Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @tlblanksfit! I am excited and can't wait to get to goal!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Britt,
    What an accomplishment! You are an inspiration! KUTGW!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, @dkayingram! I am feeling really, really good!
  • brittdee88
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Today's weigh-in: 145.8!!!!!! I have not seen this number since I dropped almost 50 pounds with keto in 2013-2014! I am almost 10 pounds down since I began 11 days ago!
    To be fair, I know almost 7 was water weight gain from stress and overeating since I was holding pretty steady at 148.2 from mid-February to early March now that I am reviewing my weight journal. However, 2.4 "real" pounds in less than two weeks definitely works for me because I have been averaging around a 2-lb loss per month overall. My Trendweight finally has me reaching goal this year again (by December 2018), but I am not-so-secretly hoping to reach it by July so that I can maintain for two months and begin body recomp with the new school year.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Way to go Britt!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you! lot's of victories this weekend!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thank you so much, ladies!
    I am already mentally preparing for a bump-up tomorrow after today's indulgent meal (planning on nachos or taco salad like @sammygold2015!), but I know it likely won't put me back in the 150s, and I can and will get back down!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Britt, you're doing terrific! You are going to zoom past these 140s. <3<3<3
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 12 (3/26): 145.8 lbs | 9.2/25 pounds gone! Over 36% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 149.5

l4rv2sp20hjf.jpg

Not pictured: cup of coffee

Another early meal today because I will be in the research office until tonight and don't really like to stop and eat once I get into a productive groove.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    This is your month Britt, Congrats!!! :):):)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, @Brendalea69! I wish this rate of loss would stick around forever so I could magically reach goal in a couple of weeks and be done :D At least Trendweight has me reaching goal in August now after today's weigh-in, though!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    August will be here before you know it :)
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yummy food!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Day 13 (3/27): 145.6 lbs | 9.4/25 pounds gone! Over 37% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 149.1

I woke up super hungry yesterday and figured that since I wouldn't have access to a scale (or the psychological burden of dealing with fluctuations) today, I made yesterday my splurge day. I was planning to just have one splurge meal as originally planned, but the meal I ordered ended up being much smaller than expected when it arrived, and it didn't even get me to the point of satiation. I ended up eating whatever I craved throughout the course of the day as hunger arose in about an 8-hour window, so I suspect I gained the 3-5 I usually do after a splurge day. I'm on an overnight trip away from home, so I guess I will see the damage during tomorrow's weigh-in! I think the fact that I am firmly out of the 150s has taken away a lot of stress, but I still want to make sure I am making good progress. I head out for fieldwork in LA in mid-June for 6 weeks, and I am not sure I will have access to a scale while gone. I am really hoping to be fairly close to 135 by then so that if I happen to regain some weight, I will still come back home in the 140s. I imagine I will continue losing as I have no plans to abandon OMAD, but it will be nice to have some cushion.
  • brittdee88
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Day 14 (3/28): No weigh-in

1xmse1wu9ohd.jpg

Doesn't look like all that much, but it's a riceless ( :'( ) burrito bowl with chicken, pinto beans, queso, and all of the salsas. I ate half with a handful of chips, 3 mini chocolate bars, and a mandarin orange.

I am starting to experience hunger earlier in the day, which I think might be related to the fact that I am doing a lot of walking around campus now that I am back from spring break. I usually drive to my evening classes for safety purposes, but I walk quite a bit for my morning and afternoon classes as they are on opposite ends of campus, and I think that might be causing my hunger spikes around 1 or 2 now. I am actually preferring that now because it leaves me free to work after evening classes completely uninterrupted. That is definitely welcome now that it's busy season again.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    It still looks yummy even without the rice :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Welp... I got hungry again just now and finished my bowl and chips... *sigh* This is annoying.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Is it real physical hunger? How are you on your water?
  • brittdee88
    Options
    It wasn't. I'm still drinking 1-2 gallons a day as I always have, but I should've done what I always need to do after a splurge day - have a "healthy" OMAD the next day. For whatever reason, when I splurge and then try to get back to OMAD with more indulgent type foods, my mind seems to rebel. I've noticed over time that trying to eat the more indulgent foods while simultaneously lowering my calories the next day seems to trigger something in me psychologically. That's why I was saying in some thread that the only way I can make splurges work is if I get right back to normal the next day as if it didn't happen at all. I wasn't really thinking today, or I would've made a different choice for my meal. My personality can be very dualistic in many respects - very all or nothing - and my body seems to be the same way. I will be back on track with my normal OMAD meals tomorrow, and that should put an end to this. I'm somehow still hoping to be under 150 tomorrow, but I am not holding my breath. I know two days of splurging usually results in 5-7-pound gains for me.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Just shake it off and get back to OMAD like you said. Good Luck today :)