TEAM: The Slimsons (July)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of summer vacation for my kids. So. Also day 1 of no gym membership. It ended up being too expensive for myself and the kids ($75 bi weekly ouch). I’m truly bummed as I should be doing my weight lifting class today. My biggest fear is losing the definition in my muscles that I’ve gained. So. Here’s hoping my at home workouts will keep me fit-ish. Thank goodness for YouTube. Off to the park.
    @jennfalzon1979 It's entirely possible to build muscle with only body weight. I read a book once that said they train marines or army or some branch of the military with only body weight activities and it's possible to increase the difficulty as you get stronger, you can do it, I know you can :smile:
    mjohemme wrote: »
    How quickly the weight bounces back up when you feel better. I have to max my calories at 1400 per the doctor, starting next week until my surgery on the 23rd. I'm having a gastric bypass at the end of the month, so I'm guessing I'll have to bow out as a competitor for a year. Hopefully I can still be a member of the team just so I can rejoin when I return to a normal type of weight loss/maintenance and root the rest of you on in the meantime.
    @mjohemme Quite honestly, you're always welcome to hang out with us, even if not as a competitor. You can be a part of the team from the cheer squad if you'd like. I wish you luck, that's not an easy thing to do.
    ka97 wrote: »
    exercise - lifting and arctrainer - I don't normally use the cardio machines, but had to figure out something that would work with my schedule and the crazy heat index. Even in the gym it was hot and sticky!
    @ka97 Honestly, it's probably best to workout at the gym, when it's this hot, even if it's not your first choice and some exercise is definitely better than no exercise. Great job for sticking with it today!!
    JJKM02 wrote: »
    Well after a crazy month of June, I feel like my life is starting to get back to normal. My husband had a heart attack about two and a half weeks ago. He is doing much better and life is returning to normal! Normal July for me is being on summer vacation and heading to the pool a ton!!!
    @JJKM02 I'm glad to hear he's doing better, that's quite a scare! Glad you're getting back to normal too.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Goals: Stay under calories, weight train, had a good day today. Still a bit sore from leg day, but that's ok, today was arms day :smile:

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:30 mins weight training, 10 mins elliptical.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I have been recording in the wrong place!
    Here is yesterday’s, July 3rd.
    Mexiconona Starting Wright 155 Weigh in day Friday
    Tracking yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes 60min Gym
    Carbs over.
  • colinmcp
    colinmcp Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Back in my work clothes today...even though I feel bloated and have not met my calories goals these last few days I did go down a notch on the belt...so that's a nice way to start the day.
  • AB0215
    Options
    rlaratte wrote: »
    Started June weighing in at 186.6
    July 1 2018= 179.2 lbs
    Lost 7.6 lbs in June
    Not bad getting closer to my goal of 167 lbs

KatieWW wrote: »
    Username: KatieWW
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    CW: 174.2

I keep chugging along, having a very hard time bouncing around 4lbs. Hope to break into the 160 mark by the end of July, but I think my body is good at current weight. The question is will the mind win out :|
    >:)
    KatieWW wrote: »
    Monday daily post
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no- to hot out
    Water: 84oz

mexiconona wrote: »
    Mexiconona July 2nd.
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Carbs no 😫
    mexiconona wrote: »
    Mexiconona July 3rd.
    Tracking yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes
    Carbs over
    What is going on? So few are tracking?
  • AB0215
    Options
    Good Morning Slimsons!!

Today is a holiday for a lot of us and a good day to test our strength and try not to overeat or go too far overboard. I am heading out to the gym this morning. I have planned a quick 30-40 min workout. Then I will be making some delicious low carb treats, I'm making a low carb Gooey Butter Cake and Ribs and I'm going to get creative and try to make a low carb Macaroni Salad. I picked up some low carb miracle noodles a while back but if those don't work out, I'm going to plan b which is sliced zucchini instead of noodles so we will see how it turns out.

