Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

brittdee88
brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
I know, I know. This has to be the 100th thread I have created, but I am entering into a new chapter of my life, and I want to leave behind all kinds of clutter. That includes my old threads. I never would've imagined how quickly my life would become unrecognizable to me, but I am hoping to walk onto this new path with more focus and determination.
I am back to intuitive eating, which has naturally become OMAD with a small snack if needed (according to hunger). I will stick with this until I hit my goal weight, which I have adjusted to 130. I have been through so many unexpected changes, and my body and mind are crying out for some sort of stability. This is the last weight loss thread I will create, and no matter how long it takes, I am sticking to it until I am on the other side. I owe it to the little girl of my past, who was taught to both fear food and hate her body, to finally triumph.
I am not going to create a bunch of plans as I have in the past - I am going to listen completely to my body and its complex brilliance. I have no restrictions with the exception of limiting my meat intake to fish and poultry, the latter of which I reintroduced into my diet a couple of weeks ago for financial purposes. I am not going to decide now whether or not I will have splurge days or low carb days or anything of that nature. I am officially going with the flow, and I am optimistic that following that current will lead me to my physical and mental best.
Here's to starting anew and more importantly, finishing.

Replies

• brittdee88
    edited March 2018
    Day 1 (3/15): 155 lbs

Intake
    3-course OMAD:
    Small salad
    Roasted chicken, carrots, potatoes, and onions
    Chocolate dipped banana slices
    Glass of red
    IE addition:
    ~3/4 of a ruby red grapefruit with a spoon of trail mix

I live in a cozy studio cottage with a kitchenette now...
    h6ve3327f0sd.jpg
    ...so I make all of my meals in either my Instant Pot or toaster oven. It has actually been enjoyable to do so - a lot less cleanup and fuss.
    I have always enjoyed smaller spaces and minimalism, so this new place has been just what the doctor ordered. It's amazingly peaceful and surrounded by greenery, fountains, and natural light. I can heal here.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    That does look very peaceful.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    I like minimalism and smaller spaces. What part of the country is this from? It looks so nice.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Your place looks very serene. I hope you can get to your happy place, it sounds like you have a great plan in place. Thanks for commenting on my thread as well! Hope you have a successful re-start!
    Happy Friday!
  • brittdee88
    Thank you so much, everyone!
    I live in South Florida, Jim :)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Thank you so much, everyone!
    I live in South Florida, Jim :)
    OK cool, I'm considering a move to the south in search of warm weather. Someday.
  • brittdee88
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    OK cool, I'm considering a move to the south in search of warm weather. Someday.

Best thing I've EVER done. I love the idea/look of snow and the four seasons, but I was downright miserable outside of late spring and summer when I was living in the mountains and the Northeast. Now I only experience the parts of the year when I was happiest, and my mood has improved exponentially with the ability to be outside in the sun year-round. At this point, all moves will be lateral (though I will have to go north first in order to move west!) -- I am never going back to the cold.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Hi, Britt! Sending you hugs and happy vibes. :) A lot of what you wrote resonates with me, so I'm looking forward to cheering you on towards your goal! <3

Also, lucky girl @ living in South Florida. My sister lives outside of Destin, and I can't help but look forward to seeing her (since it means trips to the beach, hehe).
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Oh I'm so jealous that you're in sunny warm Florida and also of your tiny cozy home!
  • brittdee88
    Thanks so much, Sunny and Brenda! I absolutely love living here, and I will probably be here for a little while, even after graduation (which says a lot considering I have moved 6 times in the past 10 years).
  • brittdee88
    edited March 2018
    Day 2 (3/16): 152.2 lbs | 2.8/25 pounds gone!

Intake
    5354f8rkkvgw.jpg

I made today's meal slightly larger to see if it would help keep hunger at bay. It seems to have worked, as I ended up eating to fullness instead of satiety, which should keep me from needing a snack later.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Mmmm, tomatoes and cucumber! Looks so good, Britt. :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Your place looks great!

One thing I might recommend with the intuitive eating. Just make sure you are getting nutritious foods in and enough protein. I usually eat those things whether I feel like it or not and the rest is intuitive eating for me in my eating window. I think you do eat nutritious foods so that probably isn't a problem for you but it is very important IMO.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Nice loss Britt :)
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, Sunny! I love them both, especially cucumbers. I would eat one everyday if I could.

Bob, you are 100% right. I do try to make sure I eat a good balance, and I definitely try to favor protein as much as possible. I'm not 100% compliant with the IE lifestyle because I don't just eat whatever I am craving (because that would just be gluten-free pizza and cake 99.9% of the time), but I wait until I am hungry and eat foods that I know I will enjoy and will make me feel good, and I stop when I am sated. Sometimes I do eat exactly what I'm craving, but it's definitely not a regular thing.

Thanks, Brenda! None lost today, but I am hopeful for tomorrow.
  • tlblanksfit
    That meal looks delicious and should definitely hold you over. I was just given a whole slew of leg quarters. I plan on marinating some in a teriyaki sauce and baking for dinner tonight.
  • brittdee88
    @tlblanksfit It definitely did! I didn't need a snack yesterday. Teriyaki sounds amazing, and you really cannot go wrong with it. The thighs are my favorite part - so flavorful and cheap! I just picked up 4 organic thighs for less than $5 the other day, which is the main reason I reintroduced chicken into my diet. I am either planning shrimp and jollof quinoa or going to Panera for dinner tonight. I haven't decided yet how lazy I want this Saturday to be.
  • tlblanksfit
    Thighs are my favorite too. Both dinner options sound great so you can't go wrong either way. Enjoy your Saturday.
  • brittdee88
    You, too, and to everyone else who may be reading!
  • brittdee88
    Day 3 (3/17): 152.2 lbs | 2.8/25 pounds gone!

kdxi2max8qd8.jpg

Ate a little earlier today, as I started getting hungry around 4 PM. It's funny because I had settled on 4 PM as my OMAD time in the past, and it served me pretty well back then. Maybe this time will stick again.