzy: