April 2018 Challenge

Options

Replies

• stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    d_dc_lady wrote: »
    I stopped eating breakfast (sooo weird for me!) because I am just not hungry in the mornings any more. Now I have two meals a day.

I <3 eating only twice a day. I feel like I have 4 more hours in my day! No cooking, prepping or planning around food. Just get up ready to rock & roll. It's yet another byproduct of keto that makes it a lifestyle I think I can sustain.

• Mehs
    Mehs Posts: 73 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    4/6- 198.7
    Sunday 04/08: 197.6
    Sunday 04/15: 197.8. (+.2)
    Honestly, this was expected. I competely fell off the wagon and ate crap all week.
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow! It's great to see all the progress and NSV's that people are experiencing.

January 1: 266
    January 31: 249
    February 27: 240.5
    March 31st: 229.7

Sunday 4/1: 229.7
    Sunday 4/8: 231.2 (+1.5)
    Sunday 4/15: 231.2
    Sunday 4/22:
    Monday 4/30:

April Goal: 217

I won't meet my goal but what this month has shown me is it is time to adjust my macro's. I'll be interested to see what a small adjustment may make.
  • rae1388
    rae1388 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sunday 4/1 132.4 @ 25.7% FB
    Sunday 4/8 131.4 @ 25.3% FB
    Sunday 4/15 131.2 @ 25.4% FB
    Sunday 4/22
    Sunday 4/29

Well....... it could be worse, but I think I'm going to have to make some tweaks.
    For the last 8 years, I always platue at 130, and a lot of times to get to that point I have to work really hard.
    This week I have been obsessed with numbers; calories, macros, daily steps, working out at like 20 minutes everyday, and most days I do more than that, and of course the scale numbers.
    I think this week I'm going to try to change my macro % a little, and lower my carb intake a little.
    Bring on week 3!
  • JoannaVenuto
    JoannaVenuto Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

I have been stuck in the 240s for months now.
    I am still doing keto and OMAD and I just gave up alcohol altogether even though I was only doing keto friendly drinks.

I went to see my doctor and she thinks I have a bunch of issues with my thyroid, insulin (no diabetes), ovaries and she tested my testosterone which is too high. It sounds like my hormones are out of whack and she is positive that that is causing my weight gain and my difficulty in getting rid of it.

I felt so discouraged that when I got home, I got 2 slices of pizza and a brownie. The next day a whole wheat raisin English muffin with butter and a massive non keto salad with dried cranberries. The day after that a diet coke, a burrito and ice cream. I mean, I did it all. I feel like all my hard work is not paying off because my body is actually refusing to cooperate.

Anywho, I am wrapping up my pity party and I am back on Keto OMAD tomorrow while I wait for all my blood work results to get in. I had so many tubes of blood drawn :bawling: !
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    How to you check muscle loss?
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @JoannaVenuto That's a total pain for you and very understandable that you are really fed up! The good thing is though that you may find out what is happening and why you aren't loosing any weight currently. I just wonder if it is worth trying eating twice a day, not sure why but it might just switch your body up a bit. Also on the bright side although you haven't lost you have at least been sticking around the same weight which is excellent although it may not feel like that just now. I'm not sure about you but in the past if I've not been loosing weight I've not been watching what I eat therefore I've put lots on, you haven't, you've stuck with it and you haven't gained so that's a definite positive. Frustrating but positive <3<3
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @JoannaVenuto I'm sorry you're struggling right now but I think you're on the right track with getting your blood work done. And it's huge that you haven't gained - I think it's a good sign that when you get your hormones in balance you'll start losing again. I agree with @chinatownchina about eating twice a day. Maybe do OMAD every other day or a few times a week, and just keep a super close eye on your Macros. Hang in there and it might be that getting your hormones in balance will make all the difference. I'm curious to see if your little carb binge doesn't actually kick things into gear. I've found that when I went over on my carbs and then got right back on track I actually seem to lose more. Maybe I'm crazy... You're gorgeous, btw, and you can do it!!!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    cgcrutch wrote: »
    How to you check muscle loss?

Here’s my take on measurements. All measurements are inherently inaccurate (Nothing is perfect). With that in mind I use all my measurements as bench marks to compare progress. I try to weigh myself at the same time, on the same scale, in the same time interval. For me that means; as soon as I get up, on my Tanita scale, every day.

Let me be clear! I’m not suggesting weighing every day. In my obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) way, that’s what I feel compelled to do. What I am suggesting, is that whatever you do, do your routine as close to the same manner as you can each time you weigh-in.

My scale is a Tanita brand. Along with my weigh it calculates, body fat, hydration, muscle mass and several other measurements. There are a countless number of scales out there that will do the same thing. Although I’m not confident that my Tanita scale is the most accurate measurement tool out there, I am confident in the method I use it.

ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION: I use my Tanita scale for muscle mass. For our challenge group I compare my muscle mass reading, as well as other readings, over a given time frame. For example. On my first weigh back on 31 Dec, 2017 my muscle mass was 125.0 lbs and yesterday it was 123.6 lbs. So, 125.0-123.6=1.4. I’ve lost 1.4lbs of muscle mass over those 14 weeks.

Long answer to short question???? Anyway, I wouldn’t take any single measurement to the bank. However, using the same tool, same time, same place method I believe any measurement can be used as a benchmark to compare your daily, weekly or monthly progress. Whatever measurement tool you choose, be consistent and measure away.

• mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    So sick of the roller coaster :s:(
    March 31st: 244.6

Sunday 4/1: 246.4 (+1.8)
    Sunday 4/8: 242.6 (-3.8)
    Sunday 4/15: 243.4 (+0.8)
    Sunday 4/22:
    Monday 4/29: