TEAM: Flab-U-Less (June)

Options

Replies

• ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I did think I could weigh myself again later but then decided, I really can't be bothered. It's the monthly but if the gain is from that is another thing. Just busy and forgetting to do my diary but I don't think I've gone crazy this week.i've had no cravings but I've been eating bread after finding lots of gf bread reduced. I can't over look that. I'm not bloated from what I can tell , been careful with the salt as that's the normal big cause of my bloating and I've kept up my calcium and iron supplements which stop my hormones going crazy as a result also stops the cravings. Never had cravings till all that started with my body. Each pregnancy has changed my body hormones wise and being gf just adds to the problem.
    ToadstoolBetty
    Saturday
    Week 3
    Previous 164
    Current 166.2
  • koirakoira
    koirakoira Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Username: koirakoira
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Starting weight (May 20): 137.8
    Week 1 (May 27): 138.0
    Week 2 (June 03): 136.9
    Week 3 (June 10): 137.0
    Week 4 (June 17): 135.6
    Week 5 (June 24):

This week I managed to overcome the weekend weight increase!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Happy Father's Day to the men in our lives who give so much to others and ask for so little in return. Fathers and mentors share their knowledge and wisdom through example. You deserved a day off, go fishing, eat a delicious steak or salmon dinner, golf, hike, read, relax, watch World Cup, and just chill. It's your day!
  • Frens0614
    Frens0614 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Username: Frens0614
    Sunday weigh-in: 148.6

Finally braved the scale after not stepping on it for 2 weeks. I was definitely up from where I was 3 weeks ago but motivated again to get it back down. Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there, and good job everyone!

@wyhorzegal I hope your daughter is on her way to a speedy recovery!
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Stacybaker707
    Last week: 202.6
    This week: 200.6
    Taking my weight from yesterday as I forgot to weigh in this morning and already started eating and drinking!
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Nooooot excited to see what I'm at tomorrow. I went wild with a steak today and was already up from last Monday so I KNOW it's going to be bad. I've been feeling generally like garbage as far as my weight lately though, trying to fight off the self-esteem monster. However...I've gotten really into kale (it's more delicious than I expected!) and I'm trying to make myself more sandwiches and less takeout!!!! So I think my diet is improving significantly. I'm also trying to stick to the 8-hour (intermittent fasting) way of life, I used to do it, and it wasn't really helping me that much other than to curb my appetite. I think now though I've been doing more exercise and watching what I'm eating better than before so I have high hopes this will make a difference.
  • Djou11
    Djou11 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I owe each and every one of you a sincere apology. I have been super busy with sick kids and trying to catch up on all that I needed to do in the past 2 weeks that I totally neglected this group.

First of all I forgot to post my week 3 weigh in and I want to be honest and accountable so here it is even though it's late and did not count for our team standings
    Week 2/Monday june 4 - 183.4
    Week 3/Monday june 11- 182.6

Tomorrow won't be good as I have not been good with my nutrition over the last few days.

Everyone is doing great and @stacybaker707 you will totally be out of the 200's next Sunday :)

@lar25473 when I feel like crap I force myself to workout, I push through the first 10 mins and then I can usually get the endorphins rush and feel better after

@koirakoira way to stick with it for the weekend :) great job

@ToadstoolBetty pregrancies can definitely wreck your body not only with yhe added pounds but all over, hormones, moods and all. Hang in there and keep it up. I think your bread might have been the reason for the gain. But hey tomorrow is another day :)
  • Djou11
    Djou11 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Week 3 results

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 3 WINNER @Tracie_Lord. - 2.60%
    AND TO TEAM BIG BUTT THEORY FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 3!!

Team The Big Butt Theory did an outstanding job in Week 3. Some big losses posted in Team The Big Butt Theory.

This week we had at least one in each team in the magic 1% range, which is great!!

Most teams slowed down even more in week 3 than week 2?! It's hard to keep the motivation up, but use the warmer weather to get out and do more. Make the most of the summer.

This competition is based on weight, but most would also have non-scale victories along the way. Looser clothes, feeling fitter, resisting temptation, unexpected compliments, etc.. Be mindful to look for these non-scale victories along the way. These help keep the motivation to continue putting in the work to successfully manage weight.

Below are the full results for Week 3.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @Tracie_Lord. - 2.60%
    2nd - @drea2011. - 2.15%
    3rd - @katevt78. - 2.04%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.91%
    2nd - Gutbusters. - 0.48%
    3rd - Flab-U-Less. - 0.36%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @Tracie_Lord. - 2.60%
    2nd - @drea2011. - 2.15%
    3rd - @katevt78. - 2.04%

The Slimsons
    1st - @IanMoone30. - 1.82%
    2nd - @tinak33. - 1.59%
    3rd - @ka97. - 1.18%

Gutbusters
    1st - @CrowChild. - 1.44%
    2nd - @eevang. - 1.40%
    3rd - @ruthiebryan2922. - 0.97%

Run Track Minds
    1st - @justkris_gettingfit. - 1.07%
    2nd - @DreamPhedre. - 0.77%
    3rd - @Allyanne1. - 0.65%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @12774. - 1.52%
    2nd - @dheliason. - 1.35%
    3rd - @aganey. - 1.10%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @Tracie_Lord. - 6.0 lbs.
    2nd - @drea2011. - 4.9 lbs.
    3rd - @LMT2017. - 4.4 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 33.3 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 8.6 lbs.
    Gutbusters - 11.9 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - 7.7 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 11.7 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 73.2 lbs
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    dheliason
    June week 4
    Monday
    Previous: 146.1
    Today: 147.1

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about going low carb or try keto. I have been listening to youtubes about keto. One guy says that for some of us who hold weight in our bellies we simply cannot process carbs like a thinner/no belly person. Our body is different. I keep wishing that I could eat freely like my skinny friends but realized I'm comparing apples to oranges. Day 1- low carb. I don't say keto because I still have to figure out how to get all that fat into my diet instead of a ton of protein. Just rambling....

Looks like our team needs to step it up this week. I havent lost much lately, so I was clearly just sitting back and wishing on a star. I know that I have to take this seriously because it is my health that is at stake.
  • koirakoira
    koirakoira Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I did some research into keto and other related diet/life styles. I feel intermittent fasting makes more sense. I have been mindful about eating less carb, and tracking the proportion of macro nutrients. I found it difficult to up the % of protein in my daily intake, whereas fat % creeps up so easily. The best I could do was 30% protein. On the other hand, IF really fits my life style, as I rarely feel the need to eat during the working day. So I drink a cup of coffee in the morning, and eat my salad during lunch. Weekend is a totally different story ;-( I've been trying to keep myself busy during weekends, doing knitting and crocheting projects.
    will wait to see how your low carb goes.

I'm thinking about going low carb or try keto. I have been listening to youtubes about keto. One guy says that for some of us who hold weight in our bellies we simply cannot process carbs like a thinner/no belly person. Our body is different. I keep wishing that I could eat freely like my skinny friends but realized I'm comparing apples to oranges. Day 1- low carb. I don't say keto because I still have to figure out how to get all that fat into my diet instead of a ton of protein. Just rambling....

Looks like our team needs to step it up this week. I havent lost much lately, so I was clearly just sitting back and wishing on a star. I know that I have to take this seriously because it is my health that is at stake.

• wyhorzegal
    wyhorzegal Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    hi team!! :)

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes for my kid:) She is doing better, Thursday we will go back to the doctor for the new walking boot. (not sure why they call it that when she can't have any weight at all for another two months!) She had a horse wreck:( other then being grumpy cause she can't ride, she is doing great.

We made it back from family vacation! My grandma passed away a little over a year ago and we decided that we take the money and do a big family vacation together every year. I think she would of loved the idea. This year we did Glacier National Park and Flathead lake, beautiful country! In the middle of this huge lake is a big Island called Wild Horse Island, I am happy to report I hiked the whole island and kept up with everyone!;0)

I did step on the scale this morning and was up two pounds from last week:( I tried to eat good but sitting in the car, snacking and just eating out every meal for 5 days I knew wasn't going to be good.

