Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Man, it feels like I have been gone FOREVER! So happy to be back! I had planned to come back once class was over and check-in periodically during finals, but that did NOT happen.
    This round of finals was infinitely more stressful than fall's, and I fell into old finals habits: all-nighters, pounding energy drinks, 2-4 meals a day, sugar at meals to feel "energized," and no sleep. These are problematic for any weight loss plan, but they are deadly for low carb!
    I am back with an ~8-lb gain at 145.0. It's been 2 weeks, so I am actually surprised I didn't gain more. I gained 12 in a week over winter break after low carbing, but I think it's because I stuck to square meals, didn't binge, and have actually been decently active to try to de-stress some for the past 2 weeks. Almost all of my clothes still fit as they did pre-finals, but I can definitely tell I have put on some weight - especially in those areas where I tend to hold water.
    In any case, I am back with a vengeance! I am restarting LC today, and I have my heart set on getting to goal by Memorial Day. I know it's way too ambitious to try to lose 16 lbs in 3 weeks, but I really need the motivation and focus. I may not get there, but I will be trying my absolute hardest to make the next 3 weeks super compliant. I am also planning to maintain my active streak, so that may mean I need to have an additional meal, but I will definitely stick to OMAD on my rest days. Today will be a rest and recovery day, so OMAD is the plan.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back! And you will get to your goal I am sure!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Happy to see you back and that you survived finals!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @brittdee88 Fluid retention is common when stressed and after breaking a low carb situation. You know this, just a friendly reminder. Welcome back!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you back <3 You got this :)
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    welcome back Britt, I am sure you will lose those 8 pounds in no time and get back to reaching your goal
  • brittdee88
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thanks so much for the warm reception, everyone!
    Things have slowed down this week, so I am relaxing and recovering before they pick back up with research next week. I likely won't be posting in quite as much detail as before because I am honestly not trying to put on too much pressure. After thinking some more, I am also planning to enter maintenance on June 1 regardless of my weight because I loved how I looked before finals, and I am not 100% sure I NEED to hit 129. Unless by some crazy twist of events that causes me to gain weight over the next few weeks, I feel like I will be satisfied just being around/below 135 and can end there. I feel like it is more of a pride thing to be able to say I lost 50 pounds, but I don't know that it's really necessary. Maybe I will do like others and lose more after maintaining for a while, but I am ready to move on to a new phase of my life, especially now that I know I really love my body at 137-138. I am going to stick to LC and OMAD on rest days and start my maintenance countdown.
  • brittdee88
    edited May 2018
    Options
    5/8: 143.8 (-1.2)
    Days to Maintenance: 24
  • dkayingram
    Options
    Britt you have done great - and are an inspiration I am sure you will do fine with your new plan. It isn't about a number it is about how you look and feel!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, @dkayingram! I don't know how inspiring it is to see this trainwreck, but I am definitely trying!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    It's not a train wreck, you're doing great!!! I think thats a great plan too <3
  • tlblanks1
    Options
    Britt, you have made a great accomplishment and should be proud. You worked hard, overcame obstacles and are in a great place. I am proud of you and am happy to have been able to share your journey. I believe you will do great in maintenance.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Not a train wreck in any way, shape or form!! You are doing awesome! <3
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Awww. Thank you for the kind words, ladies. I really love this group. <3
  • brittdee88
    Options
    5/9: 142.2 (-2.8)
    Days to Maintenance: 23

Yesterday's OMAD was a bahn mi salad bowl, water with 1 tb each of unsweetened grapefruit juice and ACV, two grapefruit segments, and a small coffee with HWC and SF vanilla syrup around 12:00. My meal wasn't at VLC levels like I was eating pre-finals because of the grapefruit and its juice and the tiny bit of rice vermicelli topping in my bowl (<1/4 cup), but I don't mind. I'm relaxing a bit on that because I am finding that I am much more comfortable including a tiny serving of either starch or grain in my meal because it keeps me regular. I think staying below 30g total is good enough without trying to get down to near-zero again, which always messes with my regularity. My biggest challenge has always been sweets, so as long as I stay away from those or make low carb versions, avoid unnecessary sugar like those in drinks and sauces, and keep my starch/grain portion super small, I am not too concerned. This seems more sustainable and is definitely still LC when compared to SAD.
    I also had a few rum and diet cokes last night to celebrate the official end of finals (my last exam was yesterday), and I danced the night away. I'm assuming that's why I got this unexpected whoosh because TOM started this morning, and I usually gain. I'm really happy these pounds aren't trying to stick around.
  • dkayingram
    Options
    Britt way to go!!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Congrats, keep on dancing ;)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    5/14: 141.6 (-3.4)
    Days to Maintenance: 18

I ended up going on an impromptu vacation for the past few days to celebrate the end of my first PhD year, and I really didn't stay on track. I did stay active, but I am still surprised to see a loss. Research picks back up today, so there won't be any funny business. Looking at my body today, I can see that I will definitely be satisfied with 137-138, which is completely doable by the end of the month. Anything else will be gravy!
  • tlblanks1
    Options
    I predict 135-137 for your maintenance start weight. You are doing great.
  • dkayingram
    Options
    You are doing great!