Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• jac_hates_carbs
    jac_hates_carbs Posts: 7 Member
    Hey there!
    Name: Jac (short for Jacqueline)
    Weight: 255lbs
    Height: 5'8"
    Struggles: I was bulimic for over a decade and developed an absolutely horrid relationship with food that I still struggle with to this day. I was able to put my ED into remission in my early 20s and still maintained a very healthy weight (between 135-160) but then some really dark, dark stuff happened in my life and I gained a ton of weight in a very short amount of time and have kept it on. It has led to depression which has led to more binge eating which has led to more depression, etc.
    Goal Weight Range: 140-160
    Time of My OMAD: 5:30-6:30 (after work)
    OMAD Start Date: Monday 04-02-2018 (gotta go grocery shopping and prep!)
  • Tyranade
    Tyranade Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2018
    Tyranade wrote: »
    Hi. I just started OMAD this month and so far I've lost over 3kg. I'm very happy that this seem to work for me. I love the lifestyle. This is the first time in my life I managed to control my eating when my hormones rage every month-and I'm 50 years old!

I started with having a cheat day every Friday as a reward to myself after a week well done. Unfortunately this slows weight loss so had to stop this.

I eat 1000-1200 kcal every 22-23 hours, usually within the hour and lowcarb/keto.
    I've been lowcarb for a few years. I naturally gravitated towards less carbs even before I knew it was a thing because I noticed carbs made me feel unwell.

I also truly believe that low carb is what kept me at reasonable weight.

I recently gained weight because I went back to carbs when my doctor wanted to test me for glucose intolerance. For this test you need to eat carbs for a few weeks beforehand.

I didn't feel good, I felt sick and I'm never going to go back to full carb again. It was so bad it scared me.I have an auto immune disease and symptom free for years and suddenly I started getting symptoms again!

I started March 6 at 82kg and today I'm 78.7. My first goal is 70kg. My profile is public so anyone is welcome to take a look.

Just adding some stats: I'm 169cm (5'7") I eat between 12:00pm - 2:00pm.
    My name is Marie :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Welcome Marie, Jac, and Rochelle! I wish you all the best. OMAD is a great WOE and this is a great group to be in. Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome to OMAD all you newbies :)
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Hiya Jac & Rochelle!! Welcome to OMAD and the group. Viva la revolution!
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Welcome everyone!
  • gtm197
    gtm197 Posts: 58 Member
    Hi, I am strongly considering going OMAD replacing my present 2 meal 20:4 protocol because I’ve hit a stubborn plateau after losing 50 pounds. I have 40 to go so maybe a shift to OMAD might help? My current weight is 240 down from 290. I didn’t begin 20:4 until I weighed 278. Day 109 on 20:4. My BMR is 1908. TDEE at current weight is 2500. I’ve been consuming 2000 calories with a lifting schedule 3x a week with 2 LISS spins for cardio 2x a week. Age 65.
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited April 2018
    Good evening. My name is Robert and I live in the Southeast US. 44 years young.

I'm 5'11 and currently 241lbs, began at 273 in early January. I want to be below 200lbs on average, with a long-term goal of 180lbs and 10% bodyfat.

Will be starting OMAD tomorrow. The eating window will be between 4-8 PM, intially.

Let's say I've had a lifetime of mood and weight issues. Failed relationships and unfulfilled potential. Well meaning doctors...

I've had some successes and am grateful. However, I'm tired of feeling so up and down. It has been to the point of considering an early exit.

My latest search led me to this "insane" idea of intermittent fasting. Luckily, I'm an open-minded guy. The science made sense.

Why not optimize it with OMAD? Food would no longer control me, nor the never ending mood cycles. Could this cure bipolar? Depression? Anxiety?

My doctor is astounded and intrigued. He is on board.

I'm willing to give it a whirl.

IF has resulted in 32lbs lost (from 273 to 241) since January. However...

This is a constant battle - multiple meals in a short window. Just more chances to binge.

I started using this app 1/2 the way into my journey. Have been watching and commenting on Joe's videos for a month.

Long story short, I need this and a little support.

Will do all I can to help anyone here.

Thanks.
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Hi Robert! wow, that is awesome your Dr. is supporting you in this! I do notice less downs in my mood and I am into week three. Hope it helps you too!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Welcome everyone!

Start your own progress thread so we can follow and support you!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Hi Robert! wow, that is awesome your Dr. is supporting you in this! I do notice less downs in my mood and I am into week three. Hope it helps you too!

Love the name. :smile:

I look for doctors that fit my personality. Be willing to fire one! Just my advice.
  • bandwidthbandit
    bandwidthbandit Posts: 74 Member
    Hey Robert! Seems we have a bit in common. I am 42 from the Southeastern US. I started at 303 lbs. in January and am down 47 lbs. through a combo of IF and and OMAD. My current goal is to enjoy my meal tonight, and that's enough for me these days. This way of eating is revolutionary (at least from my vantage point.)

