• txmaryk99
    txmaryk99 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge

6/3 and 6/4
    Tracking: Yes, Yes
    Calories: Yes, Yes
    Exercise: Yes walk the dog both days.

Since my stroke stairs have been a bit of a challenge for me. I can walk up ok but going down my balance is more challenging, so I go one step with both feet. So Sunday I spent 10 min going up and down like normal people do and I have to say that was a mini workout all in itself.

Now for weigh in Week 2
    Weigh in day Monday
    Last week 249.6
    This week 245.7

Staying away from the salty holiday food helped with this weeks weigh in. That and plenty of water.
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    June 4
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no ( over by 200)
    Exercise- yes

I need to get back in the game after a wedding this past Friday and enjoying the family this weekend.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    txmaryk99 wrote: »
    Mini challenge

6/3 and 6/4
    Tracking: Yes, Yes
    Calories: Yes, Yes
    Exercise: Yes walk the dog both days.

Since my stroke stairs have been a bit of a challenge for me. I can walk up ok but going down my balance is more challenging, so I go one step with both feet. So Sunday I spent 10 min going up and down like normal people do and I have to say that was a mini workout all in itself.

Now for weigh in Week 2
    Weigh in day Monday
    Last week 249.6
    This week 245.7

Staying away from the salty holiday food helped with this weeks weigh in. That and plenty of water.

I'd say that laying off the salty food helped big time!!! What a great loss!! I didn't realize you had a stroke! Good for you to take steps (literally and figuratively) to improve your overall health!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    June 4
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no ( over by 200)
    Exercise- yes

I need to get back in the game after a wedding this past Friday and enjoying the family this weekend.

Okay, so over by 200 isn't terrible!! I am glad you enjoyed your wedding and family this past weekend!! But you are right...the weekend is over and now it is time to get back on track!!! And you will...you were almost there today!!!
  • miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    June 4th
    Tracking: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes. 30 minutes of gardening
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Previous weight: 178.1 lbs
    This week: 176.9 lbs

I leave tomorrow for 5 nights to a music festival, so I won't be logging, be eating crap and drinking loads. But... Will be doing loads of walking and dancing. We'll see what damage is done next Tuesday lol!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    miroller wrote: »
    June 4th
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes. 30 minutes of gardening

So pleased to see you recommit, Mandy!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Previous weight: 178.1 lbs
    This week: 176.9 lbs

I leave tomorrow for 5 nights to a music festival, so I won't be logging, be eating crap and drinking loads. But... Will be doing loads of walking and dancing. We'll see what damage is done next Tuesday lol!

Great loss, Karyn!! Way to right the ship, when it steered off course, ever so slightly!! Enjoy your music festival, and any damage that occurs will be short lived, as you know how to undo damage!!
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    First full day back on track. Need to improve my water intake but it’s hard when it’s so cold (it’s now winter in Australia!). Still having something to work on isn’t a bad thing.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    ]June 4

Calories: yes
    Exercise: yoga & meditation, 1.3 mile walk , 2 mile walk at lunch .if I can lift at least I can get some fresh air.
    Steps 12212
    Water 128
    It’s finals week for my son praying for him this week omg I’ll have a Junior after this week where does the time go? ;-(

Happy Tuesday

• thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS The 21 day fix meal plan has you eating like 3 servings of veggies, 4 protein, 2 fruits, 2 carbs, 1 healthy fat, etc. So "normal" for me is typically having more carbs and fats but still within my calorie goal. It also only allows black coffee which I can't do so to switched to tea for the 21 days and I'm very happy to have my coffee back :D:D

@txmaryk99 The stairs are an awesome workout! When I didn't have many workout options I would just walk up and down my stairs while my kids watched TV and I would burn tons of calories!

6/4
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise I think I got at least 20 mins, we went on a couple walks, and I pulled weeds for a while

This is getting really long but I wanted to mention my older daughters got a list of activities to do for the summer from local businesses for small prizes and one of the activities was to make a family exercise plan for a week. So they decided everyday this week we're going to walk around the block, do 5 push ups, 10 jumping jacks, and 4 crunches :)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    First full day back on track. Need to improve my water intake but it’s hard when it’s so cold (it’s now winter in Australia!). Still having something to work on isn’t a bad thing.

Yes. We can get complacent when we stop trying to improve or accomplish something!! We always need a goal! As for your winter, how cold is cold? And please, keep it to yourselves....we had enough when it was our winter!!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    ]June 4

Calories: yes
    Exercise: yoga & meditation, 1.3 mile walk , 2 mile walk at lunch .if I can lift at least I can get some fresh air.
    Steps 12212
    Water 128
    It’s finals week for my son praying for him this week omg I’ll have a Junior after this week where does the time go? ;-(

Happy Tuesday

Fresh air is always a good thing!! Yes, exams can be so tough on the kids!! We wish him luck!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    @HASWLRS The 21 day fix meal plan has you eating like 3 servings of veggies, 4 protein, 2 fruits, 2 carbs, 1 healthy fat, etc. So "normal" for me is typically having more carbs and fats but still within my calorie goal. It also only allows black coffee which I can't do so to switched to tea for the 21 days and I'm very happy to have my coffee back :D:D

@txmaryk99 The stairs are an awesome workout! When I didn't have many workout options I would just walk up and down my stairs while my kids watched TV and I would burn tons of calories!

6/4
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise I think I got at least 20 mins, we went on a couple walks, and I pulled weeds for a while

This is getting really long but I wanted to mention my older daughters got a list of activities to do for the summer from local businesses for small prizes and one of the activities was to make a family exercise plan for a week. So they decided everyday this week we're going to walk around the block, do 5 push ups, 10 jumping jacks, and 4 crunches :)

Oh, that is so cute that you can do fitness as a family! Get in ingrained into their heads at a young age that fitness can be fun, and good for you at the same time!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge June Week #1 (Sun the 27th to Sat the 2nd)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @katevt78 (ALL SEVEN DAYS) - 9th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @thedestar (ALL SEVEN DAYS) - 3rd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @HASWLRS (ALL SEVEN DAYS) - been since sometime in April, I think!
    @murdog3t (6) - back in the Winner's Circle after a bit of an off week!!
    @txmaryk99 (6) - first time trying the challenge and she lands in the Winner's Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @erikNJ (4) - managed a Notable Effort in spite of his second thoughts!!
    @Nicoletime4me (4) - managed a Notable Effort in spite of a famiy wedding weekend!!

Attempted:
    @GardenMama129 (3) - one of those weeks!!
    @drea2011 (2) - just getting back into it!!
    @LMT2017 (2) - first time trying the challenge!!
    @makhe1224 (1) - one of those weeks!!
    @miroller (1) - just getting back into it!!

We had 12 participate this week, up from only 7 the week before. We had 5 make it to the Winner's Circle, up from 4 the week before!! Congratulations to @katevt78, @thedestar, @HASWLRS, @murdog3t, and @txmaryk99 for a great week!! Well done to Kate, Destiny and me, who were accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!!
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    June 5
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 22 min walk)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    June 5
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 22 min walk)

There's the back on track!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Challenge - June 5th

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, 48 minute walk/run
    water: 64 ounces; not great!
  • txmaryk99
    txmaryk99 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge June 5
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes 25 min walk with the dog. We are both getting better at going farther in less time.

After yesterdays walk I realized the poopy dog got into brambles somewhere ( bad mommy) and was a total mess. She is a Shih Tzu so her hair was a total mess. I spent 90 min combing all the stuff and knots out of her hair. That was a workout to say the least. And to think my groomer does this all day long.
This discussion has been closed.