Apr 18
    Tracking Y
    Calories N
    Exercise N

Apr 19
    Tracking Y
    Calories Y
    Exercise Y 35min strength training + 44min walk + 5min stairs + 15min yoga

I got an infection this week that had me in pain for 3 days. It hurt to move. With some antibiotics, I am finally feeling like myself today. I'm going to do my best to squeeze in all of my elements for this week in the remaining 2 days.

I went over calories for 4 days, but 3 of those days were by less than 50 calories, so it's not as bad as it looks. Except for Sunday. Sunday is as bad as it looks.
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    April 19
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
    Exercise - Yes 3 mile walk, then 40 minutes strength training
    Steps - 27,024 (179 Active Minutes)
    Water - 2500ml
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Username: Tracie_Lord
    Weigh in week: April Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 230.25
    Current Weight: 230.25

stayed exactly the same

I don't understand at all!

I log every day, every item of food and drink, water is always 2-3 litres a day and I was even at aerobics last week URGH!!!

I think I need to increase my calorie intake but its so hard as I eat clean
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @primekayprime, I was going to message you, as I realized you hadn't posted this week, but then I saw your post. Sorry you had that infection, but glad the antibiotics are working and that your week wasn't as bad as it looks!! So much for keeping you accountable, when it takes me all week to realize you weren't here!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options

stayed exactly the same

I log every day, every item of food and drink, water is always 2-3 litres a day and I was even at aerobics last week URGH!!!

Tracey, I don't know what to tell you. Could this be the beginning of a plateau? Since it is only the first week of this, I would just stay the course and be patient as far as your eating goes. Maybe try mixing up your workouts; give the body something new to try to figure out? If you were to increase your calories, what would you increase them to, and for how long? Sometimes a "diet break" works for some people, you know, eating at maintenance for a short time. Seeing as I am not an expert, and don't really have any experience with this, I am hesitant to give you any specific advice. It is only the first week, so we don't need to panic!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @enyagoboom, you are technically still with us, if you can submit a weight before Saturday evening. Maybe this wasn't the best month for you to try to come back, what with the move and the new job and all, but it doesn't mean you can't try again next month, or the month after that. Hope to hear from you soon.
  • katevt78
    katevt78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    katevt78 wrote: »
    Mini challenge 4/19
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes- Zumba on YouTube during the morning snow and a 3 mile walk in the afternoon
    Water 88 oz

Was the Zumba in case you couldn't get out in the afternoon? That's dedication!!

Yes, but luckily the snow turned to rain, and then stopped. My dog needs to get out every day, so we got a longer walk than I anticipated with the sun starting to show!
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

stayed exactly the same

Tracey, I don't know what to tell you. Could this be the beginning of a plateau? Since it is only the first week of this, I would just stay the course and be patient as far as your eating goes. Maybe try mixing up your workouts; give the body something new to try to figure out? If you were to increase your calories, what would you increase them to, and for how long? Sometimes a "diet break" works for some people, you know, eating at maintenance for a short time. Seeing as I am not an expert, and don't really have any experience with this, I am hesitant to give you any specific advice. It is only the first week, so we don't need to panic!

Thanks hun

I am trying different exercises, started classes as opposed to just gym.

Done a lot of reading and a lot suggest upping calories so worth trying. I eat clean so it shouldn't harm just see how it goes I guess.

Here in the UK its been un-seasonally warm at like 80 degrees so my only answer is water retention. Its way back to 50s-60 today so I will soon find out.

I daily weigh but weekly log and as of Wed I was losing but those few pounds crept back on in days (taking me back to last week's weight) so it's all I can think of.
  • HASWLRS
    Options

stayed exactly the same

Thanks hun

I am trying different exercises, started classes as opposed to just gym.

Done a lot of reading and a lot suggest upping calories so worth trying. I eat clean so it shouldn't harm just see how it goes I guess.

Here in the UK its been un-seasonally warm at like 80 degrees so my only answer is water retention. Its way back to 50s-60 today so I will soon find out.

I daily weigh but weekly log and as of Wed I was losing but those few pounds crept back on in days (taking me back to last week's weight) so it's all I can think of.

Well I am glad you have done some research. Great attitude about trying to up your calories....if it doesn't work, you just reduce them again. There is a lot that is trial and error in this weight loss journey; figuring out exactly what works for us, as individuals. Good luck!!
  • katevt78
    Options
    Treated myself to a massage today- my muscles are thanking me now!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    katevt78 wrote: »
    Treated myself to a massage today- my muscles are thanking me now!!

Yes, you have been working hard and definitely deserve it! I bet it felt great! I had a pedicure yesterday; it's good to do nice things for ourselves once in a while!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Has anybody had, or is having trouble posting on the team thread? @murdog3t just messaged me and said she is unable to post.
  • okalex
    okalex Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Okalex
    Weigh in day Friday week 3
    Last week 168
    Current weight 168.5

Im hoping it's just water weight. Since I started I've been eating really clean. No prepackaged food, with a few exception the majority of my meals I've been making from scratch. However this week I I went out for dinner a few times. The amount of sodium and other crap that restaurants put in your food to make it taste good is disgusting! I could literally feel the swelling in my hands from the water my body was retaining!
  • ladyj22
    ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ladyj22
    Friday
  • katevt78
    Options
    Mini challenge 4/20
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes- 6 mile walk
    Water: 113 oz
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    4/20
    Exercised: yep
    Tracked: yep
    Under: yep
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!

holly2e wrote: »

Username: holly2e
    Date: April 19
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 130.5
    Current Weight: 129.8
    holly2e wrote: »

• MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    April 20
    Calories - Yes
    Tracking - Yes
    Exercise - Night Shift (rest day from specific exercise) (97 Active Minutes)
    Steps - 13,738
    Water - 3000ml
  • Coheednkimbria
    Coheednkimbria Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My mother in law passed away this past week. I’m going to forego weigh in for the week and see you all next week.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    okalex wrote: »
    Okalex
    Weigh in day Friday week 3
    Last week 168
    Current weight 168.5

Im hoping it's just water weight. Since I started I've been eating really clean. No prepackaged food, with a few exception the majority of my meals I've been making from scratch. However this week I I went out for dinner a few times. The amount of sodium and other crap that restaurants put in your food to make it taste good is disgusting! I could literally feel the swelling in my hands from the water my body was retaining!

You only went up half a pound, so if it is water weight, that will be gone in no time!! Yes, restaurant food is high in sodium and it is also high in calories, so all in all, not a bad week!! Drink lots of water today and get out and enjoy that sunshine...and next week we will see another loss on the scale from you!!
This discussion has been closed.