Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Thanks so much, ladies!
  • brittdee88
    Day 20 (4/3): No WI today
    OMAD Streak: 1

I can't believe it's already been 20 days!
    My goal for this month is to hit a 10-day OMAD compliance streak. I don't plan to not follow OMAD at all, but this month is also SUPER eventful, so I wanted to just try to set some positive intentions.

H1VnfNMUXfSdTe4k652fL68JrhxgkFj9roayu_THNpmRktswfX_6tx5Ufy9-p1cm4pe9H9-FDhl0o79LR6d6KQZZeLXM0ljRpmrDZ2sYEZ2ZBh_FcD_hxFV_jGhhR2BlPpaniMsIjTNpVjJVQra7LslRjMiUH_eh_Zjw-97ABj7ZnmXcuo4vQQ0-1dTLGHTH3O85cl0ioK1l4oLPdD-xm95wBDBbrm0fwMTvM5ALIOkh2jj1KEiiYXroad2vWIWYX4u8Q7Fo5rgQAUInDoBswpSnByYIZv6R3Ru8DIKkSatDrkwx4oebUUFlERhR0cu6p0liRh14hNKvFFB6sNURHQwtELS-67iHVB0E96Wye3UloRGb6JnJxBMEbL1HXMY5crCDg7OAdgcOBvbPAQzkd6VT0JKLOfJ74LrLbIMj8r5-HGwYYY1HOF_QL6lGPMO5J-bPr_Xs2ZbSRAuzeFXYYFdCHaenftNM2Of4Avvgrxm_9vN6zAwjwerGeVYzA5IGjmm0IvF4KYhH3JmVMHJET_oNEvAthagdx4Zta7j9BMUB6fi1zwID6ziw7Jf0_jnjD_NYO0I1falIZV52CM6lwmdAM5kM-3B9VJX1FmA=w1006-h754-no
    ~34 g carbs total

This doesn't look like much because they put all of the lettuce on top, but that is a burrito bowl made into a sort-of salad with chicken, fajita veggies, queso, sour cream, and lots of salsa. I got this from a local Mexican fast food place on campus, so I used Chipotle's info for my carb estimation. Ideally, I would like to stay under 30 carbs, so I will be a bit more mindful tomorrow.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Super omad streak! you have this!
  • brittdee88
    I wavered last week, but I am HOPING to maintain an actual streak soon!
  • brittdee88
    Day 21 (4/4): 148.2 | 6.8/25 pounds gone! Over 27% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 149.0 | Projected goal date: September 19, 2018
    OMAD Streak: 2

No picture today because I had my meal at a fancy luncheon with one of my program's donors. He was absolutely awful, but the food was DIVINE.
    I had a side caesar salad and roasted salmon and Brussels sprouts with a lemon butter sauce (this was SO good and only contained butter, lemon juice, garlic, and onion! I am going to try to make it at home!). My carb estimation for the day is ~12.
    Lately I have been eating my meal between 12:30 and 2, and I am really liking it. I always feel the best when eating in that window for some reason, although it makes hunger before bed an occasional problem. I am hoping that with enough time on LC, this will be resolved -- it always completely quells my cravings after several days.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Your meal sounds delicious. You are doing good with the carbs. I am looking forward to the results we will get from eating LC. I am looking at keeping my carbs below 50 grams.
  • brittdee88
    @tlblanksfit I remember trying to stay below 50 last time and found that I felt best (more energy, hardly any cravings, etc) below 30 for some reason, so that is the goal for now. I will likely increase them once I start making LC desserts. Hopefully that won't cause too much trouble.
  • sammygold2015
    Good luck with the LC. Every time I have tried LC, I have gained weight. I just don't lose that way, I guess.
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Day 21 (4/4): 148.2 | 6.8/25 pounds gone! Over 27% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 149.0 | Projected goal date: September 19, 2018
    OMAD Streak: 2

No picture today because I had my meal at a fancy luncheon with one of my program's donors. He was absolutely awful, but the food was DIVINE.
    I had a side caesar salad and roasted salmon and Brussels sprouts with a lemon butter sauce (this was SO good and only contained butter, lemon juice, garlic, and onion! I am going to try to make it at home!). My carb estimation for the day is ~12.
    Lately I have been eating my meal between 12:30 and 2, and I am really liking it. I always feel the best when eating in that window for some reason, although it makes hunger before bed an occasional problem. I am hoping that with enough time on LC, this will be resolved -- it always completely quells my cravings after several days.

