What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• carrotsaregood
    carrotsaregood Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Terry Goodkind’s Sword of Truth series. About 16 books in all. Great magical world and lovable characters.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,978 Member
    Options
    Finished "The Dwarves." Dang it, now I have to go get the two sequels... The author needs a little work with jumping back and forth, and a few too many names to remember them all, and a couple plot points are predictable. But overall well-enough done to intrigue me to read the rest of the trilogy.
  • Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix
    Options
    Mistress of the Empire by Raymond E. Feist. It is really good so far; I'm about halfway through. It's just as engaging as the first one was in the series.

Whoops.....I was reading Servant of the Empire which was very good. Now that I've completed it though, I'm on to the final one the series; Mistress of the Empire.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Until I get the Dwarves sequels, I'm re-reading the Grand Admiral Thrawn series of Star Wars books. I don't care what Disney said about "non-movie-novelizations before the purchase are no longer cannon". Thrawn was da man in the SW universe, and this trilogy should have been Episodes 7-9, not this hybrid they are foisting upon us. (Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed Episodes 7 and 8, but not nearly as much as I would have had they used some of the source material readily available pre-Disney, such as Thrawn or the Jedi Academy trilogy.)
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ulala424 wrote: »
    Her Court of Thorns and Roses series is one of my favorites! I'm planning on re-reading the series to get ready for the fourth book coming out in May.

Its really good. I would like to read her Throne of Glass series sometime soon.

I just finished High Voltage by Karen Marie Moning. Its part of my favorite series. I pre-ordered it to get a signed copy. I was super excited to receive it.

I don't know what my next book will be. I don't have anything set aside currently, so I get to go looking.

• theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Started Primo Levis The Periodic Table. Super interesting autobiographical novel of his experience as a Jewish chemist growing up in Italy during the rise of fascism and through WWII. The book is organized as a series of short stories according to the periodic table. Very interesting and scientifically crunchy while still being life affirming.
  • theowlbox
    Options
    Started Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi. So far very funny and interesting!
  • Dinklc
    Dinklc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed right now and just finished a series by Deborah Coates
  • kooshky
    kooshky Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Y’all. I found this app called serial reader that gives you bite size portions to read per day. You can read as many as you want if you’re like me and can’t choose one. And it’s free!!! Keeps me distracted.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Nature's End by Whitley Streiber.
  • lilithsrose
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Currently reading Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. I just finished the first book in the series on Sunday. I also read A Court of Frost and Starlight last week, but that was just a novella by the same author.
  • mamacom13
    mamacom13 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all, new here. I'm currently reading "Jane Seymour the haunted queen" by Alison Weir. It's book 3 in a series of 6 on Henry VIII's wives. Historical fiction.
  • virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am reading 15:17 to Paris
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    So, I just read all of the Throne of Glass books. Now I'm just waiting for the next one to come out in September.

I'm currently reading The Emerald Sea by Richelle Mead.
  • jbplumber
    jbplumber Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Three poetry books
    She Felt like feeling nothing
    Sea of Strangers
    Light Mussings
  • NelliR86
    NelliR86 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just started reading the “Woman in Cabin 10” by Ruth Ware
  • theowlbox
    Options
    When You Are Engulfed In Flames by David Sedaris
  • ElleJayVee
    ElleJayVee Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I am currently reading A Wrinkle in Time (that is if I find the darn book, I seem to have misplaced it somewhere) and Fated, the third installment by Donna Augustine's trilogy Karma. I recommend Donna's book if you're into paranormal, fantasy and adult fiction. It's quite entertaining. As the first book of the trilogy suggests, it's about the not so normal life of "Karma" or Camila as she was formerly known. Camila passed away in a horrific train accident and was pretty much thrown in to take over the role of Karma (you know "karma is a bi-tch" karma). The "job" looks simple enough to tackle at the beginning, but little does she know that her new "life"? is about to change yet again.
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    Currently reading War Storm by Victoria Aveyard. Almost finished. I'll be reading Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa, Catwoman by Sarah J. Maas, Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas, or Wind Rider by PC Cast next. I haven't decided yet.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Reading the book "Thrawn" which is the origin story of the famous Star Wars Grand Admiral. However, with Disney flip-flopping over what is considered cannon vs not I'm not sure if this book qualifies, but regardless it's excellent so far.