1/23:
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I know I talked up the mini challenge earlier in the week, but I am failing miserably so far! Sunday was a good day; I was under calories but exercise was not in the cards....easing into real life after being away for a week! Yesterday I went to work in the afternoon, came home, ate supper and was under my calories again, but I was still so hungry! (I guess I have trained myself to eat way more than 1200 calories since doing so, daily, sine December 22nd)! Consequently, I snacked and snacked after supper until I could snack no more! So, today I am trying again...but still no exercise in the cards! I need to formulate a plan for exercise, and I need to do it soon! I haven't run since December 13th. I should probably get myself to the gym and use a treadmill to get myself back up to speed.

Have you tried Leslie Sansone Walking DVDs? She's got a couple of miles on her YouTube channel. Its a really easy way to get in some exercise at home?
  • MelsLeanDream
    Options
    Tuesday 23
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise - Daily steps 13,763
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Consequently, I snacked and snacked after supper until I could snack no more! So, today I am trying again...but still no exercise in the cards! I need to formulate a plan for exercise, and I need to do it soon

We all have those days. And then we try again. Today is a new day full of opportunities that move us closer to our goals. And you're already planning how to get back on track with your exercise. You got this!
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Jan 23
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes, 3000 steps above goal
  • primekayprime
    Options
    Jan 23
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise Y, 30 min walk
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Week 4
    Tuesday, Jan 23
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes
    Working harder to get 3 yeses today. :)
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Jan 23
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- no
    I had to do some fasting blood work and I wasn't allowed to exercise between draws. And if I don't exercise in the morning I can never find time during the day!
  • RinsenRepeat
    RinsenRepeat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wed 24 Jan
    Tracking y
    Calories Y
    Exercise Y
    Today I really have to focus on my mindset... also mindful to notice that I invented excuses over the weekend to slack off my discipline...these excuses to ignore my red flags and triggers of old negative habits really put me back heavily- pun intended.
    I have not yet recovered back to where I was on last weigh-in...
    Do you guys also have this issue of self sabotage??
    One week I do well with progress, next week I do well till weekend -then ruin 2 weeks progress over one weekend....
    Week 3 start all over again...
  • primekayprime
    Options
    One week I do well with progress, next week I do well till weekend -then ruin 2 weeks progress over one weekend....

Yes! I have self-sabotaged! This is at least my 5th attempt at trying to change my unhealthy habits. But I've never stuck to my choice to live healthier this long. This time around has been different. I have been wondering over the past few weeks what has changed this time? I've never made it to week 7 before or had a double-digit weight loss. There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this, but I can tell you what is different for me this time around.

1. I'm motivated to do this FOR MYSELF. Not because my partner thinks I should or society thinks I should or because my family or friends think I should. I'm doing it because I am tired of being out of breath when climbing a single flight of stairs. I'm tired that putting on my shoes feels like a chore. I'm tired of not being able to look at myself naked in the mirror. I'm just so damn tired of it. And I remind myself of this when I want to eat another cookie or when I don't want to get out of bed and go for my walk or do another rep.

2. Don't deprive yourself of the foods that you love, but be smart about your portions. Potatoes and cheese and rice are part of my regular diet. And I still manage to maintain my weight loss week-over-week. However, there are some foods that I can't have regularly. Like any type of delivered foods. I don't order a whole pizza because I'll eat all of it. But I will go pick up a slice of pizza if I really must have it. And I do mean GET UP and go get it. No delivery. If I really really want that food, I need to get my Big Butt up and go and get it. (My sister taught me that trick!)

3. Keep healthy snacks on hand. Get rid of the junk food sitting around the house. It's just too tempting. I know this is a cliche, but it has really helped me stay on track. When I want to bored-eat (which I tend to want to do late at night), I don't graze in the kitchen because celery and carrots just don't hold my interest as raptly as potato chips.

4. You will fall, but you have to get back up. There are days when I obliterate anything that even looks like a calorie goal. And I remind myself that tomorrow is a new day. I don't have to give up entirely just because I messed up today. I don't beat myself up about it. I am human and I am flawed and that's ok. I remind myself that I can always push the proverbial reset button and TRY AGAIN TOMORROW.

5. One day at a time. And if that's too much, then take it one meal at a time. One work out at a time. One bite at a time. I try to set small and measurable goals. My Big Picture goal is to lose 100lbs. But it can be awhile before I make it there. So I make short-term goals that change based on what I am struggling to follow through on that day. Sometimes, my goal is to simply put on my gym clothes. Then when they're on, the next goal is just to step outside. Well, if I've made it this far, walk to the end of the cul-de-sac. And I just talk myself through my struggle that way. It doesn't always work. I don't always make it as far as actually walking, but it's better than doing nothing.

The fact that you recognize you are making excuses is a huge step in overcoming this struggle that you have. You can't fix a problem if you can't identify it. And you've already come this far! Remind yourself of what motivated you to drop your first 30lbs. (Which is an amazing loss by the way! I hope to reach that number!)

You got this!

• Coheednkimbria
    Coheednkimbria Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    1/24:
    Tracking - yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes, walked 30 mins at lunch today
  • Coheednkimbria
    Coheednkimbria Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wed 24 Jan
    Tracking y
    Calories Y
    Exercise Y
    Today I really have to focus on my mindset... also mindful to notice that I invented excuses over the weekend to slack off my discipline...these excuses to ignore my red flags and triggers of old negative habits really put me back heavily- pun intended.
    I have not yet recovered back to where I was on last weigh-in...

Yes! You are not alone, I find especially since the holiday break, I keep tripping up on the weekends when all of the temptation is right near me. I eat something I know I shouldn't and then it just goes down hill fast.
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    January 24
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 20 min walk)
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Week #3 weigh in 205.2
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS wanted to know how can I get back into the challenge for the month of Feb since its already 25th today
  • MelsLeanDream
    Options
    Wednesday 24
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise - Daily steps 15,827
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Jan 24
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes 2 hours roller derby training
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    bizgirl26
    Todays weight 159.8

I am headed to Mexico and will not be weighing in next week. Have a great week everyone
  • wewillbskinny
    wewillbskinny Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am sorry I've been MIA lately. I have had so much going on. My mom who had been in the hospital, LTAC or rehab for 13 months was finally discharged to my home on January 9th. It has been incredibly difficult trying to get into a routine to help her. She's pretty much totally dependent at this point. My house has been a revolving door with nurses, PT, OT, Wound Care deliveries, etc. coming through the door. It has been exhausting and stressful. I've been unable to even pay attention to my weightloss and I'm sure I'm going to put on quite a bit of weight because of this. The only good thing is that my mom does seem to be getting stronger every day. The goal now is to see if she's strong enough to actually be able to get into a car next Wednesday for a Dr. appt. If not, we will have to rent one of those transporter vans that can get a wheelchair into it. It is very difficult to see how weak and dependent my mom has become, as she was 100% independent and living on her own prior to any of this. We are working very hard to get her back some of her independence and keep her healthy.

I want to thank everybody for continuing to try to stick to their goals and especially thank @HASWLRS for keeping this team together. I don't know how much I'll be able to participate and I really apologize for that. I just wanted to check in, and I had a minute here before I got going for the day, to try and fill you in on where I have been.

Keep up the good work everyone. This is a great team and a great challenge.
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh in
    Username: enyagoboom
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 193.7
    Current weight: 192.7

Going for bloodwork today and my annual exam next week. Overall not a bad January even if I didn't hit my goals I was making progress towards them.
This discussion has been closed.