Options

Replies

• PlummerBecky
    PlummerBecky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ID: PlummerBecky
    Last Weeks Weight : 183.8
    This weeks weight 186.6 Tuesday Feb 20th

With a week of the ick behind me .. hoping to get back to exercising and eating right this week and carving off the weight that found its way back to me.

• MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Feb 20
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
    Exercise - Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVD - 4 Mile Super Challenge
    Steps - 23,212
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Weigh-in
    Previous weight: 185.3 lbs
    This week: 185.3 lbs

Seeing as your finger injury kind of messed up your week, I am sure you are happy with maintenance!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Feb 19
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
    Exercise - Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVD - 4 really big Miles
    Steps - 25.393

4 big miles indeed...look at that step total!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Monday, Feb 19
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes
    Exercise: Yes (30 minutes cardio, 10 minutes strength training)

Today wouldn't have happened a few months ago. I worked in my home office all day and then just wanted to eat and go chill in bed and watch TV. But then I remembered that I had tracked and was within my calories. 20 minutes of exercise isn't that much and I could find something to do for cardio that wouldn't kill me. That way I could log yeses here and in another similar challenge. But then I thought that 10 more minutes wouldn't be much more and that's the cardio goal I set for myself.

By the time that was done, I thought that 10 minutes of strength training isn't that much. I could do that. It's only 10 minutes and I would be able to get credit for meeting my personal daily exercise goal. About a month ago, I decided to just put a gym in our sunroom. Like why not? You may not see something like that in a home magazine, but it works. Anyway, my sons had been working out. My eldest is starting to work out (26 year old) and his younger brother (24) was happy to help him. The younger had done his workout earlier in the day. And I thought, well, they did their workouts. I can certainly do something for 10 minutes (trying to create the habit).

So, it may not seem like much to some. But to me it's huge that I saw it through and did it. Some days are easy. Today was a do it anyway day. :smiley:

I love this!! It is very inspiring. Yes, it doesn't have to be 90 minutes in the gym to be an effective workout and starting with a few minutes often leads to more because you are already there....might as well! And by making yourself do it, a habit is forming. No, Home and Garden may not be coming by to photograph your sunroom, but Fitness is!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    ID: PlummerBecky
    Last Weeks Weight : 183.8
    This weeks weight 186.6 Tuesday Feb 20th

With a week of the ick behind me .. hoping to get back to exercising and eating right this week and carving off the weight that found its way back to me.

I get it. Because you finally felt well enough to eat and enjoy food, you did just that!! Now back to the basics of logging and exercising for next week!
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Feb 20
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes, I was cleared by fracture clinic to do low impact/no gripping exercise, so I did 13 minutes doing the few weight training machines that didn't require any gripping and 28 minutes on the treadmill to do 2.6 miles. Oh, and a few minutes extra cardio as I forgot my glasses on the treadmill and had to run back from my car before the gym closed.

I fricken hate gym based cardio, but as I'm off skates I won't get my usual cardio in, so treadmill it is.
  • SAHNinja
    SAHNinja Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mini UAC Feb 20
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 minutes of light weight lifting. Heavy for me, light for others.
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I’ve been doing really well the last few days but now I’m worried as we get towards the weekend. We are heading to Perth on Friday (6hour plus drive in the car with 2 kids!) so no exercise that day. Probably won’t even hit my step goal. And then back again on Sunday. I guess all I can do is keep tracking what goes in my mouth. Gotta count for something right???
  • motheroftwins95
    motheroftwins95 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Feb 20

Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes (10,225 steps, 57 active minutes)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Feb 20
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes, I was cleared by fracture clinic to do low impact/no gripping exercise, so I did 13 minutes doing the few weight training machines that didn't require any gripping and 28 minutes on the treadmill to do 2.6 miles. Oh, and a few minutes extra cardio as I forgot my glasses on the treadmill and had to run back from my car before the gym closed.

I fricken hate gym based cardio, but as I'm off skates I won't get my usual cardio in, so treadmill it is.

Great workout. You may not have enjoyed it, but you did it!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Feb 20

Hey, nice to see you back at it!!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I’ve been doing really well the last few days but now I’m worried as we get towards the weekend. We are heading to Perth on Friday (6hour plus drive in the car with 2 kids!) so no exercise that day. Probably won’t even hit my step goal. And then back again on Sunday. I guess all I can do is keep tracking what goes in my mouth. Gotta count for something right???

Yep. You can still be on track if you are under your calories, with or without exercise!! Enjoy your getaway!!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, Feb 20
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 45 minutes walking
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Feb 20
    Tracking Y
    Calories N
    Exercise, Y 20min stair treadmill (or whatever it's called)

I was very snacky today for some reason, but I stopped myself before it got too out of hand (yay me!). Put me over my calories but I'm not bothered. I'm too proud of myself for doing 20 mins on the stairs! 11weeks ago, I struggled with 5min, so 20mins is pretty awesome! (yay me, again!)

5 minutes to 20 minutes....that's a NSV in the gym!!
  • motheroftwins95
    motheroftwins95 Posts: 594 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Feb 20

Hey, nice to see you back at it!!!!

Thanks. I'm going to try to make it two days in a row and then hopefully three days in a row, and so on (one day, one hour, one bite at a time). I really have not been sticking to my eating/posting plan and the weight is sneaking back up on me. MFP and this challenge (including HASWLRS and all BIG BUTT THEORY teammates) have been very good for me and I need to just get back to what works!
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'm going to try to make it two days in a row and then hopefully three days in a row, and so on (one day, one hour, one bite at a time). I really have not been sticking to my eating/posting plan and the weight is sneaking back up on me. MFP and this challenge (including HASWLRS and all BIG BUTT THEORY teammates) have been very good for me and I need to just get back to what works!

One foot in front of the other. We're here for you!
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    February 21
    Tracking- yes
    Calories - yes
    Exercise- yes (walk / jog 20 mins. on treadmill)
This discussion has been closed.