2018 Move It Monday Challenge

Options

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I was going to take my first “Rest Day” in over 5 weeks (and 1 hr & 2.5 hour hikes Sat & Sun!!) But at 8:30 last night I just couldn’t LOL Aren’t Healthy Habits GREAT!!! So, I told myself, “Well, just get in the exercise bike for 10 minutes, which turned into 31 minutes! Yep, I know my brain & body! I just need to get her started!!

I’m a longtime lurker of this group; first time posting. I also took that Habits on-line course a few months ago & I continue to be a HUGE Marie Kondo person. Over the past couple of years, I’ve transformed our home using her mindsets & techniques. It HAS been life-altering!

Have a wonderful week.

Hugs,
    Maddy
    P.S. I’m glad you are all here, as tiny habits IS the pathway to success. I truly believe this & have had miraculous results.

You made my day, @MadisonMolly2017! I love it when people who have been quietly following our group decide to make their first post. Not only does it make for a more lively group discussion, but it helps me see that these weekly challenges ARE having a positive impact on people’s lives. And that’s really motivating to me!

I’m thrilled you’ve found tiny habits and Marie Kondo’s approach have made your life better. That’s wonderful to hear!
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Doing yoga and bodyweight exercises today. I will get my steps in throughout the day, going out shopping with hubby for patio plants.
  • themedalist
    Options
    I have a migraine this morning so didn't want to work out hard. Went outside before it was sunny and shoveled for 30 minutes. Felt like a good workout and actually helped my headache. I should probably just take the day off (impossible) and go skiing all day. What a spring we're having!

I hope your migraine has subsided, @littlebear0121. Sometimes a workout and fresh air can really help!
  • themedalist
    Options
    Cindy781 wrote: »
    Doing yoga and bodyweight exercises today. I will get my steps in throughout the day, going out shopping with hubby for patio plants.

Sounds like a great day, @Cindy781!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Love all your posts!

Today I walked 3.88 miles! It was a beautiful windy day!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,905 Member
    Options
    I really got moving this Monday. I did a 15 min march around my backyard and a short yoga workout. Then met my sister for out Monday workout at Curves. I got to work a bit early and took a 20 minutes walk before class. After my classes I stopped the fitness center and did 15 minutes on the bike. Then my daughter and I took a 10 minute walk in the afternoon. Great day a total of 117 active minutes.

BTW, since the weather is so nice, I've created a spot to do my yoga outside and have enjoyed hearing the birds sing and watching the sun come up. Getting outside is great as @nebslp pointed out so poetically.
  • themedalist
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    I was surprised at how nice it feels outside when the sun is shining and there’s very little wind even with temp in the 40’s. I headed to the pasture to check bluebird houses and before I knew it I was being called to the slough below the cornfield which is below the pasture. It was an amazing walk. Lots of new spring birds flitting about, some ducks on the water, and first day of frogs croaking. I’m always drawn farther and farther once I get my ... in gear and venture outside. I hope spring is finally here, especially after our weekend blizzard. Yard work is looming ahead.

I know exactly what you mean, @nebslp. If the sun is shining and there’s no wind, 40 degrees can be very comfortable. Plus the extended daylight and birds make it so pleasant. Glad you got outside!
  • themedalist
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    I really got moving this Monday. I did a 15 min march around my backyard and a short yoga workout. Then met my sister for out Monday workout at Curves. I got to work a bit early and took a 20 minutes walk before class. After my classes I stopped the fitness center and did 15 minutes on the bike. Then my daughter and I took a 10 minute walk in the afternoon. Great day a total of 117 active minutes.

BTW, since the weather is so nice, I've created a spot to do my yoga outside and have enjoyed hearing the birds sing and watching the sun come up. Getting outside is great as @nebslp pointed out so poetically.

Wow, @77tes, you certainly embraced the concept of Move It Monday! Bet you felt great too!
  • themedalist
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    5 Leslie MIles and yoga today.

Great day, @PinkyPan1!
  • themedalist
    Options
    MmamabearR wrote: »
    Today the weather is really nice out. Sorry for everyone who hasn't seen Spring yet. The southwest rarely ever sees winter. To get moving today, I've already rounded my building a couple of times this morning. I plan on getting a few more laps this afternoon. It's a small building, so I usually only get about 400-500 steps each round, which is still more than I would have remaining in my office.

I do the same thing, @MmamabearR, make a couple of rounds around my building. Doesn’t take long but it’s a good break from sitting and it’s good to get some fresh air.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    We were snowed in yesterday from a weekend blizzard. Practically all of Green Bay was closed until about noon! So, today will be my Move it Monday since I didn't even get into work until noon yesterday and it was tough going...

P.S. I like the idea of doing laps around the building! Maybe I'll begin to take laps around our parking lot a few times a day. That would get me moving and wake me up during my mid-day slump. :smile: Maybe today if they have the snow all cleared off. Still piles of snow everywhere, and we are getting up to 6 more inches tomorrow according to the meteorologist... *sigh*
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Welcome @MadisonMolly2017, Glad that you paused your lurking for a bit to visit! Nice to read that you have been implementing Marie Kondo's methods. There are some of us that are also using her concepts and techniques to different degrees, depending on our circumstances.

I also love reading all the Moving Monday posts!

April 16: 65 minutes total - 2 miles: Miracle Mile mile 1 x two, upper and lower body strength sessions, two Walk Blasters for a cool down and stretch.

See you all next Monday!

:flowerforyou: