Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Replies

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Britt,
    Just catching up on your thread. You are doing great. I think for sure a 4lb window is something you can do.

OMG I love me some Publix, Whole Foods, and Trader Joes :).

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    @dkayingram Thank you! And those are my favorites, too! I also love Kroger, but they don't have those here :'(
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Right on Britt! You are definitely knocking it out of the park!
  • brittdee88
    Thank you, Sammy!
  • brittdee88
    Day 33 (4/16): 139.2 | 15.8/25 pounds gone! Over 63% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 144.4 | Projected goal date: May 24, 2018
    OMAD Streak: 14

Image upload not working AGAIN (this is so frustrating), but I focused a lot on trying to get in some salt today to help settle my stomach, so I had a baked buffalo chicken thigh and a salad with bleu cheese. I also had a cup of coffee with HWC. ~ 5 g total carbs
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Day 33 (4/16): 139.2 | 15.8/25 pounds gone! Over 63% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 144.4 | Projected goal date: May 24, 2018
    OMAD Streak: 14

Image upload not working AGAIN (this is so frustrating), but I focused a lot on trying to get in some salt today to help settle my stomach, so I had a baked buffalo chicken thigh and a salad with bleu cheese. I also had a cup of coffee with HWC. ~ 5 g total carbs

You are doing well!

The upload is problematic for me as well. Finally cleared my cache and the iPad is working most of the time.

• brittdee88
    I tried all
    You are doing well!

The upload is problematic for me as well. Finally cleared my cache and the iPad is working most of the time.

Thank you!
    I've tried all the recommended fixes, but it just seems to only work intermittently for me since early this month. I like having a picture journal, so I'm annoyed. They announced that it was a common error last week, so I hope they fix it soon.
  • brittdee88
    Day 34 (4/17): 138.8 | 16.2/25 pounds gone! Over 64% of the way to goal!
    Trendweight: 143.8 | Projected goal date: May 21, 2018
    OMAD Streak: 15

No pic AGAIN. I don't know what is going on. But I had a caesar salad with tuna salad on top. I'm estimating ~5 g total carbs.
    I am officially over 40 pounds down and only 1.8 above my high school weight!
    I changed my goal for the month to 134 to see if I can hopefully get to 135 by early next week and spend the rest of the month getting below it since I know it will be a breeze again once I get past it. I am not sure where my next potential plateau would be since I have never gone below 132, but I am hoping there won't be another and I can just slide right on down to 126.
  • dkayingram
    WOW you are killin' it Britt!!!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    You really are Britt, I may have to consider lowering my carbs from 50 to 20. I think I will wait and make sure I am able to stay consistent with the 50 first.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Britt I just wanted to say that your progress on this latest thread is amazing. Great job and kudos for the perseverance.

To my eye it appears that since you started talking about LC around April 1st that it has really taken off with very consistent reductions. I think this is somewhat significant to see a recent surge because you've been doing OMAD for some time now.

Do you feel like the LC has made a difference? I ask because I'm always advising low carb to people because once I cracked the carb addiction it has been so much easier. I don't desire or crave them like before. I can have carbs now if I feel like it, with no fear of going hog wild and relapsing, or constantly suffering through horrible cravings.

Or do you think there are other factors at work for you such as getting more sleep, your new location, etc?

• brittdee88
    Thank you, @dkayingram!

@tlblanksfit I think everyone is different! I know from last time I did LC that 50 would be more of a maintenance level for me. I don't know if it's because of maybe my height or maybe I am just that carb/insulin resistant, but I really can't have that many day in and day out and keep the weight off. That's why I failed last time -- I didn't try to fit enough interesting foods within that threshold and went off of the rails.

@Jim_fbr thank you so much! It is 100% LC. This is a super busy time of the semester, so if anything, my sleep has gotten worse. I have always known since the first time I tried it way back when that this would be the best, most sustainable WOE for me, but I just really struggled mentally with all of the meat I was eating. Last time, I was pounding bacon, steaks, burgers, and pepperoni at multiple meals, and even though I looked great, I felt so guilty as an animal lover. OMAD is the perfect solution for me because I only eat meat once a day, and even if I add another meal in maintenance, I can focus more on eggs or other high protein foods. Since I'm not eating a ton of meat to lose this time around, it feels good to know that I can more or less continue that pattern and still be successful.
  • brittdee88
    I spent the morning examining my body and realized that there is really no way I will be comfortable at 126. I can see myself losing an additional 7-8 pounds, but there is really no where I can imagine another 12 coming from. Genetically, I have an hourglass figure, and fat drops from my face and midsection fairly quickly with turtle-like fat loss in my stubborn areas of my arms, back fat, and thighs. The only time those were thinner was when I was anorexic and weighed 100 pounds. I looked horribly sickly. I love my curves, and I know that those trouble spots will exist whether or not I go for a thinner look (which means I'd lose curves) or if I stop when I am most satisfied with my midsection and face, which will be in those 7-8 pounds. My collarbones are also really prominent now, which gives me another clue that I need to stop soon. I know I can address my trouble spots during training/recomp to shed some inches (consistent heavy lifting usually leaves me very satisfied with my body no matter how much I weigh), but I won't get there through diet alone without sacrificing what I love about my body. My goal now is to get to 129 (50 lbs down!) and to maintain in the 129 - 133 range. That gives me a 4-lb window without crossing into stubborn 135 territory. I think this will be best for me.
  • dkayingram
    Britt,

That sounds like a well thought out plan and goal for you. I think no matter what the scale says, or what people think the "ideal" weight is, we have to be comfortable in our skin and with what we have and what feels good to us. I am a firm in that it is how you feel not what the number says that makes you confident! You go girl!!!

• tlblanksfit
    Britt, you are right, at the pace I am losing, 50g of carbs is pretty much maintenance for me as well. I was thinking and I allowed 50g as a cheat. I know if I want to lose the weight I have to eat less carbs so after seeing your results, I am going to cut my carbs to 5% of my calories or 15g of carbs. I think if I do this for the remaining 20 some odd days I have left, there may be a shot for me to get to 145 pounds by my 60 day goal. Thank you for putting things in perspective for me. You totally rock

I think you are doing well to observe and base your decision off of what you see and how you feel.
  • dkayingram
    How many carbs a day are you eating? I wonder if I need to cut mine down to get the scale moving more.
  • tlblanksfit
    I am eating between 40 and 50g a day.
  • brittdee88
    @dkayingram thank you! I think 129 will be perfectly good for me, and the range should also work, as I was satisfied at 132 as well! Seems like the perfect range without sacrificing my body.

@tlblanksfit if you drop to 15, you will definitely lose rapidly! That's around where I'm averaging lately. I also count total carbs instead of net.
  • dkayingram
    Thank you @brittdee88 and @tlblanksfit I think I am going to try a few LC days and see what happens.
    what is the difference between total carbs instead of net carbs?

• tlblanksfit
    net carbs is total carbs - fiber. If a food has 6g carbs and 3g of fiber it would be 3 net carbs.