TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (April)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Bettyboag wrote: »
    Hi All

Sorry I am late to say hi! Easter has been a busy time and not so good for the waistline!!!

I am the heaviest I have ever been and feel overwhelmed by this fact. I really need to focus on losing weight and not give in to temptations.

I look forward to being part of this group. Wishing everyone all the best

Hi, Betty, and welcome to the team. Yes, it really isn't fair that we should start a weight loss competition right before a holiday long weekend that involves good food and chocolate!! I hope that being part of this group will motivate you to reach your goals!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Good morning everybody! My name is Karla and I'm 55 years old.
    My highest weight recorded was 400 lbs in 1993. Traveling around the USA and doing a lot of walking (no diet) dropped to 350 lbs and stayed there until about 2 years ago.(was not dieting or really trying to lose weight) just a lot more active than I am now.
    Around 2016? It dropped again to 284 lbs where I've been fluctuating back and forth between 300 and 284 lbs.
    I joined mfp about 21/2 weeks ago, when I finally decided I really want to lose this weight permanently. Within the first few days I dropped 11.2 lbs.
    I do have some physical issues health problems my feet aren't very good I can walk a little in my home but have to use a power wheelchair outside my home I do exercise in my home the best I can a lot of low impact exercises and I can stand for a little while before I hurt so I try to do exercises to strengthen my arms and my legs.

Week 1-Aprils first weigh in. (Mondays)
    HSW: 284.2 (weight joined mfp)
    Previous weight: 273
    Today's weight: 271

Wow, thank you for also sharing a bit more of your back story!! This is your first time actively trying to diet and lose weight and so far you seem to have figured it out!! Two pounds this week....a great loss and at a great rate that can be sustainable!! Your body will thank you in so many ways for continuing on this journey! I hope we can be a source of motivation for you!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    April 1
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes
    Tracked yes
    It was freezing outside so I did allot of indoor exercises aerobics cardio. Lifting weights too

Good for you for not letting the cold weather be an excuse!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: MelsLeanDream
    Weigh in week: April Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 217
    Current Weight: 212

Is that a typo, or did you really lose five pounds this week?!! Fantastic!!!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: GardenMama129
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 159
    Todays Weight: 159

Given how my past week has been, I was actually happy to see that I hadn't gained this morning! I look forward to posting better numbers during April and beyond. :smile:

No gain, still in the 150's....a great place to start April!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Username: thedestar
    Weigh in day: Mon
    Previous Week's weight: 162.5
    Todays Weight:162.0

I wasn't planning on taking yesterday "off" but the day just got away from me so I guess I'm using all my passes!

Firstly, congratulations on losing half a pound last week!! Don't beat yourself up about yesterday...it was a holiday Sunday, after all!! Yes, you can still be in the Winner's Circle with one pass day!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I hope I didn't miss anybody....I'm typing, you're typing. It's crazy busy, but a good crazy busy!!! Loving this energy so far!!
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I apologize for missing the last weigh in for March, it was not a great month for me at all. Personal issues derailed me. I am so ready to get back to tracking everything and continuing to lose weight. Tonight my ball hockey starts back up, I'm super excited because I haven't played since December. I have 2 games this week so that means I will at least get in 2 days of exercise. Yay!

I love spring...bring on the warm weather!

Accountability April 1st
    Calories N
    Tracking Y
    Exercise N
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Rielyn wrote: »
    I apologize for missing the last weigh in for March, it was not a great month for me at all. Personal issues derailed me. I am so ready to get back to tracking everything and continuing to lose weight. Tonight my ball hockey starts back up, I'm super excited because I haven't played since December. I have 2 games this week so that means I will at least get in 2 days of exercise. Yay!

I love spring...bring on the warm weather!

Accountability April 1st
    Calories N
    Tracking Y
    Exercise N

Glad you are ready to come back and give April a run for its money!! Look, you even logged your food on Easter Sunday!! Ball hockey is a great work out!!! Yay for spring!!
  • Addie378
    Addie378 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well, I went a little over on calories, but at least it was a little!
    April 1st
    Calories- no
    Tracking- yes
    Exercise- yes
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Addie378 wrote: »
    Well, I went a little over on calories, but at least it was a little!
    April 1st
    Calories- no
    Tracking- yes
    Exercise- yes

Let's see.... it was a holiday Sunday, so you're forgiven!!! Only a little? That's way better than me, and probably way better than most!!
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    This is awesome guys! So proud to be apart of this team!!
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    March Grand Finale Results......drum roll please!!!

The team that lost 124.7 pounds, which was 2.14%, and placed first over the second place team by 0.12% was Team The Big Butt Theory!!!! WooHoooo!!! So excited for you guys!!! You did awesome!!!

Overall Individual Winner for March was......drum roll please

Our very own @VintageGeek42 with a 10.12% loss!! Congratulations!!!!! (This is where you imagine confetti coming down!!!) So proud of you!!

We had many Big Butts lose over 2% of their body weight so here is a shout out to all of the fantastic individual efforts for March:

@VintageGeek42 - 10.12%
    @katevt78 - 4.70%
    @NEEENYA - 4.57%
    @okalex - 4.47%
    @Tracie_Lord - 4.47%
    @MelsLeanDream - 3.56%
    @shanell3827 - 2.84%
    @dopey520 - 2.75%
    @miroller - 2.53%
    @lesliemc87 - 2.50%
    @Jess_Weatherton4 - 2.36%
    @thedestar - 2.11%

Makes me very proud to be part of this amazing team!!

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    My IG is @maris_weight_loss_journey_rny if anyone wants to follow xxx
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking on the task of being our captain you’re amazing!!
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I hope I didn't miss anybody....I'm typing, you're typing. It's crazy busy, but a good crazy busy!!! Loving this energy so far!!

• WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Monday, April 2
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 45 minutes strength training

• katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Monday April 2
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: yes, 4 mile walk
    Water: 93 oz
  • bluewindfarm21
    bluewindfarm21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    April 2
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes
    Walking, weights
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Monday April 2
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise Y - 50 min ball hockey game.
  • Journey4Jen
    Journey4Jen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Monday
    6 hours in the car today and....
    Tracking : yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes. - I hit the gym before I hit the road. I did strength training and walked for 15 min on the treadmill before my time was up.
  • holly2e
    holly2e Posts: 300 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hello everyone! We have lots of new team members. So great! Welcome!
    And congrats on winning in March, team! We are awesome :smile:
    I’m Holly, I’m 37, a stay at home mom to 4 kids, ages 6 months to almost 8 years old (oldest has a birthday this week). Just trying to get the rest of the baby weight off again. Love and need the accountability of a group like this. This is the greatest group and @HASWLRS is the greatest team leader.
This discussion has been closed.