I hope everyone has a great day! Keep up the great work, alot of us are almost to our goals or can see our goals coming! Some of us are almost half way there! and then some of us are struggling but we got this. Today is a new day!
  • wyhorzegal
    Options
    weights up todate:)
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    @djou11 and @wyhorzegal I wanted to let you know that I will be weighing in this Friday 6/22 but I will not be weighing in Friday 6/29. We will be on vacation in a very rural part of Arkansas and I will not have access to a scale, WiFi or even cell service. We leave 6/22 but I will weigh and log before we leave and we are coming home 7/3. I will continue the challenge for July. How does that work? Do you just use my same weight from 6/22 for 6/29 also?

I'm scared for how things will go diet wise while we are there. I won't be able to log anything because I won't be able to use mfp. My mother in law will be doing most of the cooking so I'm not sure what all she's cooking or putting in the dishes. I will be cooking about 4 of the meals so I can judge those times. I told myself I'm going to REALLY watch my portions the best I can and not snack in between meals. I am going to allow myself a very small serving of something sweet each day because I am on vacation after all. We will be doing alot of walking and hiking so I'm hoping that will help offset any overages I may be eating. I've been having some anxiety about it this past week because I finally made it to the 170's and I don't want to go back to the 180's.
  • NationalCapital
    NationalCapital Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Username: NationalCapital
    Weigh in day: Monday (June 18/18)
    Last week's weight: 162
    Today's weight: 166

Sorry everyone :(
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Week 1 (May 28th): 189.4
    Week 2 (June 4): 190
    Week 3 (June 11): 190.2
    Week 4 (June 18): 191.4
    Week 5 (June 25):

SO Sorry I did this late again. I think next month my weigh in day is going to be Tuesday since I seem to forget every Monday. (I work Mondays but not Tuesdays so I have a tendency to forget when I'm rushing around in the mornings).

Kind of disappointed in this week, and I notice a general trend that I'm gaining back again. I don't know why but I hope that I can reverse the effects. I've been trying to eat more of my favorite health foods (Hello kale, my new best friend<3) instead of ordering takeout, but it's so tough. My brother works at Chickfila so that is so tempting every now and then to want to stop in. I was thinking about making myself a rule that perhaps just once a week, maybe Saturdays, I could indulge on a couple of my favorite junk food, like taking myself out to Chickfila or getting a Halo Top ice cream from the store. I think if I give myself one cheat day a week or even every two weeks I can promise myself to behave the rest of the week....?
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    WA_Teacher
    June Week 4
    Sunday
    Previous Weight: 223.3
    Current Weight: 225

Sorry this is late. I did weigh myself on Sunday and definitely saw the results of an end of the year party, a retirement party, and a going away dinner. School is finally out but instead of getting out for long walks I'm starting my summer vacation with a terrible cold. I'm feeling a bit better today but still have very little energy.

I hope everyone else is enjoying your week.
  • wyhorzegal
    Options
    aganey wrote: »
    @djou11 and @wyhorzegal I wanted to let you know that I will be weighing in this Friday 6/22 but I will not be weighing in Friday 6/29. We will be on vacation in a very rural part of Arkansas and I will not have access to a scale, WiFi or even cell service. We leave 6/22 but I will weigh and log before we leave and we are coming home 7/3. I will continue the challenge for July. How does that work? Do you just use my same weight from 6/22 for 6/29 also?

I'm scared for how things will go diet wise while we are there. I won't be able to log anything because I won't be able to use mfp. My mother in law will be doing most of the cooking so I'm not sure what all she's cooking or putting in the dishes. I will be cooking about 4 of the meals so I can judge those times. I told myself I'm going to REALLY watch my portions the best I can and not snack in between meals. I am going to allow myself a very small serving of something sweet each day because I am on vacation after all. We will be doing alot of walking and hiking so I'm hoping that will help offset any overages I may be eating. I've been having some anxiety about it this past week because I finally made it to the 170's and I don't want to go back to the 180's.

Sounds good! Have a great vacation! :) my daughter lived in remote Alaska for 3 years and loved it but they just moved back to Wyoming this summer. Have a great vacation!
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Thanks @wyhorzegal! We try to go every year to visit my husband's side of the family, but it's been about a year and a half. We are anxious and excited! I wish we could live there but there's just no industry. It's just so beautiful there. I live in southeast Texas and all we see are flat lands and oil refineries.
This discussion has been closed.