Weigh in week: Jan Week 4
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's Weight: 158
    Today's Weight: 155.8
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    January 29
    Exercised?: Yes. 60+ mins gardening and cleaning round the house (in 30+C heat).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

At work today, but still found time for labor intensive overdue chores round the house.

Hot night and warm day today (30+C overnight 35+C most of the day). Cool change (with rain) has finally arrived and sleeping tonight should not be a problem.

Walk tomorrow.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for January 29 is lunges ()

3 sets
    • First set 10 or 15 each leg (if 10 is too easy continue to 15).
    • Second set 6 or 9 each leg.
    • Third set 5 or 8 each leg.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    cjv73 wrote: »
    Do we automatically get moved over to the next months challenge?

@gatorbob353 Yes, as long as you have posted your weigh-ins and haven't requested to be removed.

@gatorbob353. @cjv73. is 100% correct.

Next months spreadsheet is already up. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15uQLi-TZZgQQAytnvwkF2vC3VKzJAYhDQPC50iSZslM/edit?usp=sharing) You should be able to see if you are on a team already. (You are already in Gutbusters :) ).

Starting weights are carried over from week 5 (or week 4 if you do not post a week 5 weigh in).

If you do not post a weigh in in week 4 or week 5, you will not be carried over.

If you inform me that you do not want to carry over, I will ensure you do not.

(I set up the systems to be largely automatic :) - Otherwise running the challenge would be a LOT of work).
  • GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
  • GoBlue1981
    Options
    Congrats to @szodyraa for being the overall challenge biggest loser for week 4!!!! Once again GutBusters was the biggest loser team, congrats everyone!!! Shout out to our Top 3 % loss here in Team GutBusters: @szodyraa @mollymom07 & @Asturiah !!!! @szodyraa also finishes 1st for pounds lost (as did Team GutBusters)! Great job everyone!
  • GoBlue1981
    Options
    @brunchowl wooooooo! Congrats!
  • gatorbob353
    gatorbob353 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    cjv73 wrote: »
    Do we automatically get moved over to the next months challenge?

@gatorbob353 Yes, as long as you have posted your weigh-ins and haven't requested to be removed.

Thank you
  • gatorbob353
    gatorbob353 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: gatorbob353
    Weigh in week: Week 5
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's Weight: 247.7
    Today's Weight: 244.9
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    Nice to hear that our team is already leading.Great!
    Thanks God we are already included in the team Gutbusters for the next month; I have checked spreadsheet :) .Honestly I have been eating mindfully from November joining this Challenge.Always check this page 5-7 times during the day.Well not putting enough effort to see the actual results,I think.But still going in the right direction.
    Good Luck
  • cat_gray78
    cat_gray78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight 217.2
    Current 217
  • cat_gray78
    cat_gray78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    GoBlue1981 wrote: »
    Hey All, as we transition to February, I’m going to try a couple new things to increase participation and accountability here. Please feel free to participate in whatever interests you, or whatever you feel would be helpful. I’ve noticed as we continue on (many of us have been here several months now) this may be becoming monotonous so we forget our day, for some of us this is brand new and hard to remember. For whichever reason (or another reason all together) the weekly reminder emails/messages I’ve been sending have gone from 5ish a week to 15ish a week. That just means more and more of our team (over half) is struggling to remember to come in and check-in and weigh in on their weigh-in day once a week. So we need some inspiration & motivation!

I’ve heard lots of great suggestions, having everyone setup calendar reminders for their day. I like that idea, please consider it if checking in once a week onnyour day is something you’re struggling with remembering, I’d also like to consider having a volunteer from each day group (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc) reach out to the other members of their day each week to check in on them and see how things are, and if they weighed in. I will still send formal reminders for everyone each week by Saturday, but if you’d like to volunteer to check in on team members from your day, let me know and I’ll get you the list of teammates from the February list when it’s final. (Some days have more than others, right now Monday and Friday are the busiest days for us).

