Leslie Sansone April 2018 Walk Challenge

Replies

• MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Hi! Back to try again to keep up with my walking goals :smiley:
    I think this month I'm going to aim to walk 90 miles (3xmiles a day x30 days)
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    6/90

3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
    Walk to the Hits: Party Songs (3 Miles)
  • berardellicm6
    berardellicm6 Posts: 43 Member
    Tuesday did 49 minutes with Leslie and the "Walk Slim" DVD and today walked 32 minutes using the "Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan" DVD.

81/1200 Have a great day, everyone. Cathy B.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    9.18/100

6.18 miles today

2 Mile Walk this Way
    2 Mile Burn Body Fat
    2.18 miles mall walking

Hi Cathy B and welcome to the group!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,589 Member
    4/2 Strength & Stamina
    4/3 4 Mile Super Challenge
    4/4 1 mile of the 5 Day Slim Down

Thanks, texasgardnr. :wink:
  • AnnofB
    Glad you're walking with us, Melsleandream.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    @MelsLeanDream, great 3 mile walks! Good to see you walking with us :)

@ Cathy B, Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan DVD has great walks on it. Awesome walking.

@PinkyPan1, Mall walking is an excellent way to add mileage! Well done.

@AnnofB, I like the variety of miles we can choose from on the 5 Day Slim Down DVD!

I really like how everyone is sharing the names of their DVDs and walks. Sometimes I gravitate to using the same DVDs over time. But seeing the various DVDs that are being used always reminds me to change things up again. Thank you for sharing!

April 4: 3o minutes - 3 Mix & Match Walk Blasters

Walk Happy :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    edited April 2018
    @texasgardnr $3 was a steal for that DVD! If you have any other oldie goldies you favor, please let me know! I started out with her newer videos, so everything old is new to me!

Welcome to all new walkers this month! :smiley: So happy we have more people joining us for April!

Tonight's achievement: 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Walk and Talk with Jessica Smith this AM. Hoping to get another walk in tonight.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    14.29/100

5.11 miles mall walking
  • ajf729
    ajf729 Posts: 13 Member
    Just joining but my goal for this month is 50 miles.
  • texasgardnr
    Welcome, @ajf729, glad that you are joining the walk challenge!

@VeggieGirlforLife, I used to have a DVD resale store near me, and I had bought several older LS DVDs while they were in business. Can't beat those 2-3 dollar deals!! I have to say that I actually like any of the older ones that I have. I have tried a few out from the public library that I didn't care for and so didn't look for or purchase those. There was one newer one that just didn't do it for me so I gave it away to another walker.

I'll name three of older ones that I gravitate toward, and why, and let others mention their favorites also if they wish to.

"5K with a Twist" is the older DVD that I often do when I have zero motivation to do a walk for whatever reason. (3.1 miles).

"Start! Walking at Home" (3 mile American Heart Assoc walk featured on Exercise TV) turned out to be one that I like when I want an older, Leslie by herself, fast paced 3 mile DVD. The first time I was using it I didn't think that I would like it very much, but it turned out to be a hidden gem of a workout for me. It is very basic but fast.

The "4 Mile Super Challenge" (Walk Away the Pounds Express series) is one of my all time favorites, and personally, for me, a benchmark walk for how I am doing, or not, health or stamina wise. It is also a goal to meet when I have not been exercising for a time for one reason or another.

April 5: 3 Miles - Walking off the Pounds (Just Walk) plus10 minutes - 1 Mix & Match Walk Blasters (Flexibility Walk) for additional cool down/ stretch.

Walk, walk, walk :flowerforyou:

• berardellicm6
    berardellicm6 Posts: 43 Member
    Hi everyone. Good to see so much activity going on! I did another 50 minutes with Leslie today.

131/1200 for the month. Have a great evening. We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow...and just when I can really see the ground...ah April! Cathy B.
  • AnnofB
    4/2 Strength & Stamina
    4/5 3 miles of 5 Mix and Match Miles/Jessica Smith
  • AnnofB
    Hi everyone. Good to see so much activity going on! I did another 50 minutes with Leslie today.

131/1200 for the month. Have a great evening. We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow...and just when I can really see the ground...ah April! Cathy B.

Good work, Cathy B.!
  • AnnofB
    ajf729 wrote: »
    Just joining but my goal for this month is 50 miles.

Glad you joined us, ajf729!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Thank you @texasgardnr! Your descriptions are helpful for me in deciding what I might like to try from her older selections. Checking them out from the library is a great was to test them and I've borrowed everything I could find which sadly, wasn't much. I try to watch her videos online or find clips to see if I like them. Some days I feel like a WaH with only Leslie and sometimes I am super energetic and I want a whole crew of walkers with her! Music is a big deal to me and one of hers I tried sounded horrible to my ears! I can't remember which one, but I did write it down so I know not to ever purchase that one. It's so great that she has made so many videos over the years, so we have lots of choices!

Today's walk of choice: 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    My chiro wants me take it easy and no upper body reaching, so it was a struggle to figure out which walks I could do. I'm back on ice therapy for a week. :grimace:

2 Miles Walk This Way (prob won't do this again, it was WAY too slow for me)
    1 Mile: Mile 1 from Fun and Fast Miles (with modifications)

I'm at 22 out of 85 miles
  • AnnofB
    4/2 Strength & Stamina
    4/5 3 miles of 5 Mix and Match Miles/Jessica Smith
    4/6 31 minutes of Low Impact HIIT/Jessica Smith
  • texasgardnr
    @VeggieGirlforLife, I hope that you feel better soon.

@AnnofB, Low Impact HIIT sounds like a great workout.

April 6: >180 minutes yard & garden work.

Enjoy your weekend!

:flowerforyou: