Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Alex. 4 days into OMAD and while there have been a few challenges I love it so far. Started an accountability thread this morning. Looking forward to chatting with and learning from all of you!

P.S. Yes, I use a lot of exclamations!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi everyone! I'm Alex. 4 days into OMAD and while there have been a few challenges I love it so far. Started an accountability thread this morning. Looking forward to chatting with and learning from all of you!

Welcome Alex, I use a lot of exclamations too!!! :p
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Welcome Fiona, Michael, Alex!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hello! I just found out about OMAD fasting yesterday, and have tried everything else to lose weight and feel better, so why not, something that would make me less of a slave to the kitchen, and wouldn't have to eat in my car. I am a courier and drive 10 plus hours a day. well, I have also had a problem of getting extremely sleepy around 2-4 PM and always having to pull over and take short naps to get my energy back up, really cuts into my productivity, and can be dangerous too, yikes! well, I have been eating like four times a day, and was afraid to go long without eating, thought it would make me too hungry and overeat. but the last two days, I worked all day and ate my only meal after work, and both days during the fast, I did feel somewhat hungry, but it was not near as bad as i thought it would be. but the big difference is both days, i did not have any sleepiness at all, had no need of a nap, and had noticeably more energy! Now it was only 2 days, so could have been coincidence, but i am excited to see if this continues. If so, this will be an even bigger benefit than losing the 50 pounds I want to lose! I will also be mad though, only because i didn't find out about this long ago hahahaha
    ~Michael Thompson

I never have afternoon crashes while fasting but if I eat a lunch I will which then forces me to go for more sugar and/or caffeine to make it through the day and that contributes to the weight gain. I rarely even take a lunch break anymore at work and just work through it and I have no problems with energy while fasting. It is a great thing! Your not on the blood sugar roller coaster while fasting and your running off of fat which keeps the energy levels constant. Lots of people experience this.
  • blambo61
    Welcome all!
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Welcome Michael :) I used to eat OMAD years ago and was told it was bad for me so I stopped, ha what did they know!!! Good luck!

Thanks Brendalea! How long did you do OMAD? what were your results? what did they tell you that convinced you it was bad for you?

• DarthWaderMT

Cool, looking forward to updates! good luck!

• DarthWaderMT
    Jim_fbr wrote: »

Thanks Jim!
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Jim_fbr wrote: »

Thanks Jim
    Wishing the best of luck to Michael and Alex!
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome Michael :) I used to eat OMAD years ago and was told it was bad for me so I stopped, ha what did they know!!! Good luck!

Thanks Brendalea! How long did you do OMAD? what were your results? what did they tell you that convinced you it was bad for you?

They told me it would ruin my metabolism but now I know that's not true.

Check out my threads, one is called Brenda' s OMAD Journey and the other is called Brenda's Maintenance Journal
  • DarthWaderMT
    edited March 2018

They told me it would ruin my metabolism but now I know that's not true.

Check out my threads, one is called Brenda' s OMAD Journey and the other is called Brenda's Maintenance Journal

sure! do you have a link? i don't know how to find it. Thanks

edit... I found it, i will give it a look, thanks again

• DarthWaderMT
    blambo61 wrote: »

I never have afternoon crashes while fasting but if I eat a lunch I will which then forces me to go for more sugar and/or caffeine to make it through the day and that contributes to the weight gain. I rarely even take a lunch break anymore at work and just work through it and I have no problems with energy while fasting. It is a great thing! Your not on the blood sugar roller coaster while fasting and your running off of fat which keeps the energy levels constant. Lots of people experience this.

Awesome! I am almost done with my third day of fasting, and same results, no sleepiness, and got stuff done! thanks for sharing! How long have you been at it now?

• blambo61
    edited March 2018

Awesome! I am almost done with my third day of fasting, and same results, no sleepiness, and got stuff done! thanks for sharing! How long have you been at it now?

I started 06 Sept 2015. SW was 252. I lost quickly, then did maint for about a 1.5-years I think (16:8 protocol), and recently have been trying to lose some more (CW is 193 which is my lowest since I started this). I've experienced a lot of benefits besides more energy; better blood sugar numbers, better blood panel numbers, blood pressure is good now, and I don't snore at night anymore. I also am able to do some good workouts that would have gotten me sick before for sure putting in the same level of effort. I think I'm much more healthy and am in much better shape now. Only drawback is I've had to buy new clothes a couple of times but I've more than made up for that with not spending a lot of money on lunches! It has all been good!
  • DarthWaderMT

Wow, those are some great long term results, quite impressive, thanks !!

• vaughnche
    vaughnche Posts: 10 Member
    Hey I'm Che. As I mentioned in another thread, I found OMAD while I was doing an extended prayer fast. I was basically searching around for some inspiration and came across the concept of intermittent fasting.I knew right away OMAD was for me. It fits my schedule perfectly, and after an extended fast, one meal a day seemed pretty luxurious.

It still seems luxurious, to be honest. I often feel like I'm overeating, even though I come in under my TDEE. I'm also keto, and the high fat content keeps me from getting hungry. Overall I love OMAD and I don't think I ever want to go back to all-day eating.

I went started OMAD on February 23, at 235 lbs. Currently 224. And already I'm seeing incredible health improvements. I'm 5'5" and I'm not sure about a goal weight.

My OMAD is around 8 in the morning. I work the night shift, and I generally eat after I've run my morning errands and have done my chores.
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Hello and welcome to Fiona, Michael, Alex, and Che. Welcome to OMAD and to the group! Good luck and keep it up.
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome Che :)
  • cali_rose213
    cali_rose213 Posts: 47 Member
    Hi, my name is Rose. I started OMAD two weeks ago and lost 10 lbs. I absolutely love OMAD. It's amazing.
    Height-5'4
    SW- 145
    CW- 135
    GW- 125
  • Brendalea69
    Welcome Rose, you don't have far to go :)
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Hello and welcome to Fiona, Michael, Alex, and Che. Welcome to OMAD and to the group! Good luck and keep it up.

Thank you so much @bandwidthbandit ! Love your username BTW!