• GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Goblue81
    Week4
    Previous week: 170
    This week: 170
    Weigh in day: Friday

No movement again by Friday, was down early in the week which was exciting because it's been s couple years since I've cracked the 160's...but stabilized again by Friday. Hoping heading to physical therapy for my shoulder helps some and I can break through my last plateau and then stick to maintenance. I'm only about 5lbs from where I'd like to maintain so my motivation is waning but I'd like to get there so I have some cushion with my weekly ebbs and flows that don't involve anything above where I am now!
  • Asturiah
    Asturiah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Username: Asturiah
    Weigh In Week: Week 4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 136
    Current Weight: 134.7
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    GoBlue1981 wrote: »
    Goblue81
    Week4
    Previous week: 170
    This week: 170
    Weigh in day: Friday

No movement again by Friday, was down early in the week which was exciting because it's been s couple years since I've cracked the 160's...but stabilized again by Friday. Hoping heading to physical therapy for my shoulder helps some and I can break through my last plateau and then stick to maintenance. I'm only about 5lbs from where I'd like to maintain so my motivation is waning but I'd like to get there so I have some cushion with my weekly ebbs and flows that don't involve anything above where I am now!

@GoBlue1981. The last 5 is always the hardest. But it can be done. I also believe you can do it.

Tips to help break through:
    • Double check your history (calories, exercise). Compare this against the calculator. If out by less than 10%, then maybe you need to do a brief push (to shake things up - 3 days at 250-500 calories below what you are currently at before back to plan).
    • Check size (chest, waist, hips). It could be that you are reducing size, but retaining water. In which case you are likely in line for a small woosh.
    • Spend a few days drinking a little more water than normal and getting more sleep (if possible). Most people respond well to more sleep and and more water when trying to encourage scale movement when everything else is running according to plan.
    • Experiment with macro composition (more or less protein, more or less fat, more of less carbs, but keep similar daily calories). See if this changes things around. Some people work better on higher protien, some on higher fat.
    • If eyeballing portion size measurements for tracking, go back to weighing portions for a week. Could be your portion estimations have slipped slightly and you are estimating slightly on the high side.

Hope these tips help.
  • GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thanks @craigo3154 I definitely think macros could make a big difference. I'm definitely not getting enough water these days either despite that being all I drink (other than my breakfast smoothie). Biggest issue for me is just the motivation to kick it into gear and not settle with where I am!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Username: emmclean
    Weigh-in week: Week 4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous week's weight: 202
    Current weight: 202

Definitely a better week, still less disciplined than I have been in previous months but feel like I'm getting back there so hopefully I'll see a loss next week. Right, time to work out!
  • JessieCanDoThis
    JessieCanDoThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    March 23rd
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes

Went back to the gym today and walked 30 min on the treadmill and did 30 min of a stair glider (I’m not sure of the name of the machine). I also did a 20 min walk on my lunch break. Burned 587 calories. Today I feel a little tired but I get awesome last night from my workout! I’m not going to do the same thing all the time when I go.
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Username: MoyMG
    Week: 4
    Weigh day: Friday
    Previous week: 273.8
    Current weight: 273.4

Back from Orcas Island vacation on Thur/Fri, plus taking the Seniors to see the snow geese on Wednesday, and able to get down to it again. I've decided to go back to strict basics with the gastric bypass pre-surgery diet for two weeks, to break this plateau. I believe in set points, and I believe my body has happily set into a familiar weight - though it is from twenty years ago! But I weighed right around this weight for at least 10 years, so it is familiar. I will break past this plateau!

