TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (February)

Options

Replies

• WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    WARNING: LONG POST!
    As the 2018 year began, I focused on a number of things to get back into the swing of good health “habits”. January was all about being accountable again and getting the highly processed stuff back out of my life. I was then able to more successfully focus on daily logging, staying within calories and being active again.

Those things are all good. But to be successful and hit my goals this year, I need to re-tweak some basics to really move forward, hit my goals and live the lifestyle I have on my mental vision board. I’m excited that we finally have our home gym set up. Since my son took over the basement with his business and the garage is sometimes too hot or too cold, we decided to simply put it in our sunroom! It sometimes feels like living at the gym. It’s just right there. Should make for interesting conversation when friends come over for dinner.

So moving into next week, I’m ready to kick up my game a bit. While I plan to continue logging daily, stay within calories and exercise daily, I want my focus to be on the following:
    1. Sleep (7 to 8 hours per night)
    2. Whole foods (no processed foods)
    3. Strength training (Free weights are a new thing for me. Excited to do this.)

(1) My sleep is much better than it use to be, but it’s been slipping a bit lately. (2) I already eat a fairly whole food based diet. But there’s room for improvement and I’m excited to kick it up a bit with this one. Also, prepping the vegetable garden area is good exercise and starting a few seeds indoors is turning out to be quiet relaxing. (3) I’m ready to set some strength training goals, build some muscle and protect my aging bones. I want to be that little old lady that can still dance and enjoy my party when I turn 100! Gives me 40 years to accomplish that task. :smiley:
  • Mariec1978
    Mariec1978 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Feb 8
    Tracking Y
    Calories N
    Exercise Y 10min walk + Leg Day

I have felt very tired in the mornings. This is unusual for me because I usually wake up feeling well rested. I get a solid 8hrs most nights. I've been hitting the weights a little harder this week. I think I'm not getting enough calories or nutrients because I've been over eating at the end of the day and do not feel sated with my regular meals. I haven't felt unsatisfied during my journey before. I'm a little nervous. I'm going to try increasing my portions and see if I can get my eating under control.

I am no expert by any means. Are you getting enough protein? Try upping that to help you feel fuller longer. Good luck!

@primekayprime I second @HASWLRS opinion on the protein. My son does a lot of physical training with his trainer. His trainer used to be the trainer for the LA Dodgers, Paul Sterrett, so I trust his opinion. We had this issue (lacking energy and stamina) with my son and Paul gave us some really good information.
    Usually, they work with resistance bands, medicine balls, body weight for resistance, and cardio to keep my son's muscles long and lean which is optimal for a baseball pitcher. When his workout changes during this time of year to a lot more weight lifting, I have to up his protein intake to at least 1.5 grams of healthy proteins per pound for him to have any kind of stamina or energy. He is 150 pounds and 5'11", so you can imagine how hard it is to feed him 225 grams of healthy proteins in a day. We have found some great turkey sausages (similar to Slim Jims, but without all the fat) and he drinks a lot of ORGANIC Vitamin D Milk to help us reach his goals. We can definitely tell a difference in his energy level and amount of muscle soreness if he doesn't get enough protein. I would look at your protein intake and see if you are getting enough - I'm thinking (and I'm no expert either) you should have around .5 grams of healthy proteins per pound each day on the days you weight train. See if that helps.
  • wewillbskinny
    wewillbskinny Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Username: wewillbskinny
    Weigh-in week: February week1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 173
    Current weight: 175
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @GardenMama129, love your long post!! I can so picture you dancing at your 100th birthday party!! You seem to have a good plan in place to accomplish your goals...and a home gym!! I am so jealous, as there is really no place in my home to put one.

And sleep is soooo important, I agree!!
  • RinsenRepeat
    RinsenRepeat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I tripped team...not staying down...I'm getting back up.. I'll get over this bump and get back on track...
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Thank you @HASWLRS
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    bizgirl26 wrote: »
    bizgirl26

last week weight ? No idea I was on a plane
    Today - 164.2 :'(
    The good thing is that I had an awesome vacation and I am not going to let a bit of weight set me back. Its back to logging consistently and exercising and it will come back off

Yeah, I knew you were in Mexico or on your way back. I just re-entered your weight from the previous week to hold your spot. I think it was at 159.4? I don't know exactly, but I'll see when I go to enter this new weight in the spreadsheet.

So glad to hear you had an awesome vacation! A few extra pounds is always a good trade off if you are enjoying yourself! The weight will come off, but the memories will last a lifetime!

• HASWLRS
    Options
    I tripped team...not staying down...I'm getting back up.. I'll get over this bump and get back on track...

Yes, you will get back on track! Give yourself a break, though, you are down with an illness! Just focus on getting better, first and foremost!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Still looking for Friday weigh-ins from @SamanthaLouiseMence, @hooliemay, and @dechensangmo3.
  • dechensangmo3
    dechensangmo3 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Username: dechensangmo3
    Previous weight: 175, 2
    Current weight: 170, 6
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: dechensangmo3
    Previous weight: 175, 2
    Current weight: 170, 6

Drum roll, please.....that is one fantastic loss!!!!!
  • Mariec1978
    Mariec1978 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Friday February 9th
    Tracking: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes...cleaned house...bathed dogs...went grocery shopping...did laundry...and I am going to bed EARLY. I'm exhausted!
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    February 8
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no
    Exercise- yes ( 21 mins beginners HIIT)

February 9
    Tracking - yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 20 mins walk/jog)
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Nicoletime4me wrote: »
    February 8
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous weight from January Biggest Loser month challenge : 189
    Current weight : 187

Nice loss this week....you drank your water (I am assuming!) and the weight came back down for you!!!

Yes, I have. Hopefully I will keep my momentum.
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Friday February 9th
    Tracking: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Fri Feb 9th
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes, 24 min cardio DVD
  • SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well.. I binged on brownie batter today... Among other not so healthy stuff. At least there are no more brownie mix in the house. I must say I didn't eat the whole box or even half. Just a quarter. But that's still too much.
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Feb 9th
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes, 60 min cross training class.
    My son has two friends spending the night over here- so three 7 year old boys plus my other kids.. it has been madness. There should be some kind of exercise in MFP for this, haha!
  • RinsenRepeat
    RinsenRepeat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sat 10 Feb
    Username: RinsenRepeat
    Weigh-in Week: 2?
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    January Start Weight: 94.5kg
    Previous weight: 86.9kg
    Current Weight: 88.6kg

Sorry to let the team down this week being ill.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 208.4
    Todays Weight: 211.2

Weigh in day and I am up almost 3 lbs. I don’t even know what to say. I’ve been working my butt off and drinking my water and my eating habits have been like always. Only thing I can assume is this is PMS. My weight shot up suddenly after last weigh in and has just stayed up there all week. I’ve never had PMS symptoms like this. Could it be my weight loss? I dunno. Something to ask my doctor next time i see him. Fingers crossed once my period starts this week it will go right back down.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    SAHNinja wrote: »
    Well.. I binged on brownie batter today... Among other not so healthy stuff. At least there are no more brownie mix in the house. I must say I didn't eat the whole box or even half. Just a quarter. But that's still too much.

You admitted it, and now you can move on from it. Try to remember what triggered this binge and have an alternate plan in place for the next time a binge is triggered, because it will happen! But most importantly, just move on! (Hugs!)
This discussion has been closed.