TEAM: The Slimsons (August)

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member

What does 16:8 mean? And what is OMAD?
    @a_petersen09 Those are terms for Intermittent Fasting. Basically if you're doing 16:8, you're fasting for 16 hours and you only eat in an 8 our window. For me, I only eat between 12 pm and 8 pm. OMAD means One Meal A Day. Those days I only eat dinner so I'm essentially skipping a meal, otherwise in the 16:8, I don't really skip meals, I just only eat them in an 8 our window. The idea is you're eating less overall, and you are burning fat from your body a little longer. I encourage you to look into it if you want to know more. There are a lot of studies that seem to suggest it has a lot of benefits. I do it along with a Ketogenic diet as I'm naturally less hungry, but that isn't necessary, you can do Intermittent Fasting with any diet choice.
  • AB0215
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    jcgator2016

Weigh In Day: Friday
    Weigh In Week 4
    PW: 275.2
    CW: 272.8

@jcgator2016 Woot Woot! Awesome loss!

Thanks! Totally unexpected. After scaling back and modifying my workouts due to a bad knee, this was a pleasant surprise. Especially when I took a sneak peek on the scale Wednesday showing a pound over.
  • AB0215

Thanks! Totally unexpected. After scaling back and modifying my workouts due to a bad knee, this was a pleasant surprise. Especially when I took a sneak peek on the scale Wednesday showing a pound over.
    @jcgator2016 You'd be surprised, most of my weight loss has come during the times I've scaled back. I think sometimes it forces us to focus on eating better which in reality is where most of our weight loss comes from. You're doing great!!

• BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Daily Post: Friday, August 24
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes!

I have my 2nd job tonight, but after dinner I went for a walk/jog. Ended up getting in 3.55 miles, in 48 minutes. My park is 1/2 mike around. 5 min walk to the park, walked one lap, jogged the 2nd, walked, jogged, combo and combo. Walked back home. Feel reeeeeal good about today!

How did YOUR day go??
  • AB0215
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:60 mins weight training, 60 mins walking.

Comments: Today's weigh in with my trainer went surprisingly well....I'll leave the suspense for tomorrow.
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Daily Post Fri Aug 24

Tracking: Yes
    Exercise: Stationary Bike 45 mins, Pool workout Cardio 45 mins
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Mexiconona August 24th.
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes physical therapy
    Carbs yes
    153.2 today August 24 th. My weigh in day
    153.2 last week’s weight. I am the exact same ! 😢
    I had knee replacement on the 1st. On my right knee. I have been in oxycodine, a pain killer. I have something to eat every 4 to 5 hrs hours to take my medicine without getting nauseous. I am not eating very much but still have not lost weight. It seems I don’t need very much to survive. I also have been somewhat confused on the painkiller. For instance, I thought I already signed today. 🙄
    My goal for next week is just a lb. 🙏
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited August 2018
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    I always fast 16:8 but twice a week now I'm doing OMAD, where I only eat dinner. Fasting is what helps me keep my hunger under control. When I eat, I want to eat more, when I don't eat, I'm usually not hungry.

I'm on IF too---- trying to get to a 2 day OMAD schedule--- I've been closing in 2 of my fasting 16/8 days slowly to try to gradually get there. I agree with you though--- I find if I eat early in the day (before noon) then I want to continue eating. This week is vaca week, so I'm looking to start next week.

What does 16:8 mean? And what is OMAD?

16:8 refers to intermittent fasting schedule of eating within an 8 hour period and then fasting for 16 hours (so I eat between noon and 8pm most days, nothing before and nothing after is the goal). OMAD = One Meal A Day. :)

(Oh I just saw @AB0215 answered!)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Daily Post: Friday, August 24

Calories: Yes, Under/IF
    Exercise: 7.5 miles walking the beach today

Comments: Ate dinner out, sangria & watermelon, feta chicken salad --even though I stayed under calories--it's the 3rd dinner out at a restaurant this week--I most likely will gain from that alone--eventhough I tried to make good choices this week. Weigh in is Sunday... then Monday it's back to business!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Tracked? Yep
    Under Calories? Yep
    Under Carbs? Yep
    Exercise? Cleaned the house
    Water? Not enough
    Sleep? Yep, 8 hours :)
  • a_petersen09
    a_petersen09 Posts: 58 Member
    @AB0215 and @SLIMn2016 thank you! Maybe I will try it out and see how it works for me. I weigh myself everyday and I’ve been a little frustrated seeing my weight hasn’t gone down. I know it fluctuates but come on haha!
  • a_petersen09
    a_petersen09 Posts: 58 Member
    Daily Post Friday
    Exercise: 8 miles on the stationary bike

• colinmcp
    colinmcp Posts: 88 Member
    Username: ColinMcP
    Week: Aug week 4
    Check in Day: Saturdays
    PW = 228.2
    CW= 226.8
    Total change for week - 1.4lbs

Total lost for August 8.9lbs
    Total lost since joining Biggest Loser in June 25.5 lbs
    Total lost since refocusing May 1st 38.2lbs
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Username JJKM02
    Weigh in day Friday
    Weigh in week August Week 4
    Previous weight 288.5
    Current Weight 286.9
  • AB0215
    mexiconona wrote: »
    I had knee replacement on the 1st. On my right knee. I have been in oxycodine, a pain killer. I have something to eat every 4 to 5 hrs hours to take my medicine without getting nauseous. I am not eating very much but still have not lost weight. It seems I don’t need very much to survive. I also have been somewhat confused on the painkiller. For instance, I thought I already signed today. 🙄
    My goal for next week is just a lb. 🙏
    @mexiconona I have the same reaction on those medications, it's why I pretty much avoid them at all costs these days. I've had a long history of pneumonia (with my faulty lungs) and I stopped letting them give me that stuff in the hospital. Hopefully, your knee starts feeling better soon and you don't need it much longer!
  • AB0215
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Comments: Ate dinner out, sangria & watermelon, feta chicken salad --even though I stayed under calories--it's the 3rd dinner out at a restaurant this week--I most likely will gain from that alone--eventhough I tried to make good choices this week. Weigh in is Sunday... then Monday it's back to business!

@SLIMn2016 I very rarely eat out anymore. I am disgusted by what they actually put in food as fillers and what not. It's like when you think you're doing great, you find out that your steak had some 47 carbs or some crap when steak by itself doesn't have any! Or like IHOPS that have been known to put pancake batter in their scrambled eggs...just saying.
  • ekuassi
    ekuassi Posts: 88 Member
    Daily post 08-25
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, HIIT

The weekend is here. Hopefully I will stay under my calorie budget.
This discussion has been closed.