Replies

• CerysDub
    CerysDub Posts: 15 Member
    Username: CerysDub
    Week: 29th July 2018
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW= 205.0
    CW= 200.1

Am totally shocked and happy with the scales this morning! I'm sure its probably mostly water with this being my first week back on plan as historically I've only ever lost 1.5lbs max in a week! But.. am totally grinning!!! Looking forward to being under 200 again next week and treated myself this morning with a nice long walk with baby in the sling and a skinny cappuccino (a whole 80 calories already tracked and over 20 mins of exercise!). Definitely feel like I'm in the zone!
    Wishing everyone else a win on the scales this week!
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    edited July 2018
    Username: BEASTFIELD314
    Week: August Week 1
    PW = 167.4
    CW = 167.4

Good morning and Happy Sunday! I am ready to get this challenge going! I have been mentally preparing myself all week... I hope that we can all work together and encourage each other - be there for the good times and celebrations, but more important - during the times we are struggling. If anyone needs to, I am just a PM away. Have a wonderful day, wonderful start to the challenge, and a fantastic week!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited July 2018
    @a_petersen09 You weigh in on your selected day, which for you is Monday, today just kicks off Week 1 in August, so those that have a Sunday weigh in would post today, those, like you, who have a Monday weigh in day, will post tomorrow, and so on...does that make sense?
  • AB0215
    Good Morning Slimsons and Welcome to August!

Let's make August our best month yet!!

Don't forget that today marks Day 1 on our mini challenges and also for our weigh ins so start weighing in on your selected day and posting your daily posts!

xg0ibkhgi0n7.jpg
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Username: jcgator2016
    Week: 29 July 2018
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW: 282.6
    CW: 281.4
  • AB0215
    CerysDub wrote: »
    Hi everyone!!

I'm Cerys I'm 31 and in the UK, and although I'm new to the group, but returning to the weight loss scene!

After being overweight my whole life, I had foot surgery on both feet and being stuck in bed for a long period of time was a massive wake up call for me, so decided to try to get my BMI into the healthy range before I turned 30. Which I achieved with the help of a personal trainer! I went from 215lbs down to 130lbs in about a year and a half (in time to get married which was a bonus!) And began competing in powerlifting competitions which I loved (I represented britain and european level)!!

I've just started the summer holidays here so I really want to set up good habits to make things easier when I'm back at work in september, so this seemed like a good challenge to keep me focused! I'd like to lose 7lbs this month to start things off! Sorry for the essay!!

@CerysDub Welcome!! Nice to have another lifter on the team! I found a personal trainer at 30 and she changed my life. I'm training for an Olympic style weight lifting competition myself (I like it a bit more than just power lifting), and right now, I'm trying to drop a bit more weight before I enter the competition, but soon I will get there.
    You have a great goal and please let us know if we can help you get there in any way we can! Welcome!!
  • AB0215
    Hi everyone! My name is Amy, I’m from a small town in Arizona. I’m a stay at home mom with a 5 month old daughter. I’m currently 3lbs lighter than my pre pregnancy weight, so I’m pretty proud of myself about that. I haven’t really thought of a goal amount to lose for the month but I know in total I’d like to lose around 120lbs. I know it’s going to take a while and a lot of hard work and dedication but I’m so pumped! Zumba and yoga are currently my go to exercises, I would like to add hiking into the mix when it starts to cool down some. I’m so excited to do this challenge!!
    @a_petersen09 Hi Amy! Welcome. I think it's good to break it up into smaller pieces, I typically tend to look at mine around 30 lbs over 6 months. Gives me a more achievable number in my head, rather than thinking I have 100 lbs to lose, which sounds impossible...and my smaller goal per month winds up being around 5 lbs, which is much easier to manage mentally.
    Glad to have you on the team! Welcome!
  • AB0215
    Nikki_1130 wrote: »
    Username: Nikki_1130
    Week: July 29th 2018
    PW = 262.6
    CW = 261.2

