Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    holly2e wrote: »
    Feb 9th
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes, 60 min cross training class.
    My son has two friends spending the night over here- so three 7 year old boys plus my other kids.. it has been madness. There should be some kind of exercise in MFP for this, haha!

At least you got your 60 minutes of "real" exercise in before the madness....probably helped save your sanity as well!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sat 10 Feb
    Username: RinsenRepeat
    Weigh-in Week: 2?
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    January Start Weight: 94.5kg
    Previous weight: 86.9kg
    Current Weight: 88.6kg

Sorry to let the team down this week being ill.

Oh, don't you dare apologize....you've been a rock star for this team!! You've been ill, and you put on a little bit of weight. When you are feeling completely better, you can work to get it off again. And we know you know how to do that!! So cut yourself some much deserved slack!! (Hugs!)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 208.4
    Todays Weight: 211.2

Weigh in day and I am up almost 3 lbs. I don’t even know what to say. I’ve been working my butt off and drinking my water and my eating habits have been like always. Only thing I can assume is this is PMS. My weight shot up suddenly after last weigh in and has just stayed up there all week. I’ve never had PMS symptoms like this. Could it be my weight loss? I dunno. Something to ask my doctor next time i see him. Fingers crossed once my period starts this week it will go right back down.

I sense your frustration, but I also hear you reasoning out the possibilities with a clear mind. You know you are doing everything right, and it has clearly been working for you. Stay the course, and we will assume it is the dreaded PMS until further notice! (Hugs!)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Two more Saturday weigh-ins to come: @my3boys424 and @sarareda2010

I am in a curling bonspiel today (a fun tournament, if you will) so I will be gone until the supper hour. Have a good day, everyone, and smash those goals!!
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Still looking for Friday weigh-ins from @SamanthaLouiseMence, @hooliemay, and @dechensangmo3.

I’m not at home and won’t have access to scales until Sunday - I’ll post then :) x
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Feb 8
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes went for a 20ish minute walk

Feb 9
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes 45 minutes strength training. I started a new lifting routine, Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 (although as I'm in a cut its 3x5). The other plan I was on was good, but there were some days of it that the wrist that I broke 4.5 years ago couldn't keep up with the progression in weight on dumbells. This plan is more barbell centred so hoping that will help my progression!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Feb 8
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes

Feb 9
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes 45 minutes strength training. I started a new lifting routine, Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 (although as I'm in a cut its 3x5). The other plan I was on was good, but there were some days of it that the wrist that I broke 4.5 years ago couldn't keep up with the progression in weight on dumbells. This plan is more barbell centred so hoping that will help my progression!

I am always impressed by ladies who lift weights. I secretly want to do it, but it seems like a foreign land. I bought and read the book "New Rules of Lifting for Women" but it seemed complicated, not too complicated to figure out, but not simple.
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Feb 8
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes

Feb 9
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes

I am always impressed by ladies who lift weights. I secretly want to do it, but it seems like a foreign land. I bought and read the book "New Rules of Lifting for Women" but it seemed complicated, not too complicated to figure out, but not simple.

I felt very similarly, but I booked one session with a Personal Trainer at my gym, to give me an introduction to weights and lifting. It was enough to make me a bit more comfortable trying stuff out by myself as it wasn't so overwhelming going into the weights section and not having a fricken clue. I absolutely love it and feel especially enpowered now that I'm lifting the same weights as some of the men (although it does suck having to wait for the weights I want when they're being used).
  • SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Me too! But I plan on purchasing the Strong Curves book. I hear it has an at home program in it, so I am going to do the at home first. And after that, I have a gym close to my house owned by some fellow church members, so I will feel slightly more at ease knowing the owners are good people. (Plus reviews say there were not too many people in that area to begin with. Woohoo!)
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Mariec1978 wrote: »
    I have felt very tired in the mornings. This is unusual for me because I usually wake up feeling well rested. I get a solid 8hrs most nights. I've been hitting the weights a little harder this week. I think I'm not getting enough calories or nutrients because I've been over eating at the end of the day and do not feel sated with my regular meals. I haven't felt unsatisfied during my journey before. I'm a little nervous. I'm going to try increasing my portions and see if I can get my eating under control.

I am no expert by any means. Are you getting enough protein? Try upping that to help you feel fuller longer. Good luck!

@primekayprime I second @HASWLRS opinion on the protein. My son does a lot of physical training with his trainer. His trainer used to be the trainer for the LA Dodgers, Paul Sterrett, so I trust his opinion. We had this issue (lacking energy and stamina) with my son and Paul gave us some really good information.
    Usually, they work with resistance bands, medicine balls, body weight for resistance, and cardio to keep my son's muscles long and lean which is optimal for a baseball pitcher. When his workout changes during this time of year to a lot more weight lifting, I have to up his protein intake to at least 1.5 grams of healthy proteins per pound for him to have any kind of stamina or energy. He is 150 pounds and 5'11", so you can imagine how hard it is to feed him 225 grams of healthy proteins in a day. We have found some great turkey sausages (similar to Slim Jims, but without all the fat) and he drinks a lot of ORGANIC Vitamin D Milk to help us reach his goals. We can definitely tell a difference in his energy level and amount of muscle soreness if he doesn't get enough protein. I would look at your protein intake and see if you are getting enough - I'm thinking (and I'm no expert either) you should have around .5 grams of healthy proteins per pound each day on the days you weight train. See if that helps.

Many MFPers have suggested more protein and to make sure I'm drinking lots of water. So that is where I'm going to start. I really appreciate your suggestions @HASWLRS and @Mariec1978 and thanks @Mariec1978 for sharing your anecdote. This coming week I'm going to shift my goals away from weight loss and instead focus on upping my protein and eating my exercise calories. I hear you, Body, and I am listening. Hopefully, the weight loss will follow.
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Feb 9
    Tracking Y
    Calories N
    Exercise N (rest day)
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Friday:
    Tracking, yes
    Calories, yes, surprisingly lol
    Exercise, no.
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Saturday, February 10
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes (30 minutes walking and some weights)
  • SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mini UAC Feb 10

Tracked: yes
    Calories: under, barely, but still under
    Exercise: yes. More dancing!! It really seems to be kicking my butt.
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    February 10
    Tracking - yes
    Calories- no
    Exercise- yes (house cleaning)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    February 10
    Tracking - yes
    Calories- no
    Exercise- yes (house cleaning)

Were you close with your calories?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    It's Sunday morning, or way past where you are, @SamanthaLouiseMence! Looking for your weight, please!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Sat Feb 10
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no, over by about 100
    Exercise- yes, 34 min aerobics DVD
This discussion has been closed.