TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    stephj1216 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone. I'm Stephanie. I'm a full time accountant for a hospital and a full time grad student! This is my first month in this group but I'm really looking forward to being in it! I recently had knee surgery (a month ago) so I'm finally able to be back to my usual routine!

Welcome, Stephanie!! Glad your knee is all ready to go!!
  • DoingItForMySon
    DoingItForMySon Posts: 26 Member
    Todays weigh in 228.6. For a loss of 1.4lbs its a start. My main goal for this month is to meet my water intake so i can maybe lose the pounds that are staying because i dont drink enough water
  • HASWLRS
    Todays weigh in 228.6. For a loss of 1.4lbs its a start. My main goal for this month is to meet my water intake so i can maybe lose the pounds that are staying because i dont drink enough water

Hey, Ashley, that is a great loss to start the month of September!! However, the September Challenge doesn't start until Sunday the 2nd. You are right that your weigh-in day is Saturday, so your first official weigh-in will be on Saturday, September the 8th. Keep up the great work, and see how much you can add to that 1.4 pound loss!!!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Hello all new friends and old friends.

I’m Erik, 37 years old. I am married with no kids and one cat. I work in the beer industry which is tough for weight loss, but I have been committed to changing that in 2018.
    I am fairly new to this group myself, June was my first month. My whole life I have been up and down with weight, the past few years I have been lingering between 250-260. Last year, 12/28/17, I weighed in at 275.5 after a really tough year mentally, which led me to give up on my health.
    I am down 30.3 lbs in the past 8 months. I joined this group at 252.9 and I am at 245.2

August was quite a ride for me but I still managed to lose weight with lots going on. The first week I was away on vacation, the next Saturday was my wedding anniversary The next Saturday was my birthday. To end the month I hurt my back and could not go to the gym. Through all this I lost weight 4 out of 5 weeks and ended the month down 3.3 lbs.
    I am determined to get out of the 240s, going to make that my goal for the month.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Aug 31
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 60 min yoga & meditation , 60 min aqua tone
    Steps: 5481
    Water 88 oz
  • murdog3t
    Hi team I am Tami
    Live in California work as a Supervisor Registered Nurse in a local mental hospital. Been there 30 years. I have 3 adult children and a 16 year old . 7 grandchildren. Was recently hurt at work so I am a little slower moving than normal. But improving everyday .

Let’s go team it’s sound like we have some competition in the group

• mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Hey there, Big Butt Theorists! My name is Mikayla and I am 21 years old. I am currently employed as a Student Activities Assistant at a New York College. I essentially plan and run student events on the campus. I am single, no kids, and living at home with the fam. I have struggled with my weight since I was at least 9 or 10 years old. I am incredibly tired of not looking the way I want to look, feeling sluggish, and not living my life to the healthiest it could be. My weight is currently 165.4 lbs and my ultimate goal is 135 lbs.

For the month of September, I really hope to lose at least 5.4 lbs to bring me down to 160 lbs. Other goals include eating whole foods consistently, preparing meals for success, exercising at least 5x a week, and getting restful sleep. Looking forward to losing (or is it winning?) with you all! :)
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Hey all! My name is Mike and I'm 39, married with 2 little girls(8 & 3 years old). I work from home and my wife and I homeschool our kids. I currently weigh 290. I started 7/25/18 at 309.

The heaviest I've been is 330 and the lightest is 220. I'm 6'4" and an overall big guy. At 220 I had lost a lot of muscle and was about 5% body fat. I want to maintain / build muscle as I lose fat this time. My overall goal for is to get down to about 240 / 250, just depends on how fit I feel and look at that time.

Every other time I've lost weight, I've focused on exercise first and the food habits just kind of fall into place. This time I started focused on the food. I found an online calculator that told me the calories needed to maintain my 309 weight was 3400 calories a day. I couldn't believe how much I must have been eating to stay at that weight. So my goal is to stay around 2000 calories (give or take) a day with a focus on high protein and low carb whole foods. I'm also exercising about 3 times per week in the gym. So far, so good. I've had 2 cheat days and lost 19 pounds over the last 38 days. Some days are absolutely killing me, but about 80% of the time I feel satiated and have decent energy. I'm looking forward to continuing the streak and be at 280 by the end of September.
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Hi I’m Bobby T, this is my second month competing in the biggest loser challenge. My first experience was a rewarding one with me hitting my target. I want to thank the Big Butt Theory Team for the platforms and processes to success. We can all do this!

I am from Pittsburgh and manage two tax offices. With such a cyclical job all my numbers go to a bad place around tax season. I am very active in Fitbit with a target of 20,000 steps. I max out at 10 challenges every week. Please feel free to add me to MFP or Fitbit. Robandy12345

My journeys with food and exercise is feast or famine. I played on 4 softball teams this summer. Currently still playing on two as well as volleyball and basketball starting shortly.

My target this month will be the same as last month, reduce my weight by ten pounds. (199 to 189). I also seek to find a better balance with food, exercise, and rest. Please let me know if I can help on our mission to succeed. Susan B Anthony said it best “ Failure is impossible “
  • murdog3t
    Hi I’m Bobby T, this is my second month competing in the biggest loser challenge. My first experience was a rewarding one with me hitting my target. I want to thank the Big Butt Theory Team for the platforms and processes to success. We can all do this!

