Robert's Southern Fried OMAD Journey

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    How are you feeling?

I’m over the general anesthesia, so very well. Scar tissue removal from a previous abdominal surgery. Was interfering with exercise, etc. General soreness. Finally broke my fast tonight with chicken soup, substituting sliced cabbage for noodles!

Thanks for asking.

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Your break-fast meal sounds great! Speedy recovery!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Hope you are continuing to recover.
  • EstrangedTiger
    Thank you. Well, here is a graph of my progress, as of this morning:

(May have to click on the link. the picture is not popping on my iPad)

I’m elated, just keeping plugging away!

Going to enroll and finish my Master’s degree.

• dkayingram
    WOW way to go!!!!
  • EstrangedTiger
    dkayingram wrote: »
    WOW way to go!!!!

Thanks! Shedding part of this excessive weight and having better overall nutrition really opens mental doors. I stopped my graduate work a few years back, due to declining health. @brittdee88 has inadvertently planted that seed in my whacky mind.

The fasting aspect does heal, the mental clarity component is not a myth.

My best friend from high school calling me a “fat boy” in January was a wake up call, even if he was being his usual self...

:D

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2018
    I get so annoyed when I hear someone calling someone else fat even if it is a joke, to me its not funny at all :( You're doing great!!! I'm glad your procedure went well and congrats on enrolling to finish your masters degree :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited May 2018
    I get so annoyed when I hear someone calling someone else fat even if it is a joke, to me its not funny at all :( You're doing great!!! I'm glad your procedure went well and congrats on enrolling to finish your masters degree :)

It's not cool, over 25 years later after high school graduation. However, we are adults and if he chooses to continue the high school jargon - that is on him. I forgive easily. Will never let him know his words struck a nerve. :):)

Thank you.
  • dkayingram
    Sticks and Stones Robert :) use those words as more motivation! You are doing great! Congrats on going back to school!
  • brittdee88
    edited May 2018
    I'm sorry he called you that - shame on him.
    I am glad that you are getting better, though, and it is awesome that it is having ripple effects in other areas of your life! Come back over to the dark side of thick books and thin pockets :D
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited May 2018
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Sticks and Stones Robert :) use those words as more motivation! You are doing great! Congrats on going back to school!

I talked with my department head today. The process has begun!
    I'm sorry he called you that - shame on him.
    I am glad that you are getting better, though, and it is awesome that it is having ripple effects in other areas of your life! Come back over to the dark side of thick books and thin pockets :D

Words are just words!

I’m a minimalist - small apartments and an empty fridge are liberating! OMAD will also make it a breeze on expenses! My coursework was online originally, but campus just seems fun. Also, the built in walking is solid exercise!

Thanks!

• brittdee88
    I'm the same way re: minimalism! I'm happy for you!
  • EstrangedTiger
    I'm the same way re: minimalism! I'm happy for you!

OMAD just goes with it so well. Out with the clutter!
  • brittdee88

I hadn't thought of that, but you are 100% right! It is definitely a very simple way to eating that frees up a lot of energy I would otherwise spend thinking about and preparing food.
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited May 2018

I hadn't thought of that, but you are 100% right! It is definitely a very simple way to eating that frees up a lot of energy I would otherwise spend thinking about and preparing food.

Especially like today, with all of these appointments!

Well, I’m basically physically recovered from surgery - but, the general anesthesia has effected my thinking somewhat. Sorta cloudy! I’m missing posts here and losing track of my food log, somewhat.

I blame this on my adventure to the local fried chicken joint. Also, I forgot to empty my pockets before weighing in at the pharmacy! Invalid results!
  • zoopis94
    zoopis94 Posts: 31 Member
    Wow, that weight loss rate is impressive! Looking forward to seeing more on your journey
  • EstrangedTiger
    zoopis94 wrote: »
    Wow, that weight loss rate is impressive! Looking forward to seeing more on your journey

Thank you.

• EstrangedTiger
    edited May 2018
    BTW, looked back at another fitness app and discovered my weight was actually 277 on January 1 of this year. So:

HW: 277
    SW: 273
    CW: 228

49 lbs lost

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    BTW, looked back at another fitness app and discovered my weight was actually 277 on January 1 of this year. So:

HW: 277
    SW: 273
    CW: 228

49 lbs lost

Awesome!!! :)
  • brittdee88
    Amazing loss, Robert!
    How are you feeling today? Still foggy? I also get the immediate fog when I introduce carbs again. It's awful.