Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• msfuzzyvegan1
    msfuzzyvegan1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm planning my cosplay for November and I'm so excited!
  • bluecubby61
    bluecubby61 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Because last night when my one-eyed cat was sitting upright next to the base of my (black) tower fan, giving me a severe and unending frozen stare - for not sharing chicken with her - I threw my arms across my head, and screamed "the eye, the eye, please forgive me Mistress of the Dark Tower!"
  • youallonsy
    youallonsy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Cogito ergo sum Nerd
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Because i can't stop shopping on lootvault's sales and even bought gamer socks and yet another diecast delorean.
  • mruntidy_therevenge
    Options
    Sweet Jesus - this is still going? I'm proud of you you f*ckin nerds!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Sweet Jesus - this is still going? I'm proud of you you f*ckin nerds!

Welcome back, Mruntidy! :wink:

This place is pretty quiet compared to the heyday, but it still gets a little traffic. I keep it around for nostalgia.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A co-worker gave me a Harry Potter Hallmark ornament as a thank you present. When I opened it, I got really excited because it is the book Harry and Ron and not the movie Harry and Ron. My co-worker said I had shown my true Potterhead tendencies - one glance and I knew based on Ron's face and Harry's glasses.
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    Because I'm buying miniature arcade games that are almost exact replicas except for the controls since they have to be bigger. Namco's making a series of them too and they're more expensive at 22.00 each. Plus i bought an audio converter for digital to RCA.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    rowlandsw wrote: »
    Because I'm buying miniature arcade games that are almost exact replicas except for the controls since they have to be bigger. Namco's making a series of them too and they're more expensive at 22.00 each. Plus i bought an audio converter for digital to RCA.

I saw those! How are they?
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    They're not bad. Turns out the 22.00 namco ones are meant for action figures and don't do anything. So i ended up ordering more of the playable mini cabinets. Most of them are pretty much those old school LCD handheld games from the 90s. Also bought some gaming tshirts, turns out walmart's got a bunch at a reasonable price. Just wish i could search by size.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Because I am pissing away more and more hours on maxing the sphere grid in FFX-HD. I remember being extremely disappointed as a teen when I found out that the Dark Aeon bosses weren’t in the US PS2 version of the game. Now that I have access to those fights on my Vita, I’m determined to get them done, and holy *kitten* the required amount of min-maxing is absurd.
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    I wore on my Periodic Table of Super Mario to the gym today and am waiting for more shirts.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I accidentally found a shortcut to examining the results of finite element model, so many fewer steps. I then had to go investigate other possibilities of usage and capabilities.
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    As much as I love science (despite my poor math skills) that went over my head other than finite and element lol.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd because I walked around saying 'may the fourth be with you' to everyone I've interacted with today.
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    I got a Switch just in case the court case for the controller design does lead to a ban.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd because I walked around saying 'may the fourth be with you' to everyone I've interacted with today.
    This made me especially laugh because MFP told me (in California) that you posted this on May the 3rd, which would be a confused nerd. Then I remembered that you're in Australia a day's difference :laugh: not so confused.

Was surprised how many people gave me curious looks when I did this :bigsmile: I thought this greeting was part of popular culture by now, no?
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    Raided lootvault for tshirts and gaming themed mousepads.
  • PangPangPrincess109
    PangPangPrincess109 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I promised not to spend anymore money, but Uniqlo released some cool tees to celebrate Shounen Jump's anniversary, so I definitely splurged. I want to post a picture, but I honestly don't know how to do that. 😅
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I promised not to spend anymore money, but Uniqlo released some cool tees to celebrate Shounen Jump's anniversary, so I definitely splurged. I want to post a picture, but I honestly don't know how to do that. 😅

Really?!?! I need to check out and see if they're offering it in the Aussie stores!