Lunch sound delish Britt. I eat my OMAD at lunch time too. If I wait until dinner, I feel ravenous and tend to overeat.
  • aleroache20
    Good luck with the LC. Every time I have tried LC, I have gained weight. I just don't lose that way, I guess.

This happens with me too. I lose weight initially and the first day I reintroduce carbs, I reintroduce the weight. :D I've been cycling between low carb days and regular days and that seems to be working better.
  • brittdee88
    I have had lots of success with losing a ton of fat with sustained low carb eating periods over the years, but the longest I was able to maintain was a few weeks at a time before binging and undoing everything instead of just creating low carb versions of the foods I loved. I was so hooked on the ease of not having to count anything and eating just meat, dairy, and veg that I never really ventured away from that to get creative. I treated it like a diet that was absolutely delicious but didn't scratch all of the itches I had (mainly for sweets, of course). Instead of making small LC treats and/or slowly introducing fruits, I would stick to that basic diet, feel really restricted after a while, binge, cravings would increase from the binge, and I would not want to return back to my "boring diet" afterwards to get the weight back off. In fact, as soon as I binged, I knew it would be nearly impossible for me to get back to my old version of LC for any real length of time.
    With that said, I cannot deny how well it works, and my body always improves very dramatically when I adopt LC. I feel and look absolutely amazing -- including my body, hair, skin, eyes, teeth, mental state after low carb flu, etc -- and it really needs to be viewed as a lifestyle WOE for me to keep the weight off. I am okay with this because I really shouldn't be having a lot of sugars and carbs anyway due to insulin resistance and my ED past. The missing link in my past failures has definitely been that I haven't tried to make it sustainable. This time will definitely be different, as I am looking to make that permanent shift to LC. There is a recipe for an LC version of literally everything I have craved available now, and so many more restaurants have specially-made LC options now (and it also really helps that I live in Miami and can order things "South Beach-style" without anyone batting an eye). I really don't have an excuse anymore to not make this change. I know it's unrealistic to think I will never eat a carb-heavy meal again, but I think knowing that I can easily return to my LC WOE that includes lots of variety will really help make it a long term solution.
  • brittdee88
    Day 22 (4/5): 147.4 | 7.6/25 pounds gone! Over 30% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 148.8 | Projected goal date: October 25, 2018 - UGH!
    OMAD Streak: 3

GddlpBqCvBNB0uI9Apg67QR6J0nP8IB4SijO0HDXV0q37nHCo9decP8AYjWfurJMXqbU4Smtn5Fe4Ern-1iaT_z8dCqKv46lHfUhJHMvoRvEmxxNjLGehp50HS8j5bW8ekzb3SEAvPjneoG1jQGbe3kfd2rOgno7-2ONE7lYiM6XZbrYSLBBorftP4odIWXNd-PL8Bcf5JmYH__REw8mxMK5Df3SvyUcSMIUmLvSQm4ZdaI0bqIdatfYEI73sJ46osVoZBkkGijcvZ33mloQO5EuxSlL8SnhbpMT9KygZXISUdU3wePkSe0oGXvoUn-IVHYqKDwphxAXXM0S3T2NzGybXOQpYE8HKRZT33iHWspX862JKdtkG65UnV25ffZB6xDnCqrNNY-vNkC8HuyG0oJTHzHlhiZ_33ZuU80pPR4dMiv5COWd3bH_gTNyOmOdtjC90_rTBre4EPi1HTehqykz33e5M3D8agu1UXSIedL_cLPrN28qiEl6X3Vw861NqdB0rI9AKGbgPyh1rmrSizY8EEc0m5EG30RmP2rWwTZKlJ4Y6EUnuYJU6IvIZ4MYtZmBdwWT2JKTzV9gGqNN22YiTGXuEs47vDH6NTc=w807-h752-no
    ~25 g total carbs