Have a great holiday!!
  • LovebyDraug
    LovebyDraug Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Daily post for yesterday (7/3) sorry it was late

LovebyDraug
    Calories: over
    Exercise. Stairs stairs and more stairs
    Water: 64 ounces
  • AB0215
    Options
    ahwilkes wrote: »
    Sorry forgot to post last night. Tuesday July 3 post
    Under calories: no 100 cals over
    Exercise: yes: 35 min cardio and lots of steps
    Water: 130 oz
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Good Morning Slimsons!!

Today is a holiday for a lot of us and a good day to test our strength and try not to overeat or go too far overboard. I am heading out to the gym this morning. I have planned a quick 30-40 min workout. Then I will be making some delicious low carb treats, I'm making a low carb Gooey Butter Cake and Ribs and I'm going to get creative and try to make a low carb Macaroni Salad. I picked up some low carb miracle noodles a while back but if those don't work out, I'm going to plan b which is sliced zucchini instead of noodles so we will see how it turns out.

Have a great holiday!!

Yum! Make sure to show us your creations!! Going to have to watch how much I eat today as well since we're making kabob lol :D
  • jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    Track. Yes
    Calories. Probably under
    Exercise. Beach volleyball. Cleaning. Swimming
    Water. 80 ounces

Ate super clean today. Here’s hoping for some scale movement. I think my body is in shock from not going to the gym.
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to my American Slimsons! Hope you all celebrated with family and friends. Enjoy!

Daily Post for Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise 120 minutes of aquafit
    Water 100oz
  • AB0215
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Good Morning Slimsons!!

Have a great holiday!!

Yum! Make sure to show us your creations!! Going to have to watch how much I eat today as well since we're making kabob lol :D

@ssssanaaaa I would show you, forgot to take a pic of them. At any rate, the macaroni salad was a huge success, the Miracle Ziti noodles made a great substitute for actual macaroni, the Gooey Butter Cake I attempted..the jury is still out. It didn't taste like Gooey Butter and didn't look very pretty (part of that might be my fault) but it did taste good...so wasn't a fail...and the ribs were very good. Pretty sure I ate a bit more than I planned, but I also didn't track because I have yet to figure out how much that cake is calorie wise and I'm currently still finishing up some work so might not be until tomorrow that I figure it all out. Still calling it a good day, I still only ate in my eating window so I know it wasn't too bad.
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 4 of July
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes long day at work
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona
    July 4th
    Tracking yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes
    Carbs over
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Wed- was out late for the fireworks!
    Track- yes
    Calories- perfect
    Carbs- over but I did cheat with a small dq blizzard- otherwise ate good!
    Exercise- no, but thinking about restarting within the month to tone up for my upcoming beach trips
    Water- not enough

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday! We took my 4yo daughter to see the fireworks and just as theu were finishing up a severe storm came through!
  • LovebyDraug
    LovebyDraug Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Daily post for yesterday (7/4)

LovebyDraug
    Calories: over - so far over and such bad foods
    Exercise: No - migraine had me bed ridden most of the day
    Water: 40 ounces
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Keri8680
    Weigh in day Thurs
    Week 1 July

PW 187.2
    CW 186.6
  • ahwilkes
    ahwilkes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! I’ve been posting on wrong thread. Oops!!
    July 4 yesterday post
    Track: no (I didn’t do too great)
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no unless playing in pool with my girls counts
    Water: 100 oz
    I’m going to stay on track today!
  • colinmcp
    colinmcp Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So my work trip got cancelled and I'm at home struggling to not eat...on the bright side I've put in 2 bike rides and a visit to the gym that wouldn't have happened...a sneek weigh in shows me up 2lbs for the week :(

Can I blame the heat and humidity?
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Tracked?: Yes. For the most part.
    Calories: Over lol
    Exercise: Not really
    Water: 2.5 liters I think

Comments: Honestly, it could have been worse. I have everything pre-planned today so I will do better to make up for yesterday. And I want to go to the gym today for a little bit as well and then study. Long day ahead of me it looks like! But I'll keep it productive.
This discussion has been closed.