While on Orcas, I had a massage; what a treat!
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Username: reanna143
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: saturday
    Previous Weight: 202
    Todays Weight: 202 lbs
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Username: TypingToaster
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 299
    Todays Weight: 294.4
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    March 23rd
    Exercise: 6km run

Hit a new PB pace today, edging closer to a 30min 5k!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    March 24:
    Exercise: yes (10k steps, yoga)

I downgraded my calorie deficit today. I am eating at a steady rate, without eating back exercise calories, and was still working off the goals I set when I was walking almost half as much, without yoga or strength. I will probably continue to eat closer to the old goals for a couple more days, then use the new goals as wiggle room over vacation.
  • szymanskicolleen
    szymanskicolleen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Previous weight:143
    Current weight:143
    I'm stuck :(
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Previous weight:143
    Current weight:143
    I'm stuck :(

@szymanskicolleen. Would you like some help here? There are a few things that can be done to work through a plateau.

You can either PM me ( @craigo3154. ) or we can work through the Gutbusters forum so others can see the process (if you would like my assistance).

Some of my history (in case you missed it along the way), I am 49, happily married and father to a beautiful teenage daughter. Last year I researched weight loss and worked my way down from 201 lbs (near obese) to 145 lbs (centre of BMI normal and 9% body fat) over a 6 month period. I won this biggest loser 2 consecutive months in 2017 (July/August) and took over the running of the competition in January this year. I have been in full maintenance since October 2017 and have maintained 145 lbs for the last 5+ months. I am passionate about helping people attain healthy weight targets and maintaining them in a sustainable way.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Message for all team members:
    @GoBlue1981.
    @brunchowl.
    @concordancia.
    @eevang.
    @jackswife1207.
    @mollymom07.
    @westray16.
    @CHRISTINAGILLETTE.
    @Suly09.
    @aeloine.
    @inshapeCK.
    @JessieCanDoThis.
    @dropitlikeitshottt.
    @jenjournaljunkie.
    @parinzz.
    @Stimpy56.
    @abbynsydneysmom.
    @alydanbeads.
    @fe452436.
    @MoyMG.
    @szymanskicolleen.
    @tdrjustus3.
    @typeitdaily.
    @ACSL3.
    @Asturiah.
    @emmclean.
    @Reanna143.
    @TypingToaster.

This is the last week of the March Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the April challenge.

The March challenge thread is:
    TEAM: GUTBUSTERS (April) ( http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10653911/team-gutbusters-april#latest )
    If you wish not to participate next month, please message the team captain or myself ( @craigo3154. )

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • craigo3154
    Options
    March 25
    Exercised?: Yes. Setup and pack-up drone race course and 6km walk in 46 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Busy day. Both FVP drone competition and regular walk. 18,500 steps today.

Drone competition went well. Top 10 out of 20+ competitors. Very windy. May have been slowest, but was probably the most consistent. Most competitors are under 30 as reaction time and fearlessness are requirements to fast flying. However, "To finish first, you must first finish." :)

Still in budget despite BBQ (and soda) for lunch and pizza for dinner. Healthier food tomorrow :)

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for March 25 is push ups

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • jenjournaljunkie
    jenjournaljunkie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is proof that recording what you eat does help. Just do it.
    Last week 184.8
    This week 188.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    This is proof that recording what you eat does help. Just do it.
    Last week 184.8
    This week 188.

@jenjournaljunkie. Too true.

My wife suggested pizza last night because she did not feel like cooking (and had a desire for it). I had had an energetic day so I though well why not. However I have a low gluten diet (I like the taste of breads, but I know what effect it has on my digestion from tracking - not catastrophic, but I usually do better without than with).

I was still well inside my daily calorie budget.

Yesterday morning: 141.8.
    This morning: 143.5 (+1.7 lbs).

I know that if I keep away from bread and keep to my 2000 calories per day (advantage of being male, you get more calories per day in the budget) that the almost 2 lbs difference in a day will go in the next 2. No extra work required.

Tracking lets you find what works for you.

Accountability (having to share with others what you did), helps give you that second thought of "Do I really want the consequences of this?".
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    March 25:
    Exercise: yes (walking at the zoo)

I love the zoo, but I have learned that even without a watch, I have a 5 hour limit, including the down time for lunch.
  • slofitness1978
    slofitness1978 Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Username: mollymom07
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 155lbs
    Todays Weight: 154lbs
This discussion has been closed.