What are you training for?

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    I’m training for my first marathon in September. I have previously run 3 half marathons.

Which marathon?

Wineglass Marathon in NY

Awesome! I'll be there too. It will be my first time running Wineglass.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    I’m training for my first marathon in September. I have previously run 3 half marathons.

Which marathon?

Wineglass Marathon in NY

You talked me into it. Signed up for Wineglass today, but I don't expect to start a formal training cycle till June.
  • DawnBarstow
    DawnBarstow Posts: 14 Member
    Manchester Half Marathon Oct 18 & Manchester Marathon April 19! (UK).

Very focused on getting there have a few 10Ks pencilled in along the way :)

Feel free to add me if you want running chat & support!
  • beatthebinge3464
    beatthebinge3464 Posts: 25 Member
    Training to run a 18 min 5K
  • fitnessfunCO
    fitnessfunCO Posts: 2 Member
    Bolder Boulder!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member

Which marathon?

Wineglass Marathon in NY

I ran Wineglass a few years ago. Was perhaps the coldest race they've ever had. So cold the water cups froze and the GU gel blocks turned solid. I almost broke a tooth!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I have a 10k in November that I'm already signed up for, and there is a 10k and a half that I am considering between now and then, but I am quite liking being able to run for the enjoyment of running instead of because I'm training for another race.
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    I just completed my first full marathon on Saturday. The Ogden Marathon in Utah. It was amazing. I'm going to sign up for another one (Huntsville, also in Utah) in September. I have a 7 mile trail race in July and a half marathon in western NY in August. I'll just focus on overall health and fitness during June. I think. :)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,454 Member
    This afternoon I got a weird urge to try to set a PR in the 5K and 10K distances this summer. Summer is the off-season for me as far as long distance running, so I might as well go for something like that. I haven't run a paved 10K in 3 years. And that PR will be very easy to beat. The 5K will be a little bit challenging though, but I think I can do it with some targeted workouts.
  • martadebskaa
    martadebskaa Posts: 3 Member
    100k in September - 7 Valley Ultra Run :) in Poland
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Right now, I'm training to nip incipient Achilles tendinitis in the bud. Once that's accomplished, I'll gradually transition into easy training for Wineglass Marathon on September 30. Given the time frame, finishing healthy is the goal. I don't expect a PR, even though it's an easier marathon course than I've ever run.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    100k in September - 7 Valley Ultra Run :) in Poland
    @martadebskaa is that a Lublin marathon bib and finish line in your picture? If so, congratulations! I was there, too :) Best wishes on your ultra!

My next race is the Silesian Highlands Half Marathon, also in Poland (Półmaraton Wyżyny Śląskiej) at the end of June. It will be my first longer-than-5k trail race.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Long Beach Marathon. I was going to shoot for a 3:30 but I don't think I'll have enough time to train for that. I'll be happy to PR with a time less than 3:52 (2017 Vegas RnR).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Training starts on Monday for Bridlington half marathon.

Aparently it's a flat course so I'm hoping for a PB :bigsmile:
  • notafatmommy
    notafatmommy Posts: 29 Member
    I am training for my first half. I am doing the Rock and Roll San Antonio half and 5K in Dec. My goal is to just run the whole thing. Last month the most I had ever ran without stopping was 3 miles!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,650 Member
    I am training for my first half. I am doing the Rock and Roll San Antonio half and 5K in Dec. My goal is to just run the whole thing. Last month the most I had ever ran without stopping was 3 miles!
    My situation is almost identical, think my longest so far is around 4 miles and I've also signed up for my first half in December. Terrified but excited too :-D
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member

@notafatmommy I've done two RnR races and they were a lot of fun. Lots of crowd support, lots of cool music, and well organized.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Not sure if I posted yet but training has 'officially' begun for Wineglass. I'm hell bent on hitting my target pace this year even if I hit the wall at the end. I won't know if I can do it until I try it. B)
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Training for my second marathon in October. Also just signed up for Red Bull Quicksand. Is only a mile course but is up some apparently brutal sand dunes so will be an interesting event