Leslie Sansone March 2018 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
March (2018)

WELCOME to all walkers!

It is already March, 2018, and time to start a new monthly challenge! Spring is right around the corner, if not here already for some walkers! So let's make March another extraordinarily awesome month while we continue to walk each month together. There are still so many possibilities and opportunities for a healthy year, no matter what the first two months may have brought us so far this year.

Start overs are awaiting us each and every day, as well as every month, as we start yet another Monthly Challenge.

Are the trees beginning to leaf out, or are tiny flowers or bulbs peeking up through the snow for you, because March is coming in like a lamb? Then getting outdoors to walk your miles will ensure that we won't miss any spring flowers or the beautiful budding trees as they begin to announce spring is finally here. Walking outdoors is an important part of fitness walking, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes outdoors when possible.

Or if March is coming in like a lion where you live then having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, or on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs by other awesome instructors. We now have many opportunities to change it up when we use DVDs by other instructors. Please post when you discover other great DVDs so that we all can benefit from them also.

All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in. Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Or whatever your goal is this month, if it not in "miles/ minutes". This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goal to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in.

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p .

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are always awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now, no more chit chatting.... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into March! Can you believe it :o . It seems like we blinked and winter is almost gone away. Even if you have a snowflake or two still on your lashes ;)

Please join us as we turn yet another calendar page... and walk our way to a Happy and Healthy March.

Let's walk strong, and with the determination, as well as a smile on our faces :) !

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am in for 90 miles.
  • debbieled12
    debbieled12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    New month new goals. Let's do this.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    March Goal: 85 miles.

I hope the weather turns to spring so I can start getting some outside milage this month.

I saw my first Robin this morning in my yard and then it started to lightly snow. I *heart* Michigan.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    4.12/90

4.12 miles walked in the rain. That was refreshing.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Deeder522 wrote: »

I hope the weather turns to spring so I can start getting some outside milage this month.

I saw my first Robin this morning in my yard and then it started to lightly snow. I *heart* Michigan.

I guess my goal isn't good enough. My Apple Watch just challenged me to 98.2 miles this month.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    New to this group. So, I will do a combination of indoors and outdoors. Indoors (mostly at work) will be 120 minutes for the month. Outdoors, weather permitting, will be 240 minutes for the month.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options

LOL...Spring will be here soon...I promise.

Love your profile pic!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    vczK2t wrote: »
    New to this group. So, I will do a combination of indoors and outdoors. Indoors (mostly at work) will be 120 minutes for the month. Outdoors, weather permitting, will be 240 minutes for the month.

Welcome to the group!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options

I guess my goal isn't good enough. My Apple Watch just challenged me to 98.2 miles this month.

Ha-ha! :):D
  • AnnofB
    Options
    vczK2t wrote: »

Hello vczk2t. Glad you joined us.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @Deeder522, I also love your new profile pic! LOL so Apple upped your goal for you :laugh: !! When I lived in Pennsylvania the Robin was always our first hope for spring coming soon. I miss the Robins here.

@vczK2t, welcome! Very nice goals for you :) .

@PinkyPan1, Excellent goal! That is great that you enjoy walking in the rain :p .

March 1st: 2 miles - P.M. Walking with Debbie Rocker.

Walk Happy :smiley:

:flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    8.04/90

3.92 miles golfing this morning
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I’ve been thinking a lot about a March goal. I don’t want to set it too high or too low and I want to capture just my walking, not all the steps I take throughout the day that my Fitbit tracks.

So I’m setting a goal of 50 miles for March. I think that’s reasonable. 47 more miles to go!

Good luck to everyone. Let’s do this!

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    17.62/90

2 Mile Classic Walk
    7.58 miles golfing this afternoon.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    A lot of outside work around the house today which got me just under 5 miles.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I need to change strategies. I realize now that tracking the distance of every short walk I take (10 or 15 minutes, 3 to 5 times a day) and the cumulative total distance will drive me nuts. So instead, I’m going to just use my Fitbit and let it track my mileage. As such, I’m going to raise my goal to 60 miles in March, since that will include dedicated walks as well as just moving around.

Happy Sunday, Everyone!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    23.60/90

5.98 miles golfing this morning,
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    Just jumping back in.
    Goal: 6 days a week of Leslie Sansone. 3 days doing Burn 30, 3 days doing Firm 30 -- so Firm 30 isn't really walking...............

Today:
    March 4 - Burn 30 - Done.

Linda (Elbee1)
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    29.02/90

5.42 miles golfing this morning.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    3/5 2 miles of the 4 mile super challenge