Although I cannot speak to the eradication of depression or anxiety, I can tell you the cessation of the feeling that food is ruling my thoughts and desires throughout the day has been a relief for me on a very acutely conscious level. I get more done at work, and have more fun playing, because I just don't think about food all day. In full disclosure, I do plan my meals with thoughtfulness, prepare them with anticipation, and enjoy them with presence. All in all, I feel it is a very healthy relationship, which is something I have not been able to claim for some time personally.

So welcome to the group, and to OMAD! We are here to help.
  • 1982Josie
    1982Josie Posts: 95 Member
    Hi I'm new here :) I just started OMAD two days ago with an hours eating window early in the evening. All going well so far!
    ...name: Josie
    ...weight: 15st 9lb (219lb)
    ...height: 5'7"
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: I have been a yoyo dieter since age 17, mostly with Slimming World, I'm now 35 and can't think of a time I have not been on a diet :( I want to get rid of the control food has over me and feel OMAD may do this!! I have recently (as of January) become vegetarian so I feel that I can stick with a change in my eating habits. I play rugby every weekend and have a match tomorrow afternoon. I plan to eat before the match as well as after (hence a non-OMAD day) as I am unsure of energy levels being high enough for 1.5hr exercise?
    ...your goal weight range: 10stone (140lb)
    ...the time of your OMAD: early evening usually around 6-7pm but I want to be flexible!
    ...and your OMAD start date: 5th April
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Fastcar012 wrote: »
    Fastcar012 wrote: »
    hi guys
    so I have seen alot of youtube videos on OMAD and I was soo encourged to do it...since I've seen my brother own experince doing it without knowing....mmmm he's been sleeping all day and just wake up for one meal and then go back to sleep...and he lost 10 kg in 2 months whithout any kind of excercising loool no one will believe that..I know...but IT'S TRUE.
    ok..to get to the point..I tried it for one week...and I just weigh myself....guys I didn't lose anything...i'm sooo frustratrd since I know it should work...
    pleez I need your help and support...I feel soo down and to make matter worse my brother mocking me and bullying me about me gaining weight - I am 156 cm and I was 63 kg now I weigh 69 kg- and that I will never succed...
    I feel so hurt and I fight with him all the time..
    so I really need your advice and supports...
    much appreciated and thanx in advance.

Maybe you had too many calories in your meals. Try filling your plate up with lots of vegetables and fruit so there isn't room for higher calorie foods. Don't let your brother discourage you and dont give up!

thank u dear for your kind words :blush: :-)

well to be honest my meals were mostly carbs and sweet...I have a sweet tooth...and I cant imagine living without carbs...maybe I need check the keto forum :(

Eat the carbs but after filling up on low carb stuff so there isn't room for the high carb stuff like Brenda said!
  • blambo61
    Good evening. My name is Robert and I live in the Southeast US. 44 years young.

I'm 5'11 and currently 241lbs, began at 273 in early January. I want to be below 200lbs on average, with a long-term goal of 180lbs and 10% bodyfat.

Will be starting OMAD tomorrow. The eating window will be between 4-8 PM, intially.

Let's say I've had a lifetime of mood and weight issues. Failed relationships and unfulfilled potential. Well meaning doctors...

I've had some successes and am grateful. However, I'm tired of feeling so up and down. It has been to the point of considering an early exit.

My latest search led me to this "insane" idea of intermittent fasting. Luckily, I'm an open-minded guy. The science made sense.

Why not optimize it with OMAD? Food would no longer control me, nor the never ending mood cycles. Could this cure bipolar? Depression? Anxiety?

My doctor is astounded and intrigued. He is on board.

I'm willing to give it a whirl.

IF has resulted in 32lbs lost (from 273 to 241) since January. However...

This is a constant battle - multiple meals in a short window. Just more chances to binge.

I started using this app 1/2 the way into my journey. Have been watching and commenting on Joe's videos for a month.

Long story short, I need this and a little support.

Will do all I can to help anyone here.

Thanks.

This last week I ate a high carb lunch which I almost never do now. I felt really bad the rest of the day, really down. I think how we eat can help us at least some. Good luck!
  • blambo61
    Welcome all. Please start a thread!
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    welcome josiliverpool, estrangedtiger
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Welcome to all of the new OMADers!
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Hi I’m Lindsey from London, starting back on omad today, have been fasting on and off for a long time, never felt better on it and last summer had lost 3 and a half stone. Combine it with a low carb/ Keto type regime which works best for me, also considering giving myself and my stomach a bit of a breather by upping my fruit and veg and cutting back on meat etc. It’s not that I don’t eat a lot of the good stuff, but have been a bit naughty lately and eating everything I shouldn’t, have a sweet tooth and too many carbs make me feel meh
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Forgot to add I’m only 5ft tall so have very little leeway, and have gained quite a few pounds back, hoping to get back to around 111 pounds which is where I was.