@Nikki_1130 Still crushing it! Way to go!
  • AB0215
    CerysDub wrote: »
    Username: CerysDub
    Week: 29th July 2018
    PW= 205.0
    CW= 200.1

Am totally shocked and happy with the scales this morning! I'm sure its probably mostly water with this being my first week back on plan as historically I've only ever lost 1.5lbs max in a week! But.. am totally grinning!!! Looking forward to being under 200 again next week and treated myself this morning with a nice long walk with baby in the sling and a skinny cappuccino (a whole 80 calories already tracked and over 20 mins of exercise!). Definitely feel like I'm in the zone!
    Wishing everyone else a win on the scales this week!

@CerysDub Awesome!! Great start!
  • AB0215

@jcgator2016 You actually only have to post your weight on Fridays, which is your day to weigh in :smile:
  • a_petersen09
    a_petersen09 Posts: 58 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    @a_petersen09 You weigh in on your selected day, which for you is Monday, today just kicks off Week 1 in August, so those that have a Sunday weigh in would post today, those, like you, who have a Monday weigh in day, will post tomorrow, and so on...does that make sense?

It does thank you :)
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone - My name is Sherry and I'm from a tiny town in Northern California. I'm 33 years old, soon to be 34. My ultimate goal is to lose 50 lbs, which would put me at 175ish pounds (I'm 5'10"). I got down to 188 a few years ago and have slowly gained it all back, which I'm disappointed with myself for letting happen. My biggest, #1 weakness is beer, I LOVE beer. I truly think that if I cut that out I could lose weight easily. I eat pretty well and usually get plenty of exercise (haven’t been walking as much though because it’s been so hot). A few of my mini goals for the month of August is to drink less & wake up early in the mornings to exercise before my day starts. My weight really is out of control and I’m getting tired of looking at my fat self in the mirror. Hoping this challenge will kick start my path to long term weight loss.

Beer is a favorite of my fiancé and mine. Making it a goal to only drink moderately on the weekends or if we are both off together. I only have one a day except our days off together which end up having a few. I cut it out for a week and dropped almost two pounds. Maybe we can make it a goal together to cut it out during the work days and only have it on the off days (but within moderation of course)?

Great idea! I’m in, let’s do it! Wasn’t planning on drinking today and I’m going to dust off the old treadmill and take myself for a spin. It’s been a while, so I’m hoping to get 3 miles in under 35 mins. Then maybe go for a walk with my mom. We’ll see.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Mexiconona
    154.5 lbs today. My weigh in day is Friday so I’ll post again on that day, OK?
    I am having knee surgery Aug. 1st. here in Las Vegas where I will be for the next 7 weeks. I am looking forward to a weight loss in Aug.
  • cmm5904
    cmm5904 Posts: 33 Member
    edited July 2018
    So excited for this challenge to get started. My weigh in day is Sunday so here is my post!
    Username: cmm5904
    Week: One
    PW: 248.2
    CW: 248.2
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »

@jcgator2016 You actually only have to post your weight on Fridays, which is your day to weigh in :smile:

10-4

Realized after I posted. Good Luck everyone!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Daily Post (Sunday, 7/29)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, I was under
    Exercise: Yes, 50-minute strength program on the treadmill and a 15-minute stationary bike ride after dinner
    Goals or Day: My day went great! I'm focused and plan to rock this month!

• jennfalzon1979
    jennfalzon1979 Posts: 290 Member
    I’m Jenn. A Canuck. Been here since November and met some great peeps. July was a let down due to my van dying. But looking forward to August!!!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Mexiconona
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise. Yes. Walking dog, stretching
  • a_petersen09
    a_petersen09 Posts: 58 Member
    Daily Post: Sunday 7/29
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes, 20 min Jillian Michaels kickboxing workout
    Goals or Day: Day was pretty good, got new workout clothes so that was pretty exciting.
This discussion has been closed.