Other things we could do if you’d like is do step challenges in addition to Craig’s challenge, I’m happy to track that for anyone who would like to participate internally with our team in weekly and monthly challenges for that...I don’t wear a tracker personally, but would be happy to log steps for the team if the team wants to log steps daily/weekly.

Lastly, I’d love to hear other things people are doing “beyond weight loss” whether it’s adjusting how you’re cooking, finding new recipes, rewarding yourself with non-food items, etc to try and live healthier beyond the scale. I’m always up for hearing positive things beyond the numbers going up and down. The war with the scale can be a long one, so realizing there are lots of battles to be won along the way is crucial to not being discouraged and burning out!

Please let me know your thoughts, feedback, etc to continue to have our team be the most successful, enthusiastic place to be!

@smc92079 @aeloine @Asturiah @brunchowl @cardio_enthusiast @cat_gray78 @cjv73 @cyranda63 @eevang @emmclean @fe452436 @gatorbob353 @hawkins410 @inshapeCK @jamiewilldo @jenjournaljunkie @mollymom07 @MoyMG @Nrkelly @parinzz @pianopotato @sandflower81 @sebae1 @Stimpy56 @szodyraa @tdrjustus3 @tintarandy @typeitdaily

Hi, it’s so great that you are putting so much effort in to help others
    Im going to be completely honest here ... I struggle with the amount of comments that are posted and I generally read stuff on my phone so it’s not as easy to go back to the last comment I read so just end up logging on once a week to post weight so for me I don’t feel I’m getting the benefit or feel that invested (that’s on me and no reflection on the group at all)

Not really sure I have any suggestions to change that apart from me logging in daily but that’s where I find things like Facebook easier as you have one post and then multiple comments (don’t think this has that set up)

Still that’s probably just me and something I need to adapt myself to be ‘more in the group’
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Message for all team members:
    @GoBlue1981.
    @smc92079.
    @aeloine.
    @Asturiah.
    @brunchowl.
    @cat_gray78.
    @cjv73.
    @Cyranda63.
    @eevang.
    @emmclean.
    @fe452436.
    @gatorbob353.
    @hawkins410.
    @inshapeCK.
    @jamiewilldo.
    @jenjournaljunkie.
    @mollymom07.
    @MoyMG.
    @nrkelly04.
    @parinzz.
    @pianopotato.
    @sandflower81.
    @sebae1.
    @Stimpy56.
    @szodyraa.
    @tdrjustus3.
    @tintarandy.
    @typeitdaily.

This is the last week of the January Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the February challenge.

The February challenge thread is:
    TEAM: GUTBUSTERS (February) ( http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10638150/team-gutbusters-february#latest )
    If you wish not to participate next month, please message the team captain or myself ( @craigo3154. )

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    January 29th
    Exercised?: Yes, 4.65km treadmill run
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Username: eevang
    Week 5
    Day: Monday
    Previous: 204
    Current: 201

:) Hit a 20 pound loss today. First time I've ever gotten this far. Can't wait for the next 20!
  • sebae1
    sebae1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    sebae1
    Week ? (Jan 29th)
    Weigh-in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 232.4
    Current Weight: 232.2
  • szodyraa
    szodyraa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So sorry I missed my weigh in day. It's been hectic!!!
    Pw:217
    Cw:217.8
    Not sure why I'm up this week but I'm ready for February!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    January 30
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 6km in 46 mins (hills).

At work today, much cooler. Good walk. Nice to get out.

Cross posting daily in the TEAM: GUTBUSTERS (February) thread. ( http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10638150/team-gutbusters-february#latest )

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for January 30 is plank. (standard, forearm or knee) (https://greatist.com/fitness/perfect-plank)

2 sets
    • First set 30 seconds if new to them, 60 seconds if a regular, 90 seconds if can regularly make 60 seconds. , wait 2
    • Second set 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds
This discussion has been closed.