Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 3

Options

Replies

• 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Are you still ending up with a decent calorie deficit at the end of the day? For me, no matter how low my carb count, 1800 cals/day would cause me to gain. We’re all different, so I’m not suggesting that you reduce your intake if that’s what you need. I just know that, for me, if I wasn’t losing, that would be why.
  • Koso2006
    Koso2006 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yes. Around 500 per day. It just depends on how much activity I do. Even when the scale isn't moving for me, my clothes show a difference.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling stuck in a "one step forward- three steps back" pattern that has me feeling so unmotivated. Also feeling like I'm crab walking with my efforts...not that any of this is bad- because progress is progress and changes are not linear- it's just that linear progess makes me feel so much better. It just does.

Everyday I just keep at it. One of these days I'm hoping it gets a little easier or a little more exciting and rewarding...but for now it's just sheer stubbornness that keeps me going at all.

Next up..the Vernal Equinox!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Ummm. Sorry about the ice.
    I got my tomatoes (7 plants) and peppers (10 Anaheim chilie, 2 cubanella bells, and 6 jalapeños) planted. I’m planting my beans tomorrow even though I think I’m late getting them in, same with the lettuce. But I’ll plant them anyway.

Been watching grandkids all week for spring break. Then 3 for the weekend so their parents can have an anniversary trip. Getting up with a baby at night has been a killer. I’m too old for this! Keto has gone out the window for the week. Just no way with watching picky eater kids and lack of sleep.

Double admiration for those of you doing this with families not on the same diet!
  • utdiva77
    utdiva77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Koso2006 wrote: »
    I have been at 1500 calories or less everyday. No longer have a cycle. Might be exercise related as I started back up with strength training. The thing is it is not just in a day or a week...I just keep loosing and regaining the same 3-4 pounds over and over again and the same 4-6 inches over and over again since January. Time to shake things up!!!!

One thing I would also suggest is not eating back any exercise calories. It is soooo hard for me to do if I see that I burned so many on my watch, but it always creates a stall for me. If I go over a bit I don't sweat it, but I don't necessarily eat what I burn. Good luck!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    I'm feeling stuck in a "one step forward- three steps back" pattern that has me feeling so unmotivated. Also feeling like I'm crab walking with my efforts...not that any of this is bad- because progress is progress and changes are not linear- it's just that linear progess makes me feel so much better. It just does.

Everyday I just keep at it. One of these days I'm hoping it gets a little easier or a little more exciting and rewarding...but for now it's just sheer stubbornness that keeps me going at all.

Next up..the Vernal Equinox!

@elize7 - Please remember that every day you don't gain 3-5 or more pounds back overnight, your body is still working heckuva hard on keeping your long term weight losses under control. So many people GAIN IT ALL BACK. Even your upswings haven't been that complete, so still give yourself some credit... All the hugs.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,145 Member
    Options
    Me too! April is my challenge month for being mindful of eating Keto! I will also weigh, measure and log!
  • 4031isaiah
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Same! I joined the April challenge and I have committed to doing what’s best for my body! Not my tastebuds! My tastebuds have been in control for too long and look where it’s gotten me! ... lose a few... gain a few... lose a few...
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @4031isaiah goodness I know that swing! :)
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I had a 5 lb. weight loss goal for March. I've accomplished .5 pound. I'll take it. It's been a stressful month. If I keep up this pace in 10 months I'll have that five pounds gone. lol

I guess my real goal now is to not look like a beached killer whale in my wetsuit in a month when we go diving.....
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Maintenence is a bit trickier for me but I'm still at it! I'll never stop.

Elize I might not always comment but I do always read your posts and I am inspired by your persistence, tenacity, and perseverance. We all go through ups and downs in both weight and motivation and I really appreciate seeing your long term commitment - always circling back to that place of dedication.

:)

Ditto!
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I returned to keto about a month ago. I only started tracking my weight around the 20th of March. However, it seems that I am losing VERY slowly if at all. I have been bouncing between 181 and 182 since that time with the exception of my time of month, which was about 3 pounds higher. I know the whole cico and tracking macros routine. I have a food scale. I have some days of being over my caloric limit by 50 or so calories and some below by 100 or more. I hit my protein goal and keep my carbs to 25 and below net. I guess I'm just looking for a boost because I am so close to giving up (again).
  • sbryanthc
    sbryanthc Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started Keto for the 3rd time back in Dec-Jan and then fell off the bandwagon. But I am back at it for the 4th time and I’m already on day 8 going on 9 so I’m feeling the effects and hunger suppression. It’s easier to resist sweets because my sister is doing it with me (I got her into it and she’s loving how she feels as well as the weightloss and she’s already losing inches which she sees as more of a success). I just need reminders to drink water. It’s like I drink a lot at the beginning to help with headaches and keto flu and then I slow down and barely remember to drink any. Does anyone have a way to Force themselves to drink more water? Even before keto I never really drank anything unless I was thirsty but never soda or juice.
  • sbryanthc
    sbryanthc Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    asgentr wrote: »
    I returned to keto about a month ago. I only started tracking my weight around the 20th of March. However, it seems that I am losing VERY slowly if at all. I have been bouncing between 181 and 182 since that time with the exception of my time of month, which was about 3 pounds higher. I know the whole cico and tracking macros routine. I have a food scale. I have some days of being over my caloric limit by 50 or so calories and some below by 100 or more. I hit my protein goal and keep my carbs to 25 and below net. I guess I'm just looking for a boost because I am so close to giving up (again).

Hi girl. I’m far from an expert on keto but I did realize that while I was on medication for depression I would see my scale just go up or never moving. I decided to kick the meds and I am actually feeling so much better without them. I found that even something as small as a pill can affect ketosis and stuff. What day are you on? I would maybe try to lower your carbs even more just to kick start the weightloss again. I sometimes eat 15g of carbs or less. Today I did 23g but it’s rare that I ever go past 20g. And maybe going back to the basics would help, I dunno if you have fancy dinners or keto mocks of your favorite carby foods like ice cream and stuff, but cutting that for a while may help. Good luck and don’t give in!! You won’t regret it. What’s your calorie intake? And macros?
  • AliEmoXxOo
    AliEmoXxOo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow so can I just talk about how much energy I have??? Just finished up my first week of keto, and it wasn't perfect, but overall really good. The first few days I was so tired, that I honestly thought the extra energy thing was just going to be a myth! Honestly, I'm usually tired and sleepy on my weekends off and never get much done even though I want to...not this weekend though! I've been cleaning like a mad woman and I don't feel tired or worn out at all! Definitely makes me happy that I decided to do keto and I really feel like it's something I'll stick with.
This discussion has been closed.