Today's meal was an example of me getting outside of my regular meat-and-salad or meat-and-roasted veggies routine that has always made LC easy to do but hard to sustain. I saw these amazing spicy chicken sausages in the deli while grocery shopping and knew immediately that I wanted to try to create an LC charcuterie board. I absolutely adored charcuterie in my past life -- very simple but super tasty with lots of different flavor profiles and textures!
    Though I can't have the abundance of crackers and/or toasted baguette slices from charcuterie boards of my past, I was able to score some gluten-free pretzel sticks to scratch that itch (8 sticks for ~5 carbs). It actually ended up being just the right amount, and I laughed about how I used to include either bread or crackers in each bite growing up when I really only needed so little to be satisfied!
    I also knew I couldn't indulge in the dried fruits and jams that are typical of the boards (even the sugar-free preserves I found had way too many carbs per 1-tbsp serving), so I made sure to get some sweetness through the pickles. I used sugar-free bread and butter pickles that were 1 carb per slice.
    April is a very busy month for me, but I really do want to try make this WOE more exciting when I have the time. I had the time today (even though it didn't take all that long), and I am so happy I made it a priority. Recreating LC versions of my favorite foods seems to be the way I need to go for sustainability.
  • aleroache20
    You're absolutely right Britt. LC has to become a lifestyle for the weight loss to stick. My problem is my love affair with carbs! >:) Good luck with LC! Your charcuterie board looks delicious!
  • brittdee88
    @aleroache20 Thanks! I think the fact that I now can't have wheat OR rice makes it even more doable. Pastries/baked goods and rice were definitely my downfall. It definitely sucks to not be able to have those without getting sick, but at least it removes a lot of the temptation. I have already saved lots of recipes, though there is no real alternative to rice as far as I'm concerned. Cauliflower is nice and all, but it's not fooling me. BUT I won't lament that as much when I start having LC baked goods! I was planning to wait two weeks, but I might start having them next week.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I am so glad you figured out how to make LC work for the long haul. I too have revived my commitment to Low Carb eating. Your board looks really good. Having that variety really does make it easier to stick to. I am excited about getting back into my LC cooking again.
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, Tracey! We can do it!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Britt,

That is awesome how you are doing and how LC is working for you. I have been really trying to make a few of my meals LC. Like Sammy I can't do it long term (being from the south) :) and it just doesn't work well for me. I always gain it back and more if I take it out all together. So I am trying for a few LC dinners :).

KUTGW!
  • sammygold2015
    What the what? I love chicken sausage. I need some in my life.
  • brittdee88
    @dkayingram You definitely have to do what works for you! I think it makes a lot of sense to have some dinners interspersed throughout the week because then you get some of the benefits without this huge commitment. Unfortunately, I am so sensitive to carb fluctuations that that format would basically keep me in maintenance.

@sammygold2015 oh man, it was so good! It was Boar's Head buffalo chicken sausage. I am looking forward to making a sausage, peppers, and onions lettuce wrap with them sometime soon!
  • brittdee88
    edited April 2018
    Day 23 (4/6): 146.2 | 8.8/25 pounds gone! Over 35% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 148.6 | Projected goal date: November 28, 2018 - TW has basically given up on me! I can't wait until this moves back up.
    OMAD Streak: 4

3tFBDgFLkZKNCM3O0aB1xtLOYSnJcDEHt2I6z5LWv5y9EOprubMusBFDhDs-E092yaUdbgiJ-1MZJRcFoWFW4rkwmgaLUL2YJ4sAz4_l3x8rHfPl8Jq0FJqjGcJeGWljCUVDcoYYdAZMuZyZxZRxVu_X2PlTM_hAfHWbw9rpw-bbzhZkE3cgnmUTnnADW_0kiY8yYm_SZbi54egziuF6UqzgUcJB0YrQwGSsG4HYuyewnaDdsgr1LtXeBYXjGhjOnV2ocq1l1Z1Q6UYddiOf_8e1koulk_AH9r5VDKMMMAy_KXqxk0jz4K7jDtz--oE4Is12olOyoNX0jq52ZsLo_n-Ug1jz5dMdW_5GtuwevV9W4dsoV-r4cv-eo___KcEfq04zEgH75b7cl8McEP6xjM9eCGWWtT62tVHyAVUa7LA7wnb81LPKMllSuvSITKkhKH0DzTSguqb7DBzgz0ufZh0TcB063NsibeYK87dNskiMqSKW5pV3UTQ2fIhsOYkyun_iNExi8OIDlGIKniQlDPbyAuwkUgAu1cSHYpKdhVFtcvh-qUbTWnjIEYRYpuX-JuHUkNKihwhVZUbEBRvyC457sEkFgkGQOidfH_M=w529-h397-no
    ~26g total carbs