TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (February)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    I just realized I haven't tabulated the Mini Challenge results yet for last week. My bad! I will do it tonight after I get my steps in!!
  • my3boys424
    my3boys424 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Monday Steps 9229
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Challenge - Tuesday the 27th

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, 50 minute walk on the treadmill. More than I was going to do, but I had to stay to find out how Law & Order ended!!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, February 27
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minutes of gardening

• motheroftwins95
    motheroftwins95 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge

Monday - 4053
    Tuesday - 10463
  • motheroftwins95
    motheroftwins95 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Feb 27

Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes
    Exercise: yes (10,463 steps, 60 active minutes)
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Feb 27
    Exercise: yes, 30 min yoga and 30 min walk
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: not quite
    Steps: 5235

Does anyone think there is a difference between how different devices track steps and/or calories? Sometimes I wonder if my watch doesn’t give me enough steps or calories for what I do! Or maybe I think I’m working harder than I am! I feel like I should have a lot of steps just running after my kids all day, even without going on walks or doing workouts. Also, does exercise like yoga give me any steps or not? Sorry for all the questions!
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Feb 27
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise Y, 5min eliptical + 5min steps + 15min yoga + 20min Circuit Training
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    27/02
    Tracked - Yes; everything
    Water - Yes; 3.25Litres
    Calories - Yes; under calorie goal
    Exercise - Yes; 20mins quick at home

Plus daily weigh in is very encouraging :)
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Feb 27
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes, ran around like a blue tick fly trying to get my 9 year Old's bag packed for a few days away with school (only to find out that it's been rescheduled for 2 week's time due to the weather!)
    Steps 6043 (total for the week 16364, I think)

I also had a medical review yesterday, the doctor was impressed with my activity level, laughed at the number of broken bones that I have had since my last review, my asthma seems to be getting better, and noted how much weight I had lost since my last review. I also asked about my super long periods (lasted 31 days last time) and has prescribed me some progesterone only pills to go alongside my implant to hopefully stop my periods all together again.
  • Gwenfromnyc
    Gwenfromnyc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 I will not be continuing in March and have some people things I a dealing with. Thank you all for your support
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Tuesday steps: 17,936
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 I will not be continuing in March and have some people things I a dealing with. Thank you all for your support

@Gwenfromnyc. Not a problem. Thank you for letting me know. Hope all goes well for you.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - February Week #3 (Sun. the 18th to Sat. the 24th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @GardenMama129 - ALL SEVEN DAYS!!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @karynclarke (5)

Attempted:
    @MelsLeanDream (3)
    @primekayprime (3)
    @motheroftwins95 (2)
    @Nicoletime4me (2)
    @Rielyn (1)
    @SAHNinja (1)

Congratulations to @GardenMama129 for making the Winner's Circle with all seven days!! I went back and checked, and this streak of making the Winner's Circle started the 5th week of January, so that's four in a row!!! @karynclarke continued her Notable Effort, which is impressive considering she broke her finger!

@GardenMama129 is getting pretty lonely at the top. Who's going to join her this week?!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Tuesday steps - 15,706
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    holly2e wrote: »
    Feb 27
    Exercise: yes, 30 min yoga and 30 min walk
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: not quite
    Steps: 5235

Does anyone think there is a difference between how different devices track steps and/or calories? Sometimes I wonder if my watch doesn’t give me enough steps or calories for what I do! Or maybe I think I’m working harder than I am! I feel like I should have a lot of steps just running after my kids all day, even without going on walks or doing workouts. Also, does exercise like yoga give me any steps or not? Sorry for all the questions!

Great questions. I have never compared tracking devices, but others have and most do feel there is a difference between different devices. It stands to reason there would be. You would have to do a search online to find out what people think of your particular tracker. Unfortunately yoga will not give you a lot of steps and neither will weight lifting. Both of these do give you other health benefits, obviously, just not a lot of cardio.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Tuesday, February 27
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minutes of gardening

Your gardens must look fabulous!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    27/02
    Tracked - Yes; everything
    Water - Yes; 3.25Litres
    Calories - Yes; under calorie goal
    Exercise - Yes; 20mins quick at home

Plus daily weigh in is very encouraging :)

Everythings's looking good so far!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Feb 27
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes, ran around like a blue tick fly trying to get my 9 year Old's bag packed for a few days away with school (only to find out that it's been rescheduled for 2 week's time due to the weather!)
    Steps 6043 (total for the week 16364, I think)

I also had a medical review yesterday, the doctor was impressed with my activity level, laughed at the number of broken bones that I have had since my last review, my asthma seems to be getting better, and noted how much weight I had lost since my last review. I also asked about my super long periods (lasted 31 days last time) and has prescribed me some progesterone only pills to go alongside my implant to hopefully stop my periods all together again.

I have never heard of a blue tick fly, but you paint a pretty good picture!!! Congratulations on an overall great medical review (minus the numerous broken bones, of course!) and let's hope the progesterone offers some relief!
  • HASWLRS
    Options

Hoping that you get your people things straightened out in short order. Sorry to see you go, but totally understand. If you find things returning to some level of normalcy, come on back. You know where to find us!! (hugs)
This discussion has been closed.