• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Sat Feb 10
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no, over by about 100
    Exercise- yes, 34 min aerobics DVD

So close! Close enough for weight loss!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

I am in a curling bonspiel today (a fun tournament, if you will) so I will be gone until the supper hour. Have a good day, everyone, and smash those goals!!

I am soooo sore from yesterday! I guess I got a good workout in!!

• primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Feb 10
    Tracking N
    Calories N
    Exercise Y

Last night was Game Night with a few friends. I'm sure I maxed my calorie goal in libations alone. And then there was the delicious home made Mexican food that my friend made. She is such a great host! Lots of fun!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    primekayprime
    Feb Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Sun
    Previous Week's weight: 233.6
    Today's Weight: 232.8

Considering that I've been a ravenous food monster this past week, I am glad to see any weight loss! Perhaps it is just the nerd in me, but I am really enjoying seeing how my body responds to what I do to it. It's like a wacky science experiment!

Nice loss, Kay! Considering what you've said about being hungry all week, and you still lost weight (even after Game Night!), you are probably burning more calories than you think in your workouts! Keep it up!!
  • HASWLRS
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Okay, so February Week #2 starts today. My Question of the Week is "What did you do last week to contribute to your success? What can you do better this week to add to your success?"
  • Mariec1978
    Mariec1978 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Saturday February 10th

Tracking: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes...I have Comcast cable and checked out a couple of their free fitness videos On Demand. I did abs and arms. I have to say I didn't really like them, but it was way to cold to head outside for a walk and the roads were slushy/icy, so I didn't want to drive anywhere. I'm going to search for an app on my phone that has workouts for the entire body. I used to have an app that you could pick what kind of workout you wanted to do and it gave you options to choose from. Can't remember the name of it though.
  • Mariec1978
    Mariec1978 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Okay, so February Week #2 starts today. My Question of the Week is "What did you do last week to contribute to your success? What can you do better this week to add to your success?"

Hmm...that's a loaded questions because there is a lot I could do better with this week. I NEED to go to the gym and get in some really good workouts. I admit I have been avoiding the hard workouts for way too long. That is my goal this week. Workout longer and harder while being efficient with my time.
    The only thing I did last week was start tracking my food again, but I am okay with that. Actually measuring everything out and putting it in MFP is a step in the right direction. I need to continue that this week and maybe do a better job of staying inside my macros.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hey, @enyagoboom, I was just wondering why you chose 50 oz as your daily water target? The accepted minimum in the health and fitness world is 64 oz. I am not chastizing you, I am just curious!
  • HASWLRS
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I just realized I haven't answered my own question of the week! What I did last week to be successful is decide to stay. Not with this group, but another group where I am not a leader and therefore not contributing at all!! I offered to leave because I am not pulling my weight (pun intended!) and I received more than one, "no, don't do it" so I decided to stay. It feels like the pressure has been lifted off my shoulders, and now I can make baby steps to move forward more easily. So this week, logging my food and staying under my calories is my goal for success and moving forward.
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    February Week #2 Question of the Week
    1. What did you do last week to contribute to your success?
    About mid-week, I realized it was time to tweak. My logging, calorie counting and activity goals are becoming habit again. But my food choices weren't the best. So I started back focusing on other areas that needed to be brought back in line like sufficient sleep and avoiding processed food. I've also started limiting alcohol and I've added in some strength training. The change in my quality of sleep and how I feel has already improved. It's amazing the difference this makes for me.

2. What con you do better this week to add to your success?
    I can do a better job of planning my meals and my day.
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Sunday, Feb 11
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minutes walking
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Feb.11th - Mini Challenge

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, a 25 minute recovery day stretching video. I don't think it helped with my soreness though!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Don't forget Motivational Monday tomorrow....post those sayings that speak to you!! Or just cheer on your team mates!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    The results are in for February Week #1. The top three Big Butts were @my3boys424 1.42%, @dechensangmo3 1.39% and @Gwenfromnyc 1.28%. Well done, ladies!!
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Question of the Week[/b] is "What did you do last week to contribute to your success? What can you do better this week to add to your success?"

Logging meals and staying at or under MFP target (for 1.5lb/wk loss) has helped me consistently lose week to week over the past 5 weeks. I’ll be trying to drink more water this week as I passed a kidney stone last week.

Good luck to everyone on TBBT!
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Sunday, Feb 11
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minutes strength, 30 min yoga
    I barely barely made the calories today. We went out for lunch at a delicious Mexican place. We were almost the only ones speaking English in there. That’s how you know it’s good ;)
  • SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I started a half strict and half flexible plan this week. I think it's what I need. It's called "the military diet" where 3 days you eat what they have on plan, and the next 4 days whatever you would like, but don't go crazy. I definitely do make sure I get right around 1200 calories on those three days, but I could do so much better with my choices on the 4 days "off" the diet. I could also do better with more exercise and being more consistent with exercise.

Mini UAC Feb 11
    Tracking: not completely
    Calories: most likely over. We had a date night out on by our church and my goodness they had yummy foods that I'm not sure were low calorie. And a slice of cheesecake that was delightful. No regrets. Worth it. But time to jump back on track tomorrow and not let that one night hold me back.
    Exercise: absolutely no time for it today. Again, not sorry. But need to make time through out the rest of the week.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Feb 11th
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- I talked to my brother on the phone for about 45 mins and walked up and down my hall the whole time. Does that count?? ;)

Question of the week... Well today I was having a craving (I'm a stereotypical woman with PMS and I wanted some chocolate LOL) and I was able to control it and think about whether I was really hungry or not, and after realizing I wasn't I chewed some gum and distracted myself til the craving passed. That's big for me, so I'm hoping to remember that scenario for the rest of the week when a craving hits!
This discussion has been closed.