I am from Pittsburgh and manage two tax offices. With such a cyclical job all my numbers go to a bad place around tax season. I am very active in Fitbit with a target of 20,000 steps. I max out at 10 challenges every week. Please feel free to add me to MFP or Fitbit. Robandy12345

My journeys with food and exercise is feast or famine. I played on 4 softball teams this summer. Currently still playing on two as well as volleyball and basketball starting shortly.

My target this month will be the same as last month, reduce my weight by ten pounds. (199 to 189). I also seek to find a better balance with food, exercise, and rest. Please let me know if I can help on our mission to succeed. Susan B Anthony said it best “ Failure is impossible “

What’s your email to add you on Fitbit?
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    September 1
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( brisk walk 40 mins)
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    @murdog3t robandy12345@gmail.com
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Hello, I live in the Atlanta Georgia area. I'm married with two grown sons. One son still lives at home and has built a music studio in our home. He is an audio engineer, producer and also performs (guitar and sometimes bass). He is also into body building and will be helping me with my efforts in our home gym.

I've been on this journey for a few years now. I am down 40 pounds from where I started. I struggled a bit during the last week or so of August. Good news is that I took this past week completely off from MFP (and a few other things) and really focused on some of the new lifestyle habits that I've wanted to incorporate into my life. My weigh-in tomorrow will most likely be a significant gain from where I ended the August challenge. But it should come back down fairly quickly.

I've been amazed at how difficult it has been to create new habits. Over the past 3 years I've developed some excellent habits that are now simply a part of my lifestyle. Right now, I'm trying to add to those lifestyle habits. I'm at a place where I really have no excuses except that change is difficult. Over the past week, I have been working on a different morning and evening routine. I will continue to work this out over this next month and by the end of the year, plan on these changes becoming a part of the lifestyle that is just who I am.

My goals for the month:
    1. Strength training
    2. New morning schedule
    3. New evening schedule
    4. Organized weekly schedules that work (so I don't forget what I meant to do each day)

Looking forward to a great September!

• WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    I just noticed that my weigh-in for August 20th (Week 4) was entered as 150 instead of 151. So week 4 and 5 should have been 151 and that carried over to September. I know that I will be posting an increase in the morning from even the 151. Maybe if we could at least change my starting weight for September to the 151 number. That would be helpful. Thanks. :)

It's good to be back after a week off-line. It will be good to get back to logging and seeing the number go back down.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited September 2018
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    The September Challenge starts today....who's ready to kick some Big Butts into high gear?!!!

Yes! I am going to ease back into working out. Back feels better now. Swimming today. Easy walking tomorrow. Mix in weights once i’m confident I can handle them.
    Family bbq today. I am going to have to really watch my portions cause healthy options unfortunately are not an option at bbq’s on my wifes side of the family
  • HASWLRS
    Hey there, Big Butt Theorists! My name is Mikayla and I am 21 years old. I am currently employed as a Student Activities Assistant at a New York College. I essentially plan and run student events on the campus. I am single, no kids, and living at home with the fam. I have struggled with my weight since I was at least 9 or 10 years old. I am incredibly tired of not looking the way I want to look, feeling sluggish, and not living my life to the healthiest it could be. My weight is currently 165.4 lbs and my ultimate goal is 135 lbs.

For the month of September, I really hope to lose at least 5.4 lbs to bring me down to 160 lbs. Other goals include eating whole foods consistently, preparing meals for success, exercising at least 5x a week, and getting restful sleep. Looking forward to losing (or is it winning?) with you all! :)

Welcome, Mikayla! Sounds like you are making the most of your college life by getting involved, and getting others involved!! What are you studying? Sounds like you have a good plan in place to have a successful September!
  • HASWLRS
    mikea2g wrote: »
    Hey all! My name is Mike and I'm 39, married with 2 little girls(8 & 3 years old). I work from home and my wife and I homeschool our kids. I currently weigh 290. I started 7/25/18 at 309.

The heaviest I've been is 330 and the lightest is 220. I'm 6'4" and an overall big guy. At 220 I had lost a lot of muscle and was about 5% body fat. I want to maintain / build muscle as I lose fat this time. My overall goal for is to get down to about 240 / 250, just depends on how fit I feel and look at that time.

Every other time I've lost weight, I've focused on exercise first and the food habits just kind of fall into place. This time I started focused on the food. I found an online calculator that told me the calories needed to maintain my 309 weight was 3400 calories a day. I couldn't believe how much I must have been eating to stay at that weight. So my goal is to stay around 2000 calories (give or take) a day with a focus on high protein and low carb whole foods. I'm also exercising about 3 times per week in the gym. So far, so good. I've had 2 cheat days and lost 19 pounds over the last 38 days. Some days are absolutely killing me, but about 80% of the time I feel satiated and have decent energy. I'm looking forward to continuing the streak and be at 280 by the end of September.

Welcome, Mike! Congratulations on losing 19 pounds so far, and having a solid plan in place to keep losing and to reach your goals!! It is a balancing act, isn't it, to find that perfect amount of food that lets you lose weight but not feel so hungry that you can't function!!
  • HASWLRS
    erikNJ wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    The September Challenge starts today....who's ready to kick some Big Butts into high gear?!!!

Yes! I am going to ease back into working out. Back feels better now. Swimming today. Easy walking tomorrow. Mix in weights once i’m confident I can handle them.
    Family bbq today. I am going to have to really watch my portions cause healthy options unfortunately are not an option at bbq’s on my wifes side of the family

Hey, that's good news about your back, and easing into some exercise this week!! Best of luck watching portions at your BBQ. Enjoy!!
This